zumba
    yoga
    kickboxing
    aerobics
    pilates
    ...you name it, i probably love it!
  • justanotherbrickinthewall
    Options
    I workout to lose weight, tbh. I don't find much joy in most workouts unless I'm dancing or running.
    Although I do love yoga, I don't really consider it exercise.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I started off exercising to just to try and lose a bit of weight, but now that I've consistently been at it for 10 months, I can honestly say that I ENJOY it and look forward to it! I love pushing myself and knowing that I'm giving it all I've got ... I feel so much more energetic afterwards ... and, of course, I obviously love seeing the subtle changes over time. It's just funny because when I first started, I had to make myself do it ... and now I don't like it when I have to miss a session. :)

What started out as an effort to lose a few pounds has more or less turned into a way of life now. :)
  • sertcelik
    Options
    I have an anxiety disorder. I run and weightlift to avoid taking much medicine.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    A little bit of both for me, I do it because I want to be fitter/stronger and build muscle but I also use exercise to create a larger deficit because I find it too hard to stay under 1200 calories a day often without the exercising!
  • honor82
    Options
    I like the way it makes me feel after I'm done. I feel like I'm one step closer to who I want to be.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I want to look good.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    definitely so i can eat more and feel good about myself!
  • Bumblebeeman
    Options
    I excercise daily because I know it does me good. Into my 51st year, I enjoy sweating much more now than I ever did as a youngster because I understand what's happening. Fear motivates me to excercise also, excess weight is a killer which is an excellent motivator to get out there & just do it. My running days are over, so I cycle daily, anywhere between 12-18 miles. This takes up less than an hour each day, gets my heart pumping & makes me sweat. So far this year I've cycled just over 7000km. I started using fitness pal two months ago, I had trouble getting under 80kg, I am now 76.4kg largely due to using fitness pal. It doesn't matter what your individual motivation is, we're all different but it's great to see so many people out there moving their bodies.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    the mirror and the scale, then me and then Anthony lol
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Why?
    It started because I knew it shifted weight faster for me if i was doing cardio - my food intake is fine.. maybe a litttle too much snack but otherwise, but I knew I didn't get off my bum.
    But now I do it because of habit .. habit? Addiction? heh! I love exercising. I love getting sweaty, I love whinging about having to do more (:laugh:) and I kinda love the pain I get the next day, knowing I've worked damn hard to get it. :)
  • gary8964
    Options
    I exercise because I know it's good for me. I also do it partly out of fear. Fear of not getting my cholesterol and triglycerides under control, becoming diabetic, heart disease ( all of these are present in my family history). I know if I exercise, It will go a long way towards prevention. That and the good feeling I get when I am done. Endorphins= Natures drug :happy:
  • randomartisrgirl
    Options
    The reason I exercised before was to help me lose weight faster, but now I do it for serveral reasons: to keep my BMR up, to keep from getting lazy, to build muscle, and because by now exercising seems just as much as a necessity as eating.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I feel so much better when I exercise. If I don't, I feel sluggish all day. As well, when I don't exercise, I usually eat more
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I started out exercising just for the extra calories
    Then I got my heart rate monitor which told me I was burning less than 100 calories for a half hour of exercise. I'm on beta blockers, which force my heart rate down. I exhaust myself getting up to 118 bpm. Lots of work, very little return.
    Now, I exercise for the toning and fitness. I also like the social interaction.
    I hope that when I'm at a lighter weight my doctor will take me off the beta blockers.
  • MattArcade
    MattArcade Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    so i can stop looking like I'm pregnant, get my fitness up, look good and stay healthy :)
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I exercise, because it makes me stronger, and I enjoy it.
    The side benefits are looking good, feeling great, living longer and better.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I exercise, because it makes me stronger, and I enjoy it.
    The side benefits are looking good, feeling great, living longer and better.
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Sometimes so I can eat more, sometimes to alleviate stress and sometimes because I like it. But I would like to see it more as building endurance, strength etc... My goal this year is to start lifting again, but I'll tell you