I'm that annoying one at the gym who. . . .

Options

Replies

• SugarNtheRaw
    SugarNtheRaw Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm the one that will give the "eat **** and die" look when I hear people talking about "stupid fatties taking up the good machines". Well you're the stupid jock using up all the good oxygen!
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Dances on the tredmill. I also use up a large amount of the counter when I am getting ready and don't care to move if someone needs to wash their hands...go to another sink lady! haha wow i'm annoying.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Im the woman that wears make up to the gym,but I do it on purpose because I know it annoys people
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I carry my phone around to track my lifts on jefit AND to play on MFP....
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Always color coordinates his clothing and apparel and walks with a confident swag.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    actually does legs!

I hate it when men actually do legs! Then I have to share the squat rack....
  • nurse_chris
    Options
    I'm the one who finishes 3 sets of bicep curls...then flexes in the mirror and grabs the biceps and smiles at how much better they look now, lol.

I'm also the one that drops the barbell after doing deadlifts. It's heavy. You'll get over it.

Epic!

Im the guy who doesn't talk to anyone while working out unless i know you (not because im a snob, but usually i intimidate people at the gym :ohwell: )
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Im the woman that wears make up to the gym,but I do it on purpose because I know it annoys people

I think I love you! I change into workout clothes and THEN put on more make up in the locker room!!! It cracks me up!
  • Nattiejean57
    Nattiejean57 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am the one who tries to run on the treadmill but you can hear me breathing very very hard and loudly! I also loudly try to catch my breath
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    95% of the stuff you all are self concious about I doubt anyone notices. I know I don't.

I'm "Drop Weights Guy" & "Occiasionally Grunt on the FInal Set Guy"
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I'm not ashamed to say that I sing along with the iPod on my rides. Also, I am that girl who will tell you to get off the cell phone if you're having a nice long (and usually loud) chat on the treadmill next to me...if you're on the phone, you're not working out and you might as well just go to the lounge! It distracts me and is a huge gym pet peeve. >: |
    I've answered my phone while on the elliptical. I don't have a full on conversation, but I've chatted for a minute or two. If someone told me to get off my phone, I'd just give them a dirty look and keep talking. That's just rude. I wouldn't go up to the person who has their elliptical on 1 and is reading a magazine and tell them to go sit in the lounge because they're not working out, because it's not my business!

I'm not talking about a one-minute chat...I'm talking about long, loud 30 minute conversations that most likely should not be held in the gym. Believe me, this has happened. And I do try to mind my own business, but if you're being so disruptive that I can hear you over my music I am going to say something. But thanks anyway for moving the goalposts and misconstruing my post.

Giving opinions = getting opinions
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. And I play the imaginary drums while walking on the treadmill too! LOL I'm also the germaphobe who cleans every piece of equipment, including dumbbells and weight plates, before and after I use them.

Air Drums!!= Awesome!!

I also air drum, but I usually reserve that for when I am running outside, my favorite song to airdrum to is anything by the foo fighters
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I also sweat all over the treadmill, the belt, the base, the handles, the screen, the whole thing needs to be wiped down.

EEEEW! :tongue:

At least I wipe it down, when I'm done though, do I get a gold star for that. There are a few things that disgust me, one is when people don't wipe down the equipment and two, people that leave the stall of the bathroom and don't wash their hands. I make a mental note never to shake that person's hand.
  • str0nger
    str0nger Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Im the one that u see u doing more weight than you ;-) and 2 sets of warm up then 5 sets of the actual excersise

I'm the one out lifting YOU, with my warm ups and actual sets of the exercise. ;p
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I'm not ashamed to say that I sing along with the iPod on my rides. Also, I am that girl who will tell you to get off the cell phone if you're having a nice long (and usually loud) chat on the treadmill next to me...if you're on the phone, you're not working out and you might as well just go to the lounge! It distracts me and is a huge gym pet peeve. >: |

Hi there,im the girl that if you told me to get off my phone I would probobly tell you to F off and then talk louder.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    OK, I do something real strange at the gym, and some have caught me doing it.
    I go in the aerobics room when it's slow and nobody else is in there.

I close the door and dim the lights:noway:

And I skip.
    You know? Like when we were kids - skipping.
    I do it for cardio, and I look like a total fool - somebody a few cards short of a full deck.

It's just so much fun and a great break in the routine. It really works the heart and lungs.

Sorry about this...:flowerforyou:

OMG thats AWESOME!! It is TONS of fun and Great Cardio! My husband used to try to get me to skip on the track when we were walking laps but I was always too embarrassed to do it with him. I used to love skipping as a kid, you got places FASTER than if you were just walking!

You GO!!! Maybe you should suggest it to the club to offer a "skipping" class in the aerobics room for open cardio. You never know, you might start a whole new FAD!!!!
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    ...............takes all of the 45's when i leg press...........its a planet fitness, so not hard to accomplish.......
  • jennajosephine
    jennajosephine Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup and great hairstyles to the gym. I don't care if I sweat it off, have mascara running down my face and crazy hair by the end of my workout, at least i look good walking in. :)
  • moxer42
    moxer42 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    im the one that hogs a specific treadmill/elliptical and tries to secretly "restart" the treadmill on my longer runs, as to not go over my time limit. Even though i hate running on the treadmill- if i have to, i definitely try to "secretly" hog the machines LOL. ahh

That's me too, ill keep running in place even when the treadmill stops while im resetting it. (Pretty sure everyone can clearly see what I'm doing)
  • ilikeher
    Options
    .....FAINTS DURING A SPINNING CLASS...

Ugh, embarrassing.