I Did It!!!!! 101 lbs in Less Than a Year

Options
BroDave
BroDave Posts: 249 Member
Some of you have already read part of my story but I made my goal this morning and wanted to let folks know that if I can do this you can too.

Last Christmas my youngest grand-daughter sat on my lap and rubbed my belly and said "You've got a big belly Papa, are you going to have a baby?" I had been dabbling with losing some weight, I would walk for a few days and then quit for whatever reason. Well I made the commitment to do it this time, setting the goal to lose 100lbs by Jan 1 2012.

I began by walking only but needed some motivation so I registered for a Half Marathon for June. Knowing that if I pay $50 for this half marathon I am going to do it. So I found a walking plan for half marathons and by May I was joggong some and had lost 40lbs. I finished in just over 3 hrs but when I finished I felt like I could do it faster next time. Right away I registered for another race and started working for that one.

I have ran 4 half marathons, (each faster than the last) a 15K, 3 10K's and several 5K's. I registered for my first full Marathon for April 28 and have already started training for it. I run about 40 miles a week now and I am down 101 lbs from 280 to 179 since Jan 1, Praise the Lord!!!! I hit my goal of 101lbs this year,

I want to say: Thank you for all your encouragement and support I look forward to the post on my status each day and want to be a motivating force for you all as well.

Replies

• CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!! Congratulations! I want to run like you!
  • yspen42
    yspen42 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Good JOB and keep up the good work! I can't wait until I am able to run like you!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I love you after pic with the clothes. Your grandson must be so proud of you - he sure looks it in the photo at the race! Amazing accomplishments!
  • skinz2k2
    skinz2k2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    that's wonderful bro, keep at it!
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Nothing like the honesty of a child, huh? Your perseverance really paid off in the last year so you must already know you can cotinue making these choices for a healthier you! Congratulations.
  • august83
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Great job :)
  • RicSnyder
    RicSnyder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Bro, Great job. I must confess whenever I see an overweight pastor the question in the back of my mind is “does their physical discipline matches their spiritual discipline?” You’re a great example to your congregation and family.
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! Congratulations!!
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    That is such wonderful news! Congratulations! Thank you for being such an inspiration to others and for sharing your story! :flowerforyou:
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Wanted to send you a great big hug and pat on the back. Way to go! Your family must be amazed. I know I am! Great work and dedication. And you look fantastic.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Good job! :)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! I love the success stories! What a difference it has to have made in your entire life! Well Done!
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an inspiration you are. Welldone!
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an inspiration you are. Welldone!
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! This is very inspirational!
  • alibyouss
    Options
    Amazing what you did..............Good for you and thank you for sharing
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Incredible - well done and how lovely to now be running with your grandkids!
  • klopiccolo1
    klopiccolo1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Congrats on such a great accomplishment!
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    Options
    Congrats, i'm new just signed up today. but i'm looking forward to be able to run. i'm fighting to just be able to walk as somedays it's impossible.

13651868.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!