I Did It!!!!! 101 lbs in Less Than a Year

BroDave
BroDave Posts: 249 Member
Some of you have already read part of my story but I made my goal this morning and wanted to let folks know that if I can do this you can too.

Last Christmas my youngest grand-daughter sat on my lap and rubbed my belly and said "You've got a big belly Papa, are you going to have a baby?" I had been dabbling with losing some weight, I would walk for a few days and then quit for whatever reason. Well I made the commitment to do it this time, setting the goal to lose 100lbs by Jan 1 2012.

I began by walking only but needed some motivation so I registered for a Half Marathon for June. Knowing that if I pay $50 for this half marathon I am going to do it. So I found a walking plan for half marathons and by May I was joggong some and had lost 40lbs. I finished in just over 3 hrs but when I finished I felt like I could do it faster next time. Right away I registered for another race and started working for that one.

I have ran 4 half marathons, (each faster than the last) a 15K, 3 10K's and several 5K's. I registered for my first full Marathon for April 28 and have already started training for it. I run about 40 miles a week now and I am down 101 lbs from 280 to 179 since Jan 1, Praise the Lord!!!! I hit my goal of 101lbs this year,

I want to say: Thank you for all your encouragement and support I look forward to the post on my status each day and want to be a motivating force for you all as well.

Replies

• CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    That's awesome!!!! Congratulations! I want to run like you!
  • yspen42
    yspen42 Posts: 285 Member
    Good JOB and keep up the good work! I can't wait until I am able to run like you!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    I love you after pic with the clothes. Your grandson must be so proud of you - he sure looks it in the photo at the race! Amazing accomplishments!
  • skinz2k2
    skinz2k2 Posts: 99 Member
    that's wonderful bro, keep at it!
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Nothing like the honesty of a child, huh? Your perseverance really paid off in the last year so you must already know you can cotinue making these choices for a healthier you! Congratulations.
  • Congratulations!!! Great job :)
  • RicSnyder
    RicSnyder Posts: 129 Member
    Bro, Great job. I must confess whenever I see an overweight pastor the question in the back of my mind is “does their physical discipline matches their spiritual discipline?” You’re a great example to your congregation and family.
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Fantastic!! Congratulations!!
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    That is such wonderful news! Congratulations! Thank you for being such an inspiration to others and for sharing your story! :flowerforyou:
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Wanted to send you a great big hug and pat on the back. Way to go! Your family must be amazed. I know I am! Great work and dedication. And you look fantastic.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Good job! :)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,603 Member
    That is so awesome! I love the success stories! What a difference it has to have made in your entire life! Well Done!
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Wow, what an inspiration you are. Welldone!
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Wow, what an inspiration you are. Welldone!
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Congratulations! This is very inspirational!
  • Amazing what you did..............Good for you and thank you for sharing
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Incredible - well done and how lovely to now be running with your grandkids!
  • klopiccolo1
    klopiccolo1 Posts: 114 Member
    Amazing!!! Congrats on such a great accomplishment!
  • Congrats, i'm new just signed up today. but i'm looking forward to be able to run. i'm fighting to just be able to walk as somedays it's impossible.

13651868.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!