Excess skin after 170 pound weight loss (*warning, pics)

Options

Replies

• just2liveagain
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story and pictures, you did an amazing job and look absolutely gorgeous!!!
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Thank u sooo much for posting! This is a major concern for me. I am 60lbs away from a healthy weight for my body and my worst fears have been coming true. I didn't have gastric bypass to lose my weight, I've done it all natural, but im starting to see alot of loose skin. I really want the surgery once im at goal, especially for the boobs, but im already about to file bankruptcy and don't know how id ever qualify. I was enjoying running, but now the sound my stomach sounds flapping around disgusts me and can't run anymore. I really appreciate ur posting cuz it better prepares me for what to expect...I've been waiting for the day where I could see my bellybutton, but I probably never will. I carry most of my excess weight in my tummy but other concerns are my inner thighs and boobs where my skin looks all wrinkly all the sudden and is almost like puckering up.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that. I have probably lost about 120 pounds and have not suffered excess skin on my top half (apart from my arms and but on my pooch) but my thighs are a different story. So glad that someone has the courage to post. Thank you
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Just look at the two of you...you are the "poster people" for taking care of yourself and living a much longer, healthier, happier life. It's so neat that you've done this together. Also, kudos to you for the breat implants and other surgeries....you are worth every penny and that's a great reward for all your hard work. I'm planning to de-sag the upper half when I hit goal too....don't care how big of a loan it might take!!! Many blessings to both of you!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    It takes a lot of courage to post those pictures.

Thank you for doing that.

I hope that people are encouraged by your honesty and also that they recognize that loose skin is a small price to pay for good health.

Great job getting healthy, by the way. You've done a fabulous job!

My darling friend Cory said it perfectly! Ditto to each and every thing she said!!!
  • krystico
    krystico Posts: 104
    Options
    You should be proud! You're beautiful! I applaud you putting your pics online! That takes guts!
  • Kushgetti
    Kushgetti Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    U r beautiful....be proud....those rvreminders of how far u've...very very proud of u
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSE...YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN!!!!! THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!!
  • AngieMaria3
    AngieMaria3 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you! Can I just say that you are a strong, brave woman to share your story with all of us! Congrats on your weight loss!
  • princesshebrew
    princesshebrew Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You are truly inspirational. I have no other words to even begin to express how amazing you have done.
  • gailashton
    Options
    I am abolutely amazed at your strength and your courage. I think it is wonderful that you shared those pic's with us. You are a beautiful soul inside and out! Thank you, thank you, thank you for an amazing story and for trusting in us! You look amazing!
  • boneyEm
    Options
    wtg
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    You're so pretty! Congratulations on your weight loss, and thanks for sharing your story.
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. You are absolutely beautiful ... inside and out. Thank you for being brave enough to post these pictures. It is reality when you have a lot of weight to lose. Time, exercise, building muscle, etc. will help improve things. It took my skin close to 2 years to improve. I am not young; therefore, mine will never bounce back totally. But I will take the skin issue over the fat any day of the week.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING! So beautiful too! I had to see your before pics after reading this, so I took a gander at your profile, and I found you are even more amazing! Such and inspiration! You should be so very proud! Your Husband is a VERY lucky man! Bless you for sharing!

I feel like I am on top of the world when I hold her in my arms. I am definitely lucky to have her and will cherish every waking moment of our lives together. Nothing in this world makes me happier than to see her smile and feel her touch. No matter what she make look like on the out side, I love her all the way to the core of her priceless soul. Thank you for being so wonderful my love. And thanks all of you who give her the kind words, encouraging comments...and loving inspiration to keep motivated. Bless you all and good luck in all your endeavors!

OMG You guys are both so amazing! Congrats to both of you!
  • Cathleenr
    Options
    Thanks for posting this topic and the pics, because I think excess skin is a real concern for most of us here. It's impossible to make a disparaging comment, because I deal with the same thing on my arms and inner thighs. I think most of us have or will be dealing with this problem at some point.

I'm curious about others who may have had similar issues. I'd love to hear from people who have a lost a lot of weight. Does losing slowly help with excess skin? Is there a way to avoid it? Will it ever go away or diminish?

Anyway, you look amazing! You're like a different person from the "Before" pictures!

awesome post and pics, kikkipoo!
    over the past 18 months or so i've lost close to 100 pounds...60 of it in 2011 alone. yeah my skin sags when i bend over ( for my deadlifts :D:D:D:D:D:D:) or to put on my shoes (to go running :D:D:D:D:D), and one guy, someone online i was chatting with said "i'd love to meet you irl, but tell me the truth...you're not some 500 pound she-male, are you?" (we had been talking about weightlifting).
    lol.
    last weekend i took 4th in the F class, open figure division:

Excalibur2011.jpg

not QUITE 500 pounds (i competed at 143...I'm 5'9) and the strength training and patience has REALLY helped with tightening the skin.
    I plan to WIN in 2012
    :)
  • carriedavis77
    carriedavis77 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I saw your smile before I saw your scar. You're awesome!

Agreed! And this is why I absolutely freakin ADORE this community!!! Thank you so much for sharing! I've lost 150lbs in 1 yr and 9 months and also have some issues w/excess skin... your honesty and openess is a breath of fresh air! its always been that thing that you think about but tuck away for your own thoughts... it's nice to see some light put on it :) Congratulations on your success!
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I worked with someone who had the same issues with her skin as you, and it just makes me so nervous to actually lose weight! I'm scared that I will be stuck with excess skin because I definitely can't afford any surgeries that wouldn't be covered :(
  • sjum
    sjum Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful! What a success story and inspiration you are. Thank you for sharing your story!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    you are AMAZING and such an inspiration
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!