How did you and your partner meet?

Options

Replies

• Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I went to a work friends birthday at a pub & he was there :) that was nearly 7 years ago :heart:
  • We met in college...he was dating my roommate and I was dating his fraternity brother. True story.
  • CRSE1214
    CRSE1214 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've known my husband since the 4th grade. We went to elementary school together, never really hung with the same crowd. In Junior High we had study hall together and got to know each other and we've been together ever since 1991 and married since New Year's Eve 2001 so we'll be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary in about 2 weeks.
  • ShortayBaybay
    Options
    I love posts likes these =]

I met my husband through my ex boyfriend, they were friends, and then when my ex and I broke up, my husband asked me out, he moved in with me that night, dated for 5 months, he proposed, then we found out I was pregnant so we moved the wedding up, so we got married 7 months after we started dating, we have now been married for 4 1/2 years, and have two beautiful kids and are still going strong and very happy<3
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    She sat next to me in plane geometry class.
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    High school. I was 16 he was 15 and now we've been together more than half our lives. I hate it when people say that people who marry young will get divorced. I have never regretted it. I still love him today as much as when we were teenagers.
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    My best friend in HS grew up next door to him. She told me one day that she had someone I needed to meet. I spent the weekend at her house and she had my-now-husband and one of his friends come over. It was love at first site. I got all giddy and acted like I was 12. I didn't think he'd like me b/c I was 16 and he was 19. We spent the day riding four-wheelers and he hit every bump and rock trying to get me to scoot forward on the seat. Later that day, he asked if I would like to have dinner with him sometime!

That was April of 1997. This January will be our 10 year wedding anniversary (15 years since we started dating)!
  • TiffanyaeBrown
    Options
    I was looking for a guy to hook my friend up with and my sister had a friend with 4 brothers. I figured our odds were good she'd find someone. Lol. Well, she didn't but I did!! He was 19, I was 17. He was so freaking cute and a true gentleman. We spent the first 3 months glued at the hip. I moved in shortly there after. We got married after 2 years and have now been married for almost 10. We have 5 beautiful girls and enjoy every minute of it.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    My best friend was friends with his best friend. We met at 15, got together at 16 (I had to try out some other boys first), married at 24, still going strong after 11 years of marriage. :smile:
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Our parents were friends, I've known him all my life! Can remember having a crush on him since I was 5 but never did anything about it because we were family friends and I didn't think he was interested in me that way. We had always been friends and I got him a job working with me when we were teenagers, when I moved away from home we used to meet up when I went home and have fun as friends. 26 years later I still had a crush on him but had pretty much given up that there would be anything between us when we were at a birthday party and his Dad said to me that we should have got married, I told him that I wasn't the one that needed convincing, he wasn't interested! His Dad assured me that he was so, a little intoxicated at the time, I asked him and he told me he had a huge crush on me all along!!! We spent the rest of the night talking until he had to go to work the next morning, we went out on a date the next night and left the next day, went back home handed in my notice at work and moved back home! We got engaged 4 months later and got married 7 months after that - that was 12 years ago and we have never been happier!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    It's a funny story actually....My mother- at the time, had a SERIOUS drinking problem, and *insisted* that I meet her *favorite* bartender @ her fav hangout.....knowing her "track record" for picking LOSERS, I rolled my eyes at her idea that she could pick a *WINNER* for me....
    but she tricked me into meeting him........by inviting me to dinner @ the golf club where he *just happened to be working*
    long story short...
    A few weeks later, I started working there also ( in the kitchen), we started dating, and within 2 months
    we fell in love and eloped 3 months later....
    BTW,
    we just celebrated 31 yrs of marriage a few months ago.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    The polite version is that we met through a mutual friend.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I was 18 and went to a bar with a few friends. He was working. I ordered the drinks, payed and took them to our table. Commented to my girlfriend that the bar man was hot and she bet me that I didn't have the nerve to ask him for his number. I went back to the bar, asked for two pink straws and his phone number. He gave me the straws but no number. I thought, fine, your loss. Anyway, he went round the tables cleaning the ash trays and slid a piece of paper across the table towards me. I sent him a text the next day, which he wasn't really expecting and we arranged our first date for the next night which was a Friday. I stood him up that night, the Saturday and Sunday, unintentionally I might add. We finally had a date on Monday night and Thursday I was receiving messages of a friend asking if I wanted to go for a date. He told me to tell my friend that I had a boyfriend. May 5th 2012 will be seven years after that conversation. We officially became a couple 05/05/2005, moved in together 01/06/2005, got engaged 14 month later on 10/08/2006 and married 08/11/2008, the day after my 22nd. Needless to say, I won the bet.
  • Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    We met years ago when I was a freshman and he was a sophomore in college via mutual friends in 1993...we split and went our separate ways and 15 years later found each other again on MySpace. That was in early 2008. We were married 3/20/2009.
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    My husband was friends with someone I used to work with. A few of us went to the pub after work and he came along. My friend was trying to set us up but he thought I wasn't interested because I hardly spoke to him. I'm really shy so I'm always qiuet around new people. My friend told him afterwards that I liked him and he called me to ask me out. We had a great time. We got married last May.
  • rashooy
    rashooy Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi :)

My husband and I met on facebook poker and we have been together ever since for three years now :)
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    My best friend at the time lives two houses away. He had a fourth of july party, and we met there
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My bf and I were friends in high school - a group of us used to go to the movies on Friday nights during my freshman year. We hung out before homeroom for the years we were in school together. I had a MAJOR crush on him - I even tried to kiss him once! He freaked out about it and then I figured he didn't like me like that. He graduated in 2000, me in 2001, we went our separate ways, were in and out of relationships and then a couple of years ago he found me on FB and added me. We were both in relationships at the time so I thought nothing of it. Fast forward to this summer. We're both single. I decide one day while being bored at work, to go on FB chat because I hardly ever do. Guess who was the first person to pop up on chat? :glasses: Anyway, within the first five minutes of the conversation, he goes "do you know that I had a crush on you back then?" My response "No, but I had one on you - don't you remember when I tried to kiss you!". He doesn't remember that but a mutual friend of ours does - anyway, we exchanged numbers and have been pretty much inseparable ever since - we're celebrating 6 months on 1/20 :happy:
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    Options
    My husband and I met in a bar. My married girlfriend and I were having casual drinks on Fisherman's Widow weekend (fisher opening). In walks two guys. One stopped at our chairs and began a conversation. The other kept walking. We exchanged funny pleasantries for awhile. Finally after about 20 minutes, the first guy calls his friend down to where we were sitting. As the guy with beautiful icy blues eyes approached, he smiled but seemed a little shy. The blue-eyed guy and I struck up a conversation and within minutes, I knew he was my husband for life. That evening, we all hung out until wee hours of the morning. We exchanged numbers and departed ways. The very next day ole Mr. Blue eyes called me and we met for dinner. Within 2 weeks we were living together. 19 years later, we are still together; happily married. I beleive there is someone for everyone....Thanks for asking. I LOVE telling our "How did you meet" story. It was love at first site.
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I met at a works training course. He was from the south, I'm from the north. He asked if I liked red. It's my favourite!
    I asked his name.
    That was it. He was called Troy. I'm Helen, I told him I was named after Helen of Troy. That was it for me.
    Almost 3 years. He works in the south and it's hard but he's worth it. He truly is my soul mate. As Sinead O'Connor said "There is no other Troy"
    I love how the man I'm totally in love with works so well with my name!