I give up. Gained 3 more pounds.

Options
1235»

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    If you want a cheeseburger, eat a cheeseburger. Occasional cheeseburgers haven't stopped me from losing 50 pounds. Also, weight loss is 100% diet. You say you don't have time to exercise? Perfectly ok, you don't have to exercise. Losing weight is all a matter of paying attention to what you eat, and being honest about it.
  • Sarah_LM
    Options
    I really feel your pain and a lot of people here have given you some really harsh words, I'm sure trying to offer you tough love, but tough love doesn't always work.

If you can't exercise, you don't have to to lose weight. You can take up exercise later on when you have made some changes to your diet, trying to do too much at once doesn't always work for everybody and being so busy I'm sure is really hard on you.

However, if I can offer come constructive thoughts on your diary:

1. I look at your diary and quite a lot of days you have not logged everything - instead putting it in the comments box - but you could be eating hundreds or eating thousands of calories without realising it when you write that you have had beer, chips, margaritas etc. Eating more on a few days could actually be cancelling out your calorie deficit on other days - you need to have a deficit of 3,500 so if some days you are going over by eating and not logging it, it is just cancelling out your deficit. Simple maths. You need to log everything so you know EXACTLY how many calories you are having - if you could accurately estimate you wouldn't have ever got 'fat' and so wouldn't need to lose weight!

2. You seem to have lots of comments about not being bothered to log stuff - for example, you have put many times that your estimate may be wrong. DO NOT ESTIMATE FOOD! Seriously, you could be eating SO much more than you think, once again negating your calorie deficit. SCALES ALL THE WAY! Weigh everything!!!! I know thats a hassle, so what I did was, bought some plastic tubs and each day weigh out all my food at once and put it in tubs or food bags in the fridge or freezer. It only takes five minutes and you know your portion sizes are accurate.

3. There were also some times where you had put a certain amount of calories for food and looking at it, it seemed inaccurate to me, much too low for what you said you ate.

4. It also seems from your comments that you are not very motivated. It is ok to feel that way. I have tried to diet so many times and it hasn't been the right time for me. Forcing yourself to diet when you are not ready mentally is very demoralising, but maybe you need to say to yourself, if now isn't the right time, as long as your health isn't an issue, you can always lose weight later. Focus on eating healthier and making lifestyle changes, read up on weight loss so you are armed with knowledge, and try again in a few months when you feel better. When I couldn't lose weight, I decided to give myself some time as I was having a really hard time in my life and couldn't concentrate on weight loss. So instead, for a few months, I ate at maintenance calories to prevent making the weight worse and tried again in a few months. Eating at maintenance calories, with lots of nourishing, healthy foods, I felt like I was eating lots and began to enjoy food and cooking again rather than junk food. This really changed my perspective on food. I have started dieting again and lost 8 lbs in the past 30 days with no trouble because I am in a different mental space.

Good luck, and please eat the cheeseburger. Life's too short not to have the occasional cheeseburger :)
  • Sarah_LM
    Options
    wow my above post didn't seem that long when I typed it!
  • rentrikin
    rentrikin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    And... she obviously gave up...too bad.. but she obviously was not ready to make the commitment needed to do this.. Maybe later, Maybe when she gets tired of being overweight enough, she will try again. Good luck.