Any Metal Heads on here?

Options

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    oldschool metal hair bands...Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, AC DC, Dio, Accept, Motley Crue etc etc...and it makes GREAT running music ;)
  • simansez
    Options
    Yup, I like the melodic European stuff...In Flames, Dimmu Borgir, Amon Amarth, Insomnium, anything Devin Townsend is involved with(Met him last year after AKL concert), Anthrax, Iron Maiden...list goes on almost endlessly

Awesome music for work(driving round) \w/
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    SuperGiant- Pistol Star EP.

Seven songs of crunchy stoner riffs, and the guy's voice is off the charts.
  • CrawlingChaos
    Options
    I just recently got Esoteric's new album, Paragon of Dissonance. Damn those guys are still amazing as ever. Anybody that hasn't heard it yet should do so immediately.

I also stumbled upon Nokturnal Mortum's Голос Сталі. One of the best black metal albums I've heard in a while.
  • RainbowDream83
    Options
    It;s just about all I listen to lol
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Yup, I like the melodic European stuff...In Flames, Dimmu Borgir, Amon Amarth, Insomnium, anything Devin Townsend is involved with(Met him last year after AKL concert), Anthrax, Iron Maiden...list goes on almost endlessly

Awesome music for work(driving round) \w/

I would love to get in your... playlist!
    :love:
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    my hair was so big in high school, it didn't fit in my yearbook photo....seriously.

...i can't put in a long run without metal!! loved it then, love it now....passed my metal genes on to my son who is also a metal head...~ !!
  • nypeach7
    Options
    Love Worship!!!
  • crobinson53
    Options
    bump..
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Yep!! Was in a band for quite a while as well.... I really do miss those days
  • carterjerm
    Options
    Hatebreed and Pantera pretty much get me through the tough workouts.. Throw in a little lamb of god and there you have a great workout! WOW.. found some other really great bands I have never heard off on this thread.
  • AlSalzman
    Options
    Currently playing Red Fang "Murder the Mountains."

People in my office can't figure out what the hell is wrong with me.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    O this is nice, I need some new metal to listen to. Although, Pandora usually is pretty good at showing me new stuff.

I have some friends that play metal locally, wish I could get out more to see them.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ALESTORM!
    Dude, not bad, dopethrone is super chill.
    Not sure if anyones heard of em but when im at the gym Falconer doea it fo me, think theyre norwegian, not sure, more like power folk metal.

****, anyone here listen to pirate metal, like alestorm?
  • CrawlingChaos
    Options

How is that album? I have their self titled album but not that one. I thought it was okay. It still doesn't get any better than electric wizard and bongzilla in the stoner department for me.
  • pixydoodle
    Options
    47years old and still love hard rock, metal, alternative .... etc its gotts have some sort of beat though and not be just cacophony
  • AlSalzman
    Options

How is that album? I have their self titled album but not that one. I thought it was okay. It still doesn't get any better than electric wizard and bongzilla in the stoner department for me.
    I like it very much. I'd say it's a bit more in the vein of traditional "metal" than Bongzilla... cleaner vox, more structure to the solos, a bit more speed. I also like Bongzilla very much. I guess I've never thought of Red Fang as stoner... hmm.

Maybe the video for "Wires" should have been my clue - [url=]http://youtu.be/WQPfQvLIseA[/url]
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    47years old and still love hard rock, metal, alternative .... etc its gotts have some sort of beat though and not be just cacophony

Speaking of "cacaphony", has anyone heard of that group?
  • s00sh
    s00sh Posts: 91
    Options
    i <3 metal (among other random genres of music)

some favorites:

amon amarth
    kalmah
    belakor
    daath
    carcass
    opeth
    at the gates
    insomnium
    bloodbath
    death
    arsis