I am so confused...

Options
Why is it that I eat so clean and do not lose oodles of weight and some that eat garbage do lose? Boggles my mind.

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Because clean eating doesn't give you any advantage pertaining to weight loss provided equal calorie consumption in comparison.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    See a doctor.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I would add that everyone has a different metabolism. I'm pretty sure that it, has something to do with it as well.....

12117749.png
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    See a doctor.

Sometimes people just want to vent. Sincerely, a doctor
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising too? Your food diary looks pretty fabulous.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Because muscle weighs more than fat.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    "clean" is meaningless(no offense) weight loss is all about caloric intake versus calories burned.
  • Bellyroll
    Options
    Because clean eating doesn't give you any advantage pertaining to weight loss provided equal calorie consumption in comparison.
    What he said
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options

Hehehe.
    Maybe you're eating after 9pm? :laugh:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Wrong. Muscle is heavier than fat. *wink*
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    See a doctor.
    Sometimes people just want to vent. Sincerely, a doctor
    Perfect! See, I was right!
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Wrong. Muscle is heavier than fat.

Wrong, muscle is denser than fat.

A pound is a pound is a pound.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options

I just looked over your diary. You have your daily calorie goal set at 1700. Why aren't you eating all of your calories? If you're going by MFP's recommended calorie intake for your activity level, eating 1400 calories might be causing you to stop losing weight because you're not eating enough. If you're just not hungry, you can supplement your calorie intake by drinking meal replacement or protein shakes. They're easy enough to drink really quickly when you don't have an appetite. Make sure you're exercising, too... But also be aware that heavy exercise is a very effective appetite suppressant. Try eating all of your calories and see if it makes a difference. Good luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options

Actually a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat. Muscle is denser than fat.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Actually a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat. Muscle is denser than fat.
    *sigh*
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options

STOP THIS NOW. If you want to have this debate, please go find the thread where it's been debated AD NAUSEUM already. Thank you, kindly.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

** pats Qs back**.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

** pats Qs back**.

*pours Q some wine*
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    If you workout often, you may need to bump up your calories. Certain people can drop weight quickly, and the more you have to lose the easier that weight comes off but the last 20 are the hardest to lose. Keep that in mind and try not to be too hard on yourself. Also I agree, seeing a doctor or nutritionist may help. Good luck!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Does anyone actually think a pound of anything weighs more than a pound of anything else? Seriously. Announce yourself here.