Replies

• shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    6 nights down :bigsmile:
  • leslier
    leslier Posts: 15
    Options
    One night down! I do have to admit that it was hard considering I couldn't fall asleep till 1am and my cutoff is 7:30pm. Hopefully it will be easier and I will fall asleep at a normal time for me (usually 10:30ish) tonight! :smile:
    Signing up for this post has really helped though!

204360.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • cjm0014
    cjm0014 Posts: 118
    Options
    okay i am so in. this is my finals week and i have been up around 3 and 4 and 5 all week. this is causing some absolutely terrible night time binges as i am also an emotional/ chronic binge eater. i am going to try to stick to this. anyone else college age trying to do this?? my cut off will be 9 pm. 10 on the weekends/going out nights. i can and will do this!
  • kerimcdonald
    kerimcdonald Posts: 195
    Options
    lauraalberts- if you go to tools, you can find the ticker to track your weight loss, also, welcome!! 9 lbs in one month, that is amazing!! You definitely picked the right thread to be involved with because these folks are amazing and there is always new people who struggle with the same issues, and people like grammymax, zaza, and phatphanny, and plantlady etc; who are very motivational and help keep the rest of us going. :laugh:

Keep up the great work everyone and I will try to get on tomorrow. So busy!! 1 more week unitl the relay for life!! Day 6 is down for me. Have to work late tonight though, so this will be my test!! Keep your fingers crossed for me folks!!:ohwell:

cjm 0014- I am in college as well, and I am an emotional eater....well the correct phrase would be binger. When I've had a bad day, I don't want to go home and go for a walk, I want to crawl into bed with my boyfriends Ben and Jerry (ice cream, in case people are looking at this funny):huh: AND a bowl of mac and cheese and some cookies, etc;. Especially right now when I have finals and volunteer work and my full time+ job and my family, and yeah!!!:frown: i get ya!! Hang in there!!
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I gotta step off again :cry: . I need to catch up on sleep first... Not that there's no time to, I was just too nervous to relax and sleep well :ohwell: .
  • shannahrose
    Options
    7 down :bigsmile:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Well, I made it 5 nights. And then I realized I forgot to eat dinner tonight after 10. I had way too many calories left on the table to skip it. I knew I'd wake up STARVING if I didn't eat something tonight! I just haven't been feeling too good and have been busy studying but this too shall pass!
  • ildi007
    ildi007 Posts: 107
    Options
    Grrr. :grumble: Gotta start over. I ran from an appointment to a baseball game without dinner and when I got home, my time was up (8 pm) but I was starving, and under my daily calories...so I decided I will eat something, because it's no point to end up with holes in my stomack. But ended up eating much more than what I needed! Two cookies were more than 400 cal...really a no-no and it seems when I "fail" the day, I fail the limit, too.
    I will do better tomorow.
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    ildi007, I know what you're saying! This is exactly why I say "no calories after cut-off time". I've been there so many times. Good luck with sticking to the plan - you can do this! :flowerforyou:

ngwife, if you did not go over the calories for the day, I'd say you still count the day. This only if you behave tonight :wink: . O/w, yesterday doesn't count anymore. But if it's just an exception, and the sort that does not breake the "I double my calories by what I snack on at night" - rule, then you are fine, imho.

Keep it up, ladies, you're doing great!

P.S. If you look at my posting time and connect it with my previous post, then keep also in mind that I'm on a different continent :wink: . I do not write posts at 4 in the morning :laugh: .
  • leslier
    Options
    2 nights down. The real challenge will be the weekend, but I know I can do it. I even resisted dunking doughnuts that the husband brought home after work and I was starving!! Yeah me!:happy:

204360.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm on night 4. I drink a pile of water with lemon and that seems to help. Going to bed a bit earlier also.. Hehe.
  • ildi007
    Options
    2 nights down since I re-started. Feeling better again...
    Thanks for the support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ildi007
    Options
    It helps me if I brush my teeth!:happy:
  • leslier
    Options
    5 nights down!! It will be hard on the weekends because I will be working late every Saturday for the next month and a half, but I can do it!:smile:
    204360.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • shannahrose
    Options
    i'm down 10 nights over here - this week will be a big test with the move! :huh:
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Well, I'm starting over at day 1. Mother's Day Brunch yesterday and we brought home the leftovers.:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :blushing:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Good morning-
    I'm feeling guilty I've been absent for so long and not keeping up with the challenge. I think I get too distracted by what's going on (a little bit of working, helping with my son's surprise party, etc etc) and then I stop getting on mfp, counting calories and living up to challenges. But at least I keep coming back eventually.:wink:
    So, I'm here and ready to start yet again. Hopefully, tonight will be my Day 1. With daylight savings time and my college son at home, I'm going to back to my original cut-off time of 9:30 pm (11:30 on night's I go out or special occasions.)
    Hope you are all doing better than me!
    Zaza
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Day 9 down... Day 10 here I come!
  • ildi007
    Options
    I'm so busy I lost count, but since I restarted, I haven't faltered. :bigsmile: Yeay!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    wlhanisch, congrats on stciking with it! You too ildi007.

I am an utter failure. I have just been on this destructive path - feeling compelled to satsify cravings. But, I am not giving up. I keep reminding myself about all of you here and on the ladies over 50 thread, and I just keep telling myself to start over with each new day. Sooner or later it has to work, right?

The people on these two threads are very inspiring and I will keep at this. Thanks!
    Zaza