Best Protein Shakes

Options
What are some of the best protein shakes to use, especially for calorie restricted diets? Which protein shakes do you use and how often? :drinker:

Replies

• oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition - Vanilla - cheap and good with bananas and strawberries.
    I also use ON Aftermax - Vanilla - after workouts.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Xtreme Formulations have the best tasting and highest quality products, IMO
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I don't use these very often, but I have used the Pure Protein Whey Protein. I mixed it with water or soy milk for a lower calorie protein drink. I have used different brands but have always used the whey protein.
    I just drank it once a day, after my morning workout.
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I use Shakeology. Only 150 calories and as far as the nutrition, it is the best one.
  • runwithmike
    Options
    Good question. I was wondering the same thing. I can't wait to see all the responses. Thanks for the post.
  • UponThisRock
    Options
    I use Shakeology. Only 150 calories and as far as the nutrition, it is the best one.

LOL
  • Mocha02
    Options
    Thanks for the tip guys... Im pretty sure there are a lot more options out there. I'll wait on some more responses.
  • JennyLJones
    JennyLJones Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I also use Shakeology! It is much more than a Protein drink though.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I've used Inner Armour and Intek. Love them both. I use it frequently for making my own protein bars, cakes, etc. I also use Visalus because I get enough protein in my regular foods and it's low in calorie (90 calories), low sugar, low sodium, low carb and the protein make up makes for better absorption without the bloating some protein powders create.
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I use EAS Soy Protien Shake because it is good with fat free skim milk or just with water.... in Chocolate! :)
  • lab280
    Options
    I'm interested to know of the best (tasting) soy free protein shake - I have a soy allergy (ugh)...
  • shangunnell
    Options
    I use GNC Soy & Whey chocolate & Jullian Michaels Whey chocolate...mixed with 1 tsb. nutella, 8 oz. water & crushed ice
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I use the Jay Robb protein. It is sweetened with stevia, so it can be pretty sweet. I normally just blend it with 1/4 frozen pineapple and 1/4 c. plain greek yogurt and water. It ends up around 230 cal. and 30 g. of protein and maybe 7g carbs. Tastes pretty good and keeps you full for a while.

The EAS whey protein tastes pretty good too. I can just mix that with water and drink.
  • Mocha02
    Options
    Hmm...may have to try that Inner Armour stuff...Im all for learning recipes on protein snacks!
  • Mocha02
    Options
    I use GNC Soy & Whey chocolate & Jullian Michaels Whey chocolate...mixed with 1 tsb. nutella, 8 oz. water & crushed ice

Thanks! I'll look out for Jillian Michaels products too!
  • Mocha02
    Options
    I've used Inner Armour and Intek. Love them both. I use it frequently for making my own protein bars, cakes, etc. I also use Visalus because I get enough protein in my regular foods and it's low in calorie (90 calories), low sugar, low sodium, low carb and the protein make up makes for better absorption without the bloating some protein powders create.

How often do you use these shakes? Once a day? Twice?
  • Nomomush
    Options
    I'm interested to know of the best (tasting) soy free protein shake - I have a soy allergy (ugh)...

Visalus is soy free and taste YUMMy...like cake batter so you can add in any flavors. so yummy.
  • UponThisRock
    Options
    I also use Shakeology! It is much more than a Protein drink though.

True, it's also sugar.
  • Mocha02
    Options
    I use the Jay Robb protein. It is sweetened with stevia, so it can be pretty sweet. I normally just blend it with 1/4 frozen pineapple and 1/4 c. plain greek yogurt and water. It ends up around 230 cal. and 30 g. of protein and maybe 7g carbs. Tastes pretty good and keeps you full for a while.

The EAS whey protein tastes pretty good too. I can just mix that with water and drink.

WOW...that sounds yummy...
  • Nomomush
    Options

How often do you use these shakes? Once a day? Twice?

At least once daily, and as often as 2x a day for my drink but I also make snacks/protein bars as snacks with the protein powder in it.