Tummy after 3 kids.

Options
13»

Replies

• seehawkmomma
    Options
    I'll go see a doctor. A different one.

I had seen a doctor about it before but it was pretty recent after my daughter was born. She is four now.

The doctor I had seen dismissed it pretty easily and basically said thats what happens when you have that surgery and it would go away.

Thanks you guys.

*btw I am able to wear jeans and it doesnt ALWAYS hurt. Just when provoked. So my work outs usually just include walking or my arms. I've stayed away from the belly.
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I also have 3 kids, my youngest just turned 2 and I just started working out again. I hope I can get rid of all of my pooch!!! It's got to go!!!!

I do planks, but maybe need to do more.

I'd love to hear what you ladies do for heavy weights...I obviously need to start that!!!! I'm all for losing this!!!
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I also had c-sections with all 3 and I don't have pain at my incision....so I think you ought to get it checked out....
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    <---- tummy after 6 kids. Youngest is one. What worked for me was heavy strenght training and planks.

I have had 6 as well, planks and strength training as well as a calorie reduction.

When I grow up I want to be like you :)

You guys are inspirational
  • strohst
    strohst Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL ! THANKS ! I'M GOING TO START WORKING THEM IN TOO! THAT'S MY ONE AREA THAT I HATE THE MOST !!
  • Legalchica
    Options
    Good Luck girls!! I wish I could too :( your only help is overall weight loss.... unless your like me.. My twins were HUGE 6lbs 8oz and 7lbs 2oz. i'm 5'3".... only hope is a mini tuck.
  • Diggy2011
    Diggy2011 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one just wish my hubby wouldn't knead bread when we are cuddling and my autistic daughter once said to me did I do that to your tummy trying to claw myself out lol
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Silly question: How do you do planks?

They are done like this:
    http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abexercises_10.htm

Also works to do them with elbows on a stability ball, you have to use your abs balance more. Alternating leg lifts while planking is also on my list. Planking is far more time efficient (and less annoying) than crunches are.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Great topic! I've had three kids in the last 5 1/2 years (my youngest will be 2 next month) and my stomach area has gone all to hell. I started tracking calories and doing cardio for 30 to 120 minutes a day (depending on the day) and I have noticed my tummy starting to finally shrink some. I think it's just going to take a lot more all over fat reduction and then toning. I did Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 before and love it (but wasn't watching what I ate back then so not as good of result as it could have been). I'm starting that up in January.

And it seems I'll be adding planks! :)
  • stephanielindley422
    Options

A plank is basiclly holding a push up postion. You can do it on your knees or toes, wrists or elbows. Look up how to videos on youtube
  • stephanielindley422
    Options

A plank is basiclly holding a push up postion. You can do it on your knees or toes, wrists or elbows. Look up how to videos on youtube
  • jessiesheik
    Options
    Windsor Pilates 20 min workout dvd Sucked My belly back in, yoga DVD too (which does the plank position) :) good luck
  • lovinbutterflys
    lovinbutterflys Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have two kids with my youngest who turned one on the 20 of this month and planks should be your best friend. I did them a lot before and after I had my daughter who is about to turn 3 in march.. I had a c-section with both my kids and I feel like it help me bounce back super fast. I was working out a month after I had my son by c-section. Planks are so great for strenghing and toning your core. try to hold for as long as you can. Sometimes my kids up and crimb all over me and it will make you stronger planking with a 30ish pound kid on you. Also you can add me as a friend so we can help each more! Rachel

Just curious. I had a c-section too, when any work outs that involve my stomach I get a pain where my scar was. Do you? Does anyone? >.< I wish i could blame my flabby tummy on that but even gentle work outs can make it painful for days.

Hey. No I don't but a friend of mine had a c-section and she says some abdominal workouts she does she gets a little pain when she does them. I told her to check and make she her form is right. But in all honesty I don't know really it is best to ask your doctor at your next visit to make sure everything is a ok!!! BE SAFE girly!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    My stomach looks pretty good after 3 kids (there is a picture in my profile) but I've been pretty lucky. Unfortunately it has a lot to do with genetics. Also, time helps. But overall body fat loss and muscle preservation is the way to go. You can't spot reduce. None of the expensive creams or lotions work.
  • kellyrsmith82
    Options
    I have two kids with my youngest who turned one on the 20 of this month and planks should be your best friend. I did them a lot before and after I had my daughter who is about to turn 3 in march.. I had a c-section with both my kids and I feel like it help me bounce back super fast. I was working out a month after I had my son by c-section. Planks are so great for strenghing and toning your core. try to hold for as long as you can. Sometimes my kids up and crimb all over me and it will make you stronger planking with a 30ish pound kid on you. Also you can add me as a friend so we can help each more! Rachel

Just curious. I had a c-section too, when any work outs that involve my stomach I get a pain where my scar was. Do you? Does anyone? >.< I wish i could blame my flabby tummy on that but even gentle work outs can make it painful for days.

I do as well..I'd like to know if that is normal...

I have pain in my scar as well but only if its touched otherwise Im ok no pain while working out or doing anything other than touching it.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    well, I am envious of all you successful folks. I had 4 pregnancies in 5 years, BIG babies. I was big before i got pregnant, I am actually 20 pounds less than my prepregnancy weight now. I have the hanging tummy, of course still some weight to lose. I do planks, which helps with the muscle. my doctor commented on the toning and strength of my abs during my last internal/physical! but the amount of stretch involved, the damage to the skin....this chick will never be a bikini babe :-( oh well, i can't miss what i have never had, right?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!