New Years Resolutions! What are yours?

Options

Replies

• fifibudiati
    Options
    To remained motivated in losing and maintaining weight
    To do yoga daily
    To able to run 2km without any intervals by the end of the year!
  • Mom2Asa
    Mom2Asa Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Finish off the rest of the 85lbs I began loosing in Oct 2011 and keep it off!!

KEEP running 18 miles a week and push to increase to 20
    Begin Zumba to start toning and building muscle
    Sell our current home and buy a bigger home
    Run at least 1 5K and 1 10K
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    To maintain my 4.0 GPA, & to reach my goal weight by my 10th wedding anniversary in May 2012. Happy New Year!!! :smile:
  • Mine are sorta shallow buttt it is what it is

1. Look amazing in a bikini by summer
    2. Have at least a 4 pack by July
    3. Be able to get the tattoo(s) I want by summer
    4. To be 15% body fat
    5. To stop speeding, swearing, and slacking off in school
    6. To be nicer to everyone in general
    7. To stop judging people
    8. To be more patient and kind with my fiancé, because I really don't understand the pressures of the Marine Corps.
    9. To complete the new rules of lifting for women start to finish and see results(:
  • Segrande
    Options
    2012:
    - Be healthier and happier both mentally and physically.
    - Work hard and be satisfied with my body by this time next year.
    - Stop slacking off in school, heh heh.
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I kinda have my resolutions set into different sections.

My weightloss/fitness ones are

-Be at or near by the end of the 2012 year
    -start and finish C25K
    -Buy cross trainer shoes, HRM, and INSANITY
    -Complete INSANITY
    -Go grocery shopping for HEALTHY foods with my money
    -Log in the best of my ability and eventually learn how to gauge my cals w/o the aid of MFP
    -Complete a round of all my jillian dvds
    -and run atleast 1 5k
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    To have this year be the last year I make a resolution about weight loss =)
    I like this!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    To quit using "foul" language. It's like I have tourrettes or something. And it's gotten worse the older I get.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    My resolutions are to join a health club and go there 3 times a week and to lose my last 90 lbs. (I've lost 65 lbs. so far).:smile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    To finally get my will and living trust completely done. You never know!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Be mindful of what I eat and lots of exercise.
  • liseyicious
    Options
    get health focused, spend more time with my family and get more involved in my career path.
  • MsBoothy25
    Options
    1. Walk at least 3 mornings weekly.
    2. Monitor what i eat carefully.
    3.Quit smoking.
    4.Tone up & flatten my belly
  • toky10kiloless
    Options
    Mine fitnesswise are to be done with weight loss issues, shed the kilos forever, stop thinking about them and don't put them back on again :). In short, have a happy and healthy body! At least joining MFP made me get good habits such as eating less, drinking more, workout more so I am happy.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Mine are.....

To take better care of myself to make sure I am here for a long time to enjoy my children and incase they need me!

To keep in better contact with the people I love including being better at remembering Birthdays etc

To watch what I say and how I say things to people and to make sure that if I leave an impression on people that it is a good one.

To read with my children at least once a day.

To take time to remind my husband how special he is to me.

To find one way, big or small to make a change to a strangers life or strangers lives for the better.
  • Platnex
    Platnex Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I plan on walking/Jogging a Marathon distance every week for the next 52 weeks, this will only be counted as distance when I go out specifically to do the exercise, not just walking around town, I will also be including to keep going to the gym 3 times a week.
  • rose_mortem
    rose_mortem Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I don't put too much thought into it, I just do what I think will be best. And I call them GOALS, not resolutions. Goals sound more attainable :)

Stop making excuses. Others make their resolutions to lose weight or work out or whatever, I just want to stop making excuses for myself.

Avoid emotional eating. It will only make me at, and then I'll only be more emotionally broken, and go back to more food, and the cycle continues...

Think more about others. I hate how selfish I can be, and I really want to be able to do more for others :smile:

I know this contradicts my first goal, but I'd like to be able to run without feeling like I'm dying :smile:
  • Simoree
    Options
    I'm bad at keeping my resolutions. I think the longest I kept it up was 6 weeks. So I'm going to start with January, and reassess myself at the end of the month.

For January, I'm will keep training for the Warrior Dash in April. This will include 3 days of strength training and 3 days of running. On Sundays I'll do a fun run with my daughter, and we'll use my Zombies, Run! app as a cross trainer.

For January, I'll start swing dancing lessons as a different form of exercise, and will go at least twice a month. This can be either a Wednesday near the office or Saturday near the house.

For January, I will swap out soda for water and allow myself a can in the morning for medications and a can at lunch. Dinner will be with milk or water.

For January, I will work on my knitting as much as possible, but always remember to rest. Sore wrists are non-knitting wrists. ;)
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    This time it is not dieting or anything (because its a life change not a year change) but not to procrastinate as much as I do now. Even though I eat better and smaller portions, I need to get motivation to exercise more than what I do.
  • raindropwishes
    Options
    I'd like to complete at least 2 work out programs (DVDs) including 30DS.