What's your Job?

Options

Replies

• SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I have a B.S. and B.A. in sociology and psychology. I started out my career as a paralegal, then became a policy consultant on energy issues, later moved into law firm management. I took a break for a few years and started a business and a personal chef but due to my location and the economy I have had to go back to the legal profession. Now, I am a court administrator for the local civil court system. I love my job. I have also found a way to have a client or two on the side as a personal chef. It really is the best of both worlds.
  • canegrovern
    canegrovern Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am a Cardiovascular operating Room Register Nurse in other word iIam a CVOR, Rn and I love my job I work 3 x12 per wk I have 4 days off to do as I please .I have a BSN and is in school for a MS in nursing Edu I will be finish at the end of 2012, love my job and when I get a little older would like to teach nursing school.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    My bachelors and masters degrees are in music performance. After graduation, I worked for seven years as a full time office worker (started as a file clerk, worked my way up to front office manager), musician on the side, and I taught private lessons. When I started getting more work as a musician (playing in three symphonies and doing lots of freelancing), I quit office work, went back and took classes to get my teacher's license, and worked as a musician and part time music teacher on the side.

Now that funding is being cut and the economy has taken its toll on symphony orchestras, the work is starting to dry up. For the last three years, I've been a full time music teacher and a part-time musician on the side. I miss playing music as much as I used to, but I have a fabulous teaching job at a top notch private school with an easy schedule, great students, and supportive administrators. I'm very fortunate to have two jobs doing what I love!
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Love the the variety skill-sets that all of you MFP'ers have! I feel like this website is my 1-stop shop for all sorts of information...

I totally agree! I love learning what everyone does. This site has brought together people from all walks of life, all age groups, all social and economic backgrounds, and it really is wonderful because we are all here for our health. A common thread among such a variety of people. I have learned so much from this site and the people on it. This community is great! :D
  • eddyca
    eddyca Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm a Junior Graphic Designer for the Exhibits Department at a museum. It's a dream job! I absolutely love it, although it's very stressful at times.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Full time CNA working night shift. Wouldn't wanna do anything else!
  • oh_resilience
    oh_resilience Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I will be a full-time college student starting next month(January). I'm undecided as well.

I'm currently working part-time at a private assisted living home. I love it so much!
  • springermad
    Options
    I am a student nurse well technically I am on a break due to a health issue but I go back in march then I will qualify in August 2012 x
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I was a police officer in Washington DC for 29 years the last 20 of them in K9 as a dog handler. Retired now and wish I could do it all over again and change nothing! Not really doing anything right now that's why I can work out 3 hours a day! Life is good, full of travel and events....may go back to work but not sure doing what.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    My job is kicking *kitten* and taking names...
    Alright well I lied about my job. Right now I'm in the military and work as an MA (or MP/security forces, whatever you want to call it). I'm working on my B.S. in Investigations (only 15 credits out), I'm also only about 30 credits away from a B.F.A

Still not sure what to do with my life-probably law enforcement of some type when I get out.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I make teddys for a living!

Is that teddy bears or lingerie?

Bears!
    =D
  • caligirl04
    caligirl04 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am currently a Paralegal but I am going back to school to become a PTA/PA. I am 43 and I just knew this is not what I want to do for the rest of my life...pushing paper, contracts, etc. I love working with people and helping people. I'm looking forward to the change! :happy:
  • susanloveszumba
    Options
    I am a receptionist at an animal hospital. I have been working with animals since I was fourteen....well except for three years when I worked at the Hyundai plant making cars. I went to a 2 yr college to become a licensed vet tech. I love what I do, but I don't make a lot of money. I have to constantly work side jobs to survive! I wish I had gone to school to be an Xray technician and maybe further with ultrasounds or mammograms. You can always make more money in human medicine than with animals.
  • achief192
    Options
    Degree in mechanical engineering and an MBA. I'm an Engineer in electronics manufacturing.
  • sgtlittle
    sgtlittle Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Degrees in physics and engineering.
    Occupation is health physicist.
  • ktamez33
    Options
    I taught elementary school for 3 years and am now a school
    counselor and LOVE it! Will be graduating with my masters in may! Good luck to you in whatever path you take!
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    CFO Chief Financial Officer. Or as a coworker says, Chief Figure-Outer lol
  • hefinator
    Options
    I'm a CAD Drafter that specializes in Facility Management and Space Planning. I'm currently working for Microsoft and the new Gates Foundation campus in Seattle. The best days are the ones where I get to spend actually at the new Gates campus. I get to wander around the buildings all day and enjoy the architecture! I absolutely LOVE what I do, even though i'll be paying for my schooling for the next 20 years!! haha
  • hefinator
    Options
    I love reading what everyone else does! So much variety!
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I have two degrees. One in Administrative Medical Office and one In Office Systems Technology. I currently work at the local hospital as a Records technician, I'm getting ready to search for another job since I now have 3 years experience in. =)