Biggest Loser Finale Tonight!

Options

Replies

• Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    i was shocked that Helen won...i mean thats great for her but i was shocked. I felt Tara or mike should have won ( and man did he looked good lol )

now I just can't wait till the next season...

oh but also I felt that Dan's partner....i think is name is david didn't do anything at all...he lost only a little but of wait... that was ridiculous..he obviously doesn't care as much. go Daniel though!!!! always my fav.!!!!
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    Wow talk about an upset! lol.
    Did anyone else think Jerry looked sick now?
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    OK, I just might have a little crush on Mike!! :blushing: :blushing:

He is HOT!!
    i said he was the kinda guy thats just such a freaking sweetheart that you have to just love him. like a big teddybear. I was shocked that tara didnt win she looked like someone killed her puppy i wished she woulda one but i woulda taken any of the three. im glad helen won
  • cettefille
    cettefille Posts: 27
    Options
    I can not believe Helen won! I wanted Tara to win sooo bad!

Me too, I really wanted Tara to win, but not only that, Helen is too skinny now, she looks anorexic, what kind of message does that send? Not to mention while she was working so hard to get anorexic at home so she could win the show what did she do for her daughter? Nothing, Shanon lost weight but if her mother would have helped her too she could've lost a lot more, not to mention she got arrested when the show first premiered for assauting a roommate or tenant or something. It all reminded me of when Helen said to send Shanon home. Yeah Shanon no way would have made it to the finals but I think Helen is not one of those mothers who puts their kids first.... They all claimed they came on the show to lose the weight not to win the money, but clearly Helen was all about the money when she went home. Tara looked so wonderful last night. She is still the winner in my heart.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I can't stand Helen! :grumble:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

I agree! She seems fake! Plus she did look anorexic!!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

I agree! She seems fake! Plus she did look anorexic!!!
    The episode where she sacrificed her daughter so she could stay is when I didn't like her anymore. Who would do that??? I would always want MORE for my child than for myself.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I wanted Tara to win so bad.....she and Mike looked absolutely amazing! My daughter even thought Mike was a cutie....

I think it's ironic that Tara Mike and Kristin were the ones everyone thought had it in the bag - who would have thought helen would sneak in there....she looks aweful....she should gain back about 10 pounds. Shannon still has a ways to go....

At least Tara got the 10k from the challenge she won...
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Yea!! She doesn't look all that good. I couldn't believe some of the others didn't lose no more weight than they did. It's like they didn't care after they left the ranch. I still think Tara and Mike looked the best!
  • godsgrl
    godsgrl Posts: 49
    Options

You guys who know me know that when it get's right down to it, and you are no longer overweight, I HARP on body fat % instead of % of weight loss.

NOW do people understand where I'm coming from?

Yeah, I get where you are coming from. I thought Sione and Filipe looked amazing last night, yet there was no way they could beat Jerry because for them to lose that much weight might even be deadly. I think it was impossible for most men to beat Jerry, due to muscle mass, especially in the younger guys who really beefed up.

But congrats to every one of those who stood on that stage last night. Even Alison looked amazing after having her baby this year.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Yea!! She doesn't look all that good. I couldn't believe some of the others didn't lose no more weight than they did. It's like they didn't care after they left the ranch. I still think Tara and Mike looked the best!

Me too - Sionne and Filipe looked great - loved their dance - that was cool to see once more....I always liked them too....

Shame that David didn't do better - he missed out on the opportunity of his lifetime, Hope daniel continues...he's come a long way.
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    OK, I just might have a little crush on Mike!! :blushing: :blushing:

He is HOT!!

That's exactly what I said to my DH as we were seeing them for the first time.....Mike's HOT!!!!! :laugh: He is tan, and fit and just looked really great.

I knew from the moment Helen walked out that she would win (even though I didn't want her to) She is just so skinny that I knew she would beat Mike and Tara.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    You guys who know me know that when it get's right down to it, and you are no longer overweight, I HARP on body fat % instead of % of weight loss.

Who here thinks, even though Helen won, that Mike and Tara don't look better?

I have said for the last 4 years that total % of weight lost is a flawed way to determine a winner. Helen looked unhealthy and weak. I'm sorry, but I feel like, as a man, from the neck down (not looking at all at age or facial looks) Tara is far more attractive right now then Helen, and FAR more healthy looking. Don't get me wrong, Great job for Helen for losing the weight, I'm proud of her. But I just think that she totally put her health on the back burner and just went all out to win, if that's what she did, fine. But I just hope she goes the other way and tries to put some muscle on her frame after this is all over.

EXACTLY! What does this mean for the show going forward? Are we now always going to see people getting anorexic to win it and not looking healthy? That would suck! They really need to initiate some other measuring factor or use some fitness judges to determine who looks healthiest? I don't know, but clearly Helen didn't look as good as the other two.
  • AmyBrenn
    AmyBrenn Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Allison looked fabulous last night!

I thought Jerry looked a little sickly too. And I thought Estelle looked older too.

Nicole looked awesome!

I'm glad Carla and Joelle made amends and still lost some weight.

Aubrey didn't lose any more weight since leaving the ranch. Didn't like her much.

Daniel...awesome attitude and spirit. I hope he keeps going.

Sione and Filipe are still endearing.

Cathy and Kristen looked good, but I did not think their dress choices were as flattering as they could be.

Whoever commented on Mike's sausage appearance cracked me up. I thought he looked funny in the outfit he was wearing. They could have found him something much more flattering.

I was really disappointed that Helen won. It seemed like she just starved herself and forgot about the exercise part. She looked older and seemed really fake last night. So mad she won!

Anybody else get really annoyed with how they ended the show? Three hours, THREE hours, mainly commercials and once they announce the winner...BAM! It's over! So annoying. They should have made more time after the announcement to talk to the final three. Didn't get to find out Tara's percentage. Didn't get to hear from the final three, nothing.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I may be wrong but I thought in earlier seasons they did do some combination of weight lost and body fat lost. I remember seeing a finale where they put them in a tank of water at the start of the season and at then end. Is that measuring BMI? and they somehow combined their weight lost and change in BMI to determine the winner.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Allison looked fabulous last night!

I thought Jerry looked a little sickly too. And I thought Estelle looked older too.

Nicole looked awesome!

I'm glad Carla and Joelle made amends and still lost some weight.

Aubrey didn't lose any more weight since leaving the ranch. Didn't like her much.

Daniel...awesome attitude and spirit. I hope he keeps going.

Sione and Filipe are still endearing.

Cathy and Kristen looked good, but I did not think their dress choices were as flattering as they could be.

Whoever commented on Mike's sausage appearance cracked me up. I thought he looked funny in the outfit he was wearing. They could have found him something much more flattering.

I was really disappointed that Helen won. It seemed like she just starved herself and forgot about the exercise part. She looked older and seemed really fake last night. So mad she won!

Anybody else get really annoyed with how they ended the show? Three hours, THREE hours, mainly commercials and once they announce the winner...BAM! It's over! So annoying. They should have made more time after the announcement to talk to the final three. Didn't get to find out Tara's percentage. Didn't get to hear from the final three, nothing.

Totally agree about the length of the program. :indifferent: Made me wish I had a Tivo so I could skip through all that nonsense. :grumble:

David - blew it, he should be ashamed.

Kristin's blonde hair - yuk

Lara's red hair looked beautiful on her.

I was disappointed Carla didn't lose any more than what she did. She had such a kick @$$ attitude to begin with.

I hope Max (Mike's brother, not our goofball Max :laugh: ) is on next season.

And that's all I can think of right now. :laugh:
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

Yeah, I watched after having DVR-ed it. It took me less than 45 minutes. I even got to cut out a lot of the meaningless blather and manufactured drama - just got to the good parts. :wink:
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I can't believe Helen won, honestly she looked sick to me. Jerry did look older last night, and I suspect he may have starved himself a bit. Mike came so close to beating Helen just five more pounds would've did it. She looks way too thin to me.

Can't wait for next season
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I never would have bet on Helen winning. She had so little to lose at the end of the show that I fully expected her to come in third and I thought it was a contest between Mike and Tara. They were all so close it was amazing. They were correct in saying that they all were winners.

I just turned 50 last week and It was inspiring to me that the older people dominated this season. The oldest man and woman took the grand prizes. Don't ever say it's too late!
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    I gotta say, I'm very proud of both Mike and Tara. I think they both look Fantastic!

BUT,

Who here thinks, even though Helen won, that Mike and Tara don't look better?

I have said for the last 4 years that total % of weight lost is a flawed way to determine a winner. Helen looked unhealthy and weak. I'm sorry, but I feel like, as a man, from the neck down (not looking at all at age or facial looks) Tara is far more attractive right now then Helen, and FAR more healthy looking. Don't get me wrong, Great job for Helen for losing the weight, I'm proud of her. But I just think that she totally put her health on the back burner and just went all out to win, if that's what she did, fine. But I just hope she goes the other way and tries to put some muscle on her frame after this is all over.

I agree 100%.

For Jerry and Helen being the winners last night, they both looked much older and very sickly.
    I was really rooting for Tara. As far as Mike.....that's called karma. :bigsmile: