30 Day Shred Challenge 5/18/2009

Options

Replies

• heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    Details...hmmm, well this is my first time posting a challenge and I kind of stole the idea from another thread so have mercy on my newness, lol.

I was thinking we could weigh in/post measurements weekly on Sundays?

I don't think it matters if you are already shredding? Just commit to do it for 30 days starting on the 18th? I think it will be interesting to see how we all do, I have only done it a few times and it was murder.

Suggestions, ideas, corrections?

Also, for those who don't have the dvd, it's available on wal mart's website for under $9 and you can get it shipped site to store for free. I did do the youtube version a few times before ordering it. I don't know why but for me, the dvd on my big tv works better.

aw, you are cute you little newbie!

i think all of this sounds good. someone would have to be responsible for sending out (weekly?) reminders to check in and also keep up with everyones stats. then post weekly results. you up to that sweet? :flowerforyou:
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    Details...hmmm, well this is my first time posting a challenge and I kind of stole the idea from another thread so have mercy on my newness, lol.

I was thinking we could weigh in/post measurements weekly on Sundays?

I don't think it matters if you are already shredding? Just commit to do it for 30 days starting on the 18th? I think it will be interesting to see how we all do, I have only done it a few times and it was murder.

Suggestions, ideas, corrections?

Also, for those who don't have the dvd, it's available on wal mart's website for under $9 and you can get it shipped site to store for free. I did do the youtube version a few times before ordering it. I don't know why but for me, the dvd on my big tv works better.

aw, you are cute you little newbie!

i think all of this sounds good. someone would have to be responsible for sending out (weekly?) reminders to check in and also keep up with everyones stats. then post weekly results. you up to that sweet? :flowerforyou:

Okie Dokie, Fridays will work.

As for sending out reminders and posting stats, those would just be new threads, not messages to each person, right? Either way, I am up for it :flowerforyou: I need a good distraction right now.
  • becbec71
    becbec71 Posts: 136
    Options
    I am in but I will be doing a mix of 30 day shread and curves. probably curves just 2 days a week though and shread 5 days. it works more of my trouble areas!! lol
  • heather0mc
    Options
    I am in but I will be doing a mix of 30 day shread and curves. probably curves just 2 days a week though and shread 5 days. it works more of my trouble areas!! lol

same boat here becbec! not giving up my 'curves' lol! :laugh:

sooo, here is MY plan! work out at curves as i have been 3-5 nights a week. hopefully (and thats a BIG hopefully) i will get my butt out of bed early enough to do the shred in the AM before work. if not (total night owl here) i will do it after curves. also plan on longer walks with the pooch!

aymie - yes, thats what i meant - new threads each week. ive seen it with lots of other challenge threads. so ours would be like: 30 day shred challenge- week 1, then necxt week: 30 day shred challenge - week 2.

so excited!!! :drinker:
  • Redmom
    Redmom Posts: 5
    Options
    Alrighty, count me in too! Although I'll have to go pick up the DVD...does Walmart carry it in store? Anyone know?

Yay!
    I'm new to MFP, and am hopeful that I'll FINALLY lose my 100+ pounds! I went to an open audition for the Biggest Loser here in San Diego Co., got the callback but unfortunately didn't make the final casting for season 8....oh well. But not dismayed I promised myself that I was not going to let it detour me from finally getting fit. I don't need a show to do it for me....I NEED TO DO IT FOR ME!!!

I have joined 24, am walking uphill daily for 45 (with a few stops to catch my breath) and down for 15 (focusing on using my quads fully as I go down).

Now with this challenge and MFP, I think....scratch that.....I KNOW I will say goodbye to my obesity in the next 6-9 months...

Let's do this thing!

Count me in

Amanda
    "Redmom"
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Heather: You can get up and shred it is a short video and the energy you will have for the day is awesome! It will prob be hard for a couple days but I have faith in you!!!
  • heather0mc
    Options
    Heather: You can get up and shred it is a short video and the energy you will have for the day is awesome! It will prob be hard for a couple days but I have faith in you!!!

aw, thanks hun! :flowerforyou: i think with all the support from mfp and this challenge, i WILL do it! one of my great mfp'ers is sending me her copy of the DVD. HOW GREAT IS THAT!!!???!!! :love: she cant use it so she is passing it along.

so, lets do this and stick to it people! cant wait! :drinker:

Redmom!
    i called my nearby wal-mart yesterday. they didnt have it in stock :cry: i asked for the electronics department and they said all their work out dvd's are kept back in sporting goods. who knew? :smokin:
  • Sweettart
    Options
    My goal along with 30 Day Shred is another workout program.

Right now I am doing Tae Bo Amped with 30 Day Shred. Monday May 25 I will be starting Slim In 6!

Has anyone done Slim in 6 before?
  • missmez
    missmez Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm totally in! I can't wait to get started (as I said on another thread), I got my Shred from Amazon but as soon as I was ready to start I got a bronchial infection! Starting to feel better now and by Monday I will be ready to go!

I'm happy about the Friday check in's because we're doing a bit of a challenge at work and our weigh in days are on Fridays and we're using MY scale (so it's the only time I can weigh myself since my scale isn't at home anymore!).

Woo hoo, I'm excited! And also a little scared! :laugh:

Starting weight: 162
    Bust: 39.5
    Waist: 34
    Hips: 39.5
  • allisonie
    allisonie Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm new to the site as well. I'd love to join this challenge - I've just ordered 30 Day Shred off Amazon. I hope it gets here on time!

Is it alright if I join in?
  • momta2girls
    momta2girls Posts: 60
    Options
    Please count me in, too. I should be receiving mine any day now!

:happy:
  • heather0mc
    Options
    can i just say i am so excited about this??? :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Sweettart
    Options
    can i just say i am so excited about this??? :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Ditto!!
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I have done the 30 day shred, but not everyday. With this challenge I want to do it everyday for 30 days and see what results I get. I hope everyone has great:flowerforyou: :drinker: success.

I will send my starting weight and measurements on Monday.:drinker:
  • ccoker
    ccoker Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I did level 1 for the first time on Monday and about died.:noway: I felt guilty yesterday for not doing it, so today I'll try again. I really need the accountability of checking in with a group. Thank you, thank you!
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    I'm new to the site as well. I'd love to join this challenge - I've just ordered 30 Day Shred off Amazon. I hope it gets here on time!

Is it alright if I join in?

Of course!!!
  • demezat
    demezat Posts: 158
    Options
    we're difinately going to have to motivate each other to push forward and keep on truckin'! I did the Shred this morning for the first time and I'm feeling it now! my legs are really sore already...I'm going to try my best to work through the pain tomorrow...Hopefully by Monday 5/18 I'll have worked out all the soreness! I, too, need the accountibility of checking in with a group.

~Toni D :flowerforyou:
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Alright - I've been resisting this for a while now...been avoiding the added responsibility of checking in with people and being accountable for my actions (or LACK of action). But, what the heck - I have the time in the mornings and you guys said it only takes about 30-40 minutes right? I'll give it a go, I have nothing to lose but fat...

I am getting married in 5 months and want to start the ChaLean program when I'm 90 days out, so this will give me a new challenge before I dive into that program (and it's A LOT cheaper).

Whats the quickest way to order this DVD, and what other gear do I have to invest in?
  • allisonie
    allisonie Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm really looking forward to this!

So we're checking in every Friday? I've never done group check-ins before, do we just detail our progress?
  • becbec71
    becbec71 Posts: 136
    Options
    I did the full level one yesterday for the first time. I felt great! Was hard to get through but I was so excited that I finished it that the pain didnt get to me, tonight after day 2? Sore and tired but well worth it!!