Fit, Fabulous and Pregnant - December 2011

Options

Replies

• DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I pose a question to you all... I am thinking if starting back on tge Jillian 30D Shread. Just skipping the abs part of the workout. I had succesfully completed it pre pregnancy pand I was an avid runner. So thhoughts on starting this up 19 weeks in?
    I'm still doing all of my Jillian workouts....30 DS, Ripped in 30, BFBM, and NMTZ (I mix it up a lot lol! I just do a little extra cardio during the ab session and am being extra careful not to hurt myself. I'm only 10 weeks, but I don't see any reason not to continue for as long as possible. Even when I start getting bigger, I'm going to try to modify it and keep going. Go for it girl!!!!
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hey all - I have found out that I am 7 weeks pregnant today.
    Over the past week and a half I have had some issues (mentally) with my body changes.
    I have always been one to diet. I am 5'11 and 165lb. For many years I have (on average) stuck to around 1500 net calories a day. I have been at this level for so long (and with weekly cheat days) that I maintain my weight at this level. I know this has to do with my body adjusting to the minimal calories as that's what bodies do.

Anyways, now I am trying to stay at maintenance calories (1970) and it is so hard to bring myself to eat that much right now. Especially since I am queasy the entire time. The bloating that I am feeling is also making me feel uncomfortable every time after I eat, like I ate too much. It is hard to add calories when you have those things working against you.

I had been running for a bit before getting pregnant. Unfortunately with the stomach issues and having a harsh cold, I have not exercised much in the past three weeks. I am taking the opportunity to do a "new years" challenge and getting a PT at my gym for pre natal fitness. Someone to be accountable to.

Does anyone else have these early symptoms of bloat, queasiness and having to build calories back into your diet for maintenance? How do you deal with the issues that that causes in your head? Any advice would be appreciated.

Morning! I'm going to refer you to page 1 of this thread. Lots of good posts on calories/eating & exercise. As far as bloating, just keep up with water intake...try eating every 2 hours (small snacks)...that helped me tremendously.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    loisd82 - My understanding is that you just need to add 400 calories to your diet when BF. As for what macro ratio's that would be, I have no clue. I'd contact a lactation nurse for specific diet advice.

kehowe83 - I can't do maint. + exercise cals, it's just too much. So I choose 1600 and I am trying to eat back most of my exercise calories. It's a good number for me, I think it will work until I hit the 2nd trimester. As for the bloat, watch your sodium intake and drink lots of water. As for the queasiness there's not much you can do. With pg. #1 I was vomiting for 4-5 wks straight and lost 10 lbs. So don't worry too much about food/weight, ideally we aren't suppose to gain more than 2 lbs in the first trimester. And the hardest part, just keep telling yourself that it's out of your hands and listen to your body when you workout.

dixiejo1987 - have fun with JM!! I tried 30 DS so many times but I just got bored after a week.

millionsofpea - My understanding is that some ab work in good, you just need to modify so you aren't on your back long. I would do side crunches with or without a hand weight. Feet shoulder width apart, slight bend in the knees, tuck your tail bone under and then just using your upper torso bend side to side and if you have a weight do figure 8's with your arms. The farther away your arms are from your body the harder the move. You can do the same but a slight bend forward and release (easier with a resistance band for added weight), I got those moves from Turbo Fire.

AFM, I go for a pregnancy confirmation appointment today (just POAS) and then I can schedule a viability ultrasound in another 5 weeks. We don't have insurance so I hope I can just renew my Medi-Cal from pg #1 but I know the fun hoops I'll have to jump through for income verification and crap. I'm also hoping the OB I had for DD didn't retire yet, he was a kick in the pants!

The sweets are getting to boot from the house. I have eating 3 mini cheesecakes over the last 4 days and I feel like I packed on 10 lbs in 5 days. I'm going to focus on my workouts, remember to tone down the intensity and make sure I am eating enough fruit & veg. in my diet.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hello all. So big updates at the dr. yesterday. Well sort of. Typically it is the standard pee in the cup, blood pressure, measure and listen but I had a pelvic exam yesterday with strep test. So fun. The doctor I saw yesterday feels like I am measuring "small" for my stage so I get to have another ultrasound next Wednesday. 2 weeks ago my belly was measured at 33cm at almost 34 weeks and she measure 31 cm at almost 36 weeks yesterday. Not sure why the change; a measuring tape from different drs. isn't exactly the most accurate system. Anyways, she said 99% of the time everything is fine but wanted to double check. So while I am excited, it's still a little unnerving knowing that something isn't completely "normal". I of course did my own medical reserach :smile: and found that most of the time it is just a smaller than average baby. This is most likely the case as my husband and I are small people with very little height or size on either family side. It could also be her positioning. It could indicate that she isn't growing properly or low fluid, but she has been moving normally and has a strong heartbeat so I suspect everything is fine. I was a little worried last night but feel much better today. Still, I wish the u/s was tomorrow instead of next week. Also we don't get to see a dr. immediately after; we have to wait 2 days unless something is wrong in which case they would let us know immediately. I'm going to try to get a cancelation if possible, but am just trying to keep positive. I know it's really not a big deal, but so far (knock on wood) this has been the only "abnormal" thing that has happened to me. I also am 1cm dilated, which the dr. told me I could be at for weeks. It still seems like things are moving forward so that's good!

On a positive note, I got some quality husband time in last night. Our house guest went out with some friends to watch the bowl game so it was just Eric and I lounging around and we went to bed early. I am feeling a little more like myself today. I plan on eating better for the rest of the week and getting a little activity in. I plan on yoga tonight and maybe some walking. I also need to drink a ton of water. My pee was really yellow at the dr. yesterday so I think I may be a little dehydrated from all the salty foods I've been eating and not sticking with a normal diet this past week.

I hope Nichole and Rosanna are doing well. I haven't heard from either of them in a few days and I know their babies were coming soon. Welcome to all the new people. Sorry I don't have time to catch up individually. Hope you all have healthy days!

-Ashley
    35 weeks, 5 days
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Also, those of you who have had babies before, how long did you stay at 1 cm and did you do anything different once you started dilating? Since I'm not technically full term for another week or so (not to mention I am not ready by my standards :smile: ) I don't want things to progress too quickly. I'm wondering if I should take it a little easy on the workouts, etc. I am fully aware I could be stuck here for weeks, even past my due date, but I just want to be safe. Thanks!
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Glad you all had a great holiday!

Ashley I was 1cm dilated at my first cervical check at 36wks and stayed 1cm until 40wks when I was 1.5cm lol (I think they just said that to make me feel better). I didn't change any of my activity and I doubt your doctor would advise you to take it easy either. I mean if your body is telling you that you are doing too much, of course listen to that, but I felt good and even did jog/walk intervals for over an hour on my 40wk due date :)
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!!

Didn't do diddly squat yesterday. Hubby picked me up some Chick Fil A, I took a long hot bath and was in bed before 930!! I'm getting much more tired these days...I think that "burst of energy" that I had in my second trimester is slowly beginning to dwindle...

Hoping to leave work early so I can get in some pilates with my new weights, a healthy dinner and I want to keep working on my "dear baby" letters....

Hope everyone is sticking to their goals!!

Denise
    29 wks
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Morning all :flowerforyou:

I'm SO tired this morning...had a really rough night sleep wise last night :grumble: my hands kept falling asleep and I got up to pee quite a few times...the last time I did was around 4am and then I just lay there WIDE awake until my alarm went off :sad: seriously SO frustrating...and now I'm a zombie.
    Plus my husband's sister and her boyfriend are still in town so we had to go over to his parents house AGAIN last night and we didn't get home until like 9:30 (might not seem late but it is to ME lol)
    I'm feeling a little overwhelmed these days...8 weeks left my house is a disaster (no time to do ANYTHING over the past 2 weeks) and work is crazy. Plus I haven't worked out in like 2 weeks either...really need to change that! We just have so much to do before the baby comes and it feels like there is never enough time. I can't wait until all the out of towners head home and things can just go back to normal and I can get back into my regular routine :wink:
    Next weekend is my pregnancy photos...I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not feeling my prettiest lately...lol...I hope they turn out ok. I'm getting my hair/makeup done so hopefully that helps! :tongue:
    I have my obgyn appointment tomorrow and I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow as well.

Really need to drink a TON of water today...thinking I may be a bit dehydrated.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday! Hopefully I can make it through the day without falling asleep at my desk!

Hope to hear soon from Nichole and Rosanna! Maybe there are 2 new babies to celebrate! :bigsmile:

Rayna
    31 weeks 6 days
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Hi ladies! Glad you all had a great holiday!

Ashley I was 1cm dilated at my first cervical check at 36wks and stayed 1cm until 40wks when I was 1.5cm lol (I think they just said that to make me feel better). I didn't change any of my activity and I doubt your doctor would advise you to take it easy either. I mean if your body is telling you that you are doing too much, of course listen to that, but I felt good and even did jog/walk intervals for over an hour on my 40wk due date :)

Thanks Heather.
  • SarahR1984
    Options
    I'm looking for pregnant friends to get to know and chit chat with! If anyone would like another friend, send me a request! :smile:

Better_Balance take the dililation as a good sign! Hopefully it will lead to a vaginal delivery for you. I was a week overdue with my son. After the vaginal induction hormones 24hr before and 12 hours of pitocin I was still at 0 dilation! I ended up with a c-section as the baby wouldn't fit through my birth canal! So I see dililation as a good thing :wink: Here I am getting ready for c-section #3! Good luck, try not to worry too much, it's normal!
  • SarahR1984
    Options
    I had heard about being more emotional during pregnancy, but I find that my anger is much harder to contain. Stuff that I would just roll my eyes at and let pass really really gets to me and I just want to scream at the offender.

Ex: My father in law felt the need to share that one of his nieces who is pregnant with her third thought I was "full of ****" for avoiding raw lunch meat and wine. Then when he re-told it, she said I was "silly". I was like "Oh, I thought you told me she said...." That was an uncomfortable moment at the Christmas dinner table.

Anyone else feeling like the Incredible Pregnant Hulk? I'm hoping it gets better now that I know it's happening.

With my first I cried almost everyday. I was very emotional. You could look at me "wrong" and I would break down. With my 2nd I was a lot snippier and short with people. With this one I am perfectly normal! I don't even feel hormonal at all (besides the 1 time I laughed so hard I cried after seeing a dog pee on a guy on america's funniest home videos, then repeated the laughing hysterically/crying hysterically cycle about 10 times in a row!). It's funny how all pregnancies are different and how much our hormones affect our emotions. Don't worry it'll be over soon! lol
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Rayna- I also didn't sleep well, my mind kept thinking & dreaming crazy stuff. i tossed & turned alot, and feel like a zombie too. I haven't worked out either. I need to get back to walking at least.

Ashley- Nice quite time for you & the hubby. Best wishes for your LO, and hope you can get that U/S sooner.

Welcome to all the new expectants!

Denise- I am so tired too, I cleaned my stove yesterday & washed the dirty pots from the weekend last night and was seriously pooped. Good luck getting out of work early.

~Brenda~31 wks 1 dy Hoping i can walk 20 mins at lunch at least.
  • mommab23
    Options
    Hi! My name is Marisa and I would love to join in on this board. I am 13 weeks with my 4th (2 girls and a boy). Before getting pregnant with my third, I had a lot of success here and lost about 35 lbs. Gained all of it back with the pregnancy. After she was born, I lost about 20 of that and maintained it for 3 years. However, just this passed summer, I gained about 18 lbs and then found out that I was pregnant. Not the way that I planned on starting off! My doctor is a stickler about weight gain and I usually just let it slide when I go over what he recommends. However, I am not at all happy with where I am starting out, so I really want to be careful with my with my weight gain. I know that it's inevitable, but I am trying gain it slowly. I know how easy it is to have months that you gain 8 pounds and I can't afford to do that. I know how hard it is to take it off. I breastfed all three of my children for a year and the weight did not fly off like it does for some. So today I have decided to really watch what I eat and now that I don't feel nauseous all day, I started with a 1/2 hour walk on the treadmill.

Good luck to you all!
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    millions of peaches - Congrats on the baby GIRL!!! Girls sure are popular on this board. If your used to 30 DS I say go for it!! For me, it seems like a little to much during pregnancy and it seems like you would have to modify so much that it wouldn't be worth it. That's just my opinion. I love 30 DS and can't wait to start it again!!

Brenda - Your baby's nursery looks so cute!! I love the color!!!!

kehowe83 - I think there were a few of us that struggled some with adding extra calories and actually eating them. I am one of them, I don't tend to eat a lot of calories, so the increase for me was very hard. I know it's not healthy but before becoming pregnant, I guess I would consider myself lucky if I ate 1000 -1200 calories a day. So going from that to 1800 for maintenence was hard, but your body needs it and it will get easier. The bloat and queasiness is normal and it will go away. Just keep telling yourself it's for your lil' baby and you have to do everything you can to make sure he/she is healthy!! Good Luck and Congrats!

Ashley - That is big news. I'm sure everything is just fine!!! Could be just a difference in doctors, maybe?? When my doctor first told me I was measuring ahead, I was like WHAT??? So of course I did some research and came to the conclusion it was more fluid that time, or she was stretched out more. IDK, baby's still measuring 2 weeks ahead and has been for the last 8 weeks, so I just goin with it. 1 cm dialated is a start. I was at a 1 with my son for 3 weeks before they induced me, then it took 10 hours to get me to a 2 and another 11 hours to get me to 10. It's different with everyone though. A friend of mine was at a 1 for 2 weeks and her next appt. she was at a 3. Just depends I guess, I would just go about your daily routine just as usual unless your doctor tells you anything different.

Denise - I am starting to get tired a lot easier these days too. It's normal, but I would really love some of the 2nd trimester energy back. :)

Rayna - It don't just feel like there is never enough time, there really isn't enough time in one day! I would make a list, and start with the small things you need to get done first. Get some of those out of the way and it will feel like you accomplished a lot and then you can move on to the little things. As far as workouts, try to get in a quick one. Don't plan on and tell yourself your DOING an hour or more workout, just do what you can. Hey, a 15 minute walk is better than nothing at all! Good luck with things. Hope things slow down for you a little bit and you can get some rest.

Welcome to the new people again.....lots of new people everyday!!!

AFM: Had my appt. yesterday, it was another good appt. I hit the 20lb gain mark yesterday......at the beginning I really hoped no more than that, then I up'd it to 25 and I am really hoping I can do it!! So 3lbs in 2 weeks!!! Holy Moly!! Baby's HB was good, measuring 35wks. Anyway, after all the contractions over the holiday, she decided to check me and she said my cervix is soft and I am dialated to .5 cm. Not much but it's something, she didn't seem to concerned, and she did confirm baby is low, and said at this point she could move back up still, but it's not likely. Basically she said my body is just beginning to prepare to have a baby. I need to drink more water!!!! NO more pop!!! I had a lil binge with pop and I can totally tell...ugh drinking it just makes me feel sick, but it's so good sometimes. I got the last few things I needed for the baby's room. Actually I think I will get one more small rug to go in front of the door, then it's done.

Well my boss just informed me I am getting off work at 2:00 for the rest of the week!! Woo Hoo, 2 more hours and 2 hours earlier than usual! I need to get some things at home done.
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    We just got back from the OB, and what a great appointment! We saw the baby doing flips and waving, and stretching -- super active little thing! I got some great pictures, and one with a super cute profile -- s/he has 2 eyes, a nose, jaw, legs, arms, and all! I feel so great after seeing the baby today :) We are going out for Thai food to celebrate.

I read all of the new posts -- and am glad to see all are doing well!
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'd love to join this group :) My name is Lindsay and I'm 11 weeks pregnant with my second. My son, Lukas, turns 1 tomorrow!
    When I was pregnant with him, I didn't really care what I ate or how active I was. I gained 35lbs. Not too bad except I was already overweight when I got pregnant. I managed to lose the baby weight thanks to MFP and while I was trying to lose another 15-20lbs we found out we are expecting again!
    I have been doing a mixture of Insanity, JM workouts, walking and jogging for the last 10 months. So I started out this pregnancy walking at least 2 miles a day, pre-natal yoga daily and doing weights 3-4 times a week. I am determined to stay healthy this time around. I'm still considered overweight so my goal is to not gain over 30lbs, but I'm not going to beat myself up if I do and I'm eating healthily. However I had a scary incident 3 weeks ago, which the doctor essentially put me on bed rest (told me to lay as low as possible) until January 3rd (horrible timing with all the Christmas goodies!!).
    Anyways, until I get the ok to start walking again, I really need to focus on my nutrition at least and GET THE SWEETS AWAY FROM ME! The more I stay sedentary, the more I want to munch, it's a vicious cycle! I hope by joining this group I can help others stay motivated and you'll help me :bigsmile:
  • complicatedmoves
    complicatedmoves Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey ALL!

I'm 7 weeks pregnant....having a difficult time processing that I am going to be gaining more weight. I still had 20 lbs to get to my goal weight. I'm trying to do better with this pregnancy (it's my second) than last pregnancy. Last pregnancy I was operating under the myth I was eating for two, which led me here dealing with a lot of unwanted pounds to lose. I have been trying eat like I have a little sense. I have already gained about 2 lbs..
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    HI All,

Wow you ladies are so super busy...Welcome to all the newcomers..

Great xmas here...it was supper busy...We had Xmas lunch at our house with both my family and my husband's family. It was so crazy and busy...I went to a Holiday party the night before, went to bed at 2am and woke up at 7am to take care of the kids and clean for christmas lunch...it was crazy but I had a great time and it was nice seeing everyone...needless to say by 6pm I was knocked out on the couch...lol...

Have only worked out 2x in the last week...I was doing ok on the food until Christmas day and today hasn't been great either...

Goal is to do something everyday for the rest of the week.

I hope Nicole and Rosanna have had there little ones.

Sounds like everyone else is doing fairly well...hang in there keep moving and eating as best as you can.

Ashley - with my first son I was 1cm-2cm at 38 weeks and stayed there until I was 40 weeks.. And when I wasn't feeling any contractions or anything and was tired of being pregnant...I went for a 2 mile walk and drank raspberry leaf tea...pretty sure the walking did it because that night I went into labor but then it took about 16 hrs to get to 7 cm and I stayed there for about 2-3hrs...
    Hopefully you progress a lot quicker and better...
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't checked in recently. I have my NT ultrasound tomorrow and I'm nervous. Everyone is doing so great, I have been reading everyday. I hope to spend a good half of the next year with this group. Happy holidays!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hey gals...I'm lurking...

Not much exercise in this past week and probably won't get in much until after the New Year...we'll be out at my parents tonight thru Monday. But then it's back to business...BIG TIME! Getting rid of all the cookies and sweets from our house also (I'm taking it all with me to leave at my parents!)

Hope you are all well. Excited for my second ultrasound next Wednesday (hopefully Baby cooperates a little better this time and we can get some great pictures!)

Kristin--25 weeks, 1 day