Lip Sweaters???

Options

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Yes to a moustache and no to a beard. I have been with my husband for 23 years and would you believe i have never seen him without a moustache?!? He does have a goatee right now and beards have come and gone over the years.

Sorry off topic but... This reminds me of when I was little maybe 6 or 7 I had never seen my dad without a full beard and he walked out the bathroom clean shaven. I remember collapsing to the ground screaming cause I thought a stranger was in the house. I don't remember what he looked like and to this day he has kept his beard.

I did the same thing, cried hysterically. He did it again as an adult and I had pretty much the same reaction
  • kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    <
    here ya go.

Well I wasn't quite looking for what people thought of my face blanket.... More what people perfer is all. But as you can see....I'm not much of a hairy guy to begin with...and yes...that's a weeks worth of growth. Looks more like a 5 o'clock shadow...I know. LOL. I blame my Hawaiian blood.
  • LilianaGarciia
    LilianaGarciia Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    my man looks nice with and without a bit of facial hair so i dont mind :D

x
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    <
    here ya go.

Well I wasn't quite looking for what people thought of my face blanket.... More what people perfer is all. But as you can see....I'm not much of a hairy guy to begin with...and yes...that's a weeks worth of growth. Looks more like a 5 o'clock shadow...I know. LOL. I blame my Hawaiian blood.
    Personally, I think you should keep it - it looks AWESOME on you, but you do look good without it, too.
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    <
    here ya go.

Looks good!
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    WOW was I ever wrong about what this topic was about! LOL I just assumed...

LMAO
    :blushing:
  • KXanthos
    KXanthos Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    <
    here ya go.

I think that many of us don't have a specific preference one way or the other...it depends on the indivudual guy and whether it fits his particular look or not. In your case, it does!

Now, if you really want to start a debate, ask us if we like chest hair or not. :-)
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I don't like it when a dude over grooms, or under grooms.

If you have a chin strap, you are are trying too hard.

If you have a mountain man look, you aren't trying hard enough.

If you have a bit of stubble, it probably looks about right.

Personally, I love that my husband has chest hair, but I can't stand seeing it on other dudes. It should never ever stick out of your shirt. However, if you are hairless, I think it makes men look either childish, or gay. Nothing wrong with being gay, but obviously, gay dudes probably don't care if I think they are hot.

Whatever you do, keep it clean. No one wants to see food or boogers in your beard.
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    <
    here ya go.

It looks good! But you look good without it, also.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    KimoRUN, I think you could wear a tutu to work and the women would still think your hot. But since you dont want to know bout that I personally like a little scruff. Just looks manly. I also dig bald men, Roadhog. But KXanthos is so right the better debate is chest hair or no.
  • mcwright1980
    Options
    Personally, I love facial hair (on men). It gives that rustic mountain man look that I love.but i'mm also a huge fan of a goatee! I'd have a talk w/ work and see if they're willing to budge on policy!
  • DayumStraightIAmEllie
    Options
    My oldest brother just does not look good in a beard. White guys dont look good with beards in my personal opinion. Though i have seen a couple that make me rethink that statement.

Hispanic or darker skinned guys look REALLY hot with a little bit.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    if you like it-that is all that should matter!
  • kimoRUN
    Options
    Yes to a moustache and no to a beard. I have been with my husband for 23 years and would you believe i have never seen him without a moustache?!? He does have a goatee right now and beards have come and gone over the years.

Sorry off topic but... This reminds me of when I was little maybe 6 or 7 I had never seen my dad without a full beard and he walked out the bathroom clean shaven. I remember collapsing to the ground screaming cause I thought a stranger was in the house. I don't remember what he looked like and to this day he has kept his beard.

Dude that's hilarious. Ya my pops has only shaved his push broom mustache twice in my lifetime. His stash is like family to all of us.
  • lowkeyelv
    Options
    As long as it isn't going to hurt my face, I don't really care. My husband's facial hair always causes scratches on my face so I won't go near him unless he just shaved.

I think this is the issue for a lot of women - they like how it looks, they hate how it feels. My most recent ex (that sounds bad, but of course, I've date more than one woman in 41 years) asked me to shave the mustache part of my goatee, leaving just the bottom. I complied, as it was not a big deal to me, though visually it required an adjustment to a look I've had since law school. I think it was her way of having it look the way she wanted it to look, without the discomfort of having to kiss a "lip sweater."

Strangely enough, in my travels, I've found asian women to like the hirsute the most, which is interesting as they tend to have less body hair then other women.
  • kimoRUN
    Options
    Personally, I love facial hair (on men). It gives that rustic mountain man look that I love.but i'mm also a huge fan of a goatee! I'd have a talk w/ work and see if they're willing to budge on policy!

Its not really a policy... More of a personal professional preference. (Gosh that was a lot of P's)
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I prefer the not-so-much approach, but on some men it's down right delectable. I'm a fan of the scruffy-ness on occasion :-P
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    To the OP: looks cool, keep it.
    In general - I'm not a fan of the mustache, I don't think they suit many men (my husband looks like a Mexican bandit with a mustache!). Beards often look great, but I prefer them neat and trimmed.
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Dark haired men generally look awesome with facial hair (I am particularly fond of stubble and a well groomed goatee).

Light haired men should stay far, far away from facial hair. It is usually red, which is icky anyway (I'm allowed to say that - I am a redhead), and even if it is the same color as your hair, blonde or light brown facial hair just doesn't look right.

I agree totally. And no cheesey chin strap/Backstreet Boys action either!

Jay you look handsome either way & I think you know this.....................................:tongue:
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I love scruffy guys with 2-12 days of growth all over.
    Aesthetically, I don't like guys with especially groomed mustaches, goatees, chin straps, or full beards.

Agree with this!! Scruff good.. over groomed facial hair.. scary!