How much did you gain during the holidays and WHY?

Options

Replies

• Islasgirl
    Islasgirl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Only gained 2 lbs since Thanksgiving. I made cookies! Knew better but did them anyway telling myself that I was going to give them all away! Not! But my daughter loaned me her exercise bike and now I am using it everyday. I am determined to get a jump start on the new year! And no more baking goodies.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I am consistantly losing over the holiday season which I don't really consider to be over until Tuesday! Why: I haven't turned it into my usual six week excuse to ditch the gym and eat whatever I want! I'm letting myself have some treats but much smaller portions of them and I don't feel like I am missing out. I think that santa has given me a moderation button this Christmas and it is the best present ever - just hope you don't break it if you play with it too much!! lol
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'm actually down 4 lbs - from stomach flu that has lasted over a week. Who says the stomach flu can't have positive benefits :) Its not dehydration either, hydration levels have remained good as all I had was liquids for days on end.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    2 pounds, but it was intentional! I was in Las Vegas with family and we ate and drank for 6 days straight.

FUN!!!
  • trouse11
    trouse11 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    me too:frown:embarassed:
  • dlamaier
    dlamaier Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Did well for 7 weeks because my husband was away at school but when we saw each other for the first time we did not eat smart or drink smart for that matter. I have gained 4-5 pounds. But now I am back on track and hope to reach my goal. One plus is that me and my husband are doing this together.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    ive maintained pretty much, with fluctuations of about 3 pounds
  • PeasNLuvLety
    Options
    I've yet to weigh myself but I know that I've definitely gained a few pounds...i kept telling myself that when I left my parent's house that I would go back to my healthy eating and daily exercise. I'm home now so I gotta get to it! Good luck to you all!
  • awdhemi
    awdhemi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am actually down 4 pounds in the last two weeks!! I did eat out a lot when my mom was here visiting. But I chose to find the healthiest option wherever we were!!
  • CamiXiomara
    Options
    I stopped working out from November 22 until December 28th. I was lazy. I gained 1.6 pounds.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I gained NOTHING.
    Why?

Because I chose not to.
  • littlewords
    Options
    Congratulations to everybody.

Everyone who didn't gain, or who even lost some weight are impressive and have great self control and are obviously committed!
    Those of you who DID gain didn't gain too much, and hey! At least you are still paying attention! The fact that you are still getting on the scale and being aware of where you are is awesome!

Happy Holidays everyone : )
  • skinnygirldulce
    Options
    I actually gained about 7 pounds. :( My family like to stay in the house playing games and watching movies. So we ate ALOT and I completely abandoned all nutritional guidelines. I mean,m I really gonna tell my mother inlaw that I will pass on her homemade food.??
  • Valwash
    Options
    Gained really about 7 pounds but other factors contributed to the wieght gain such as hanging out late which led to me eating late... eating food like pizza and cookies, Tons of patatos! and sugary sweets! But thats all going to change! Holidays are over and there are no excuses why I can't set up for my comback! Im going to be slim again =] just this butt isn't going any where lol
  • banana1244
    Options
    About 6 pounds! I'm horrified! Although I do deserve it, I didn't make an effort to track or reduce my intake on the sweets. I left to my family's house (across the country) at 134.2, and now my scale reads 140... 134.2 was the lowest I've been in months so I was really proud of myself when I got to that point, but now I just feel terrible. Then again, I do realize that a lot of this weight can be weight from traveling (bloating majorly...) because I was on a 9 hour plane all day yesterday.

This is nothing though, I can shake it!
  • MrsMuffinRun
    Options
    I dare not weight, but judging by how my jeans feel, I reckon 3/4 pounds.

Why? Because I love the lifestyle of the Christmas Holidays. No routine and midnight TV with a glass of Baileys and some chocolate.

The first few days back to normal routine and eating habits are like torture!
  • anjanettecomer
    Options
    I didn't gain anything. My philosophy was that I had lost so much over the past year, and it would take DAYS of overeating to do MUCH damage. On the days that I had an event, I just ate very lightly during the day, so I could have what I wanted that night. What I found was that I really didn't WANT that much. I didn't log what I ate for a couple of days, just enjoyed my holiday.
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    Lost 6!! Why? Cuz I "challenged" myself not to gain and I WON!

I'm sure you'll get back on track and recoup the gained pounds. Good luck to ya!

xoxoxo

Holy moly!!!!! thats incredible!!!

THANKS SO MUCH.....losin that baby weight!!!!
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I gained 3...already down 2 ...why ...because I choose to enjoy the holidays with my family and enjoy food and drinks I usually don't...christmas only happens once I year ...oh and I still worked out during this time the only day I didn't was christmas day :happy:
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I lost a pound. My goal was to maintain the weight over teh holidays while still being wise and cautious of my portions. I am SUCCESSFUL!! Good thing too, since the hoildays happen every year about this same time. No time like the present to conquer the most challenging times than right now! I am happy with my loss of 1 last week. I am shooting for 2 pound loss this week. yes even with New Years, where I will enjoy the food, just less of than this time last year!!