UNDER-WHERE? Girls only topic ;)

Options
Person A: Look under there!
Person B: Under -where?!
Person A: You said UNDERWEAR!

Okay...cheesy way to start a post, but I'm a Mom of 3 and I've heard this ridiculous joke more than I care to admit.

BUT, I seriously wanted to ask you what kind of UNDERWEAR/panties/under garments/whatever-you-want-to-call-them do you wear to the gym? I run and I have tried it ALL! I'm so sick of trial and error --it's getting expensive.

Now that I've lost the weight, the boy shorts style are not comfortable, too much fabric...but I like it wide around my hips (not granny panty wide) because I still have a small "flap" (Extra skin)....

Anyone else annoyed with this issue???

What are you wearing that you've found works?

Replies

• cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    you mean you WEAR underwear?

LOL...j/k. I usually wear bikinis...and yeah, sometimes stuff rides up and whatnot...i really don't have a good answer for you. Commando is probably the most comfortable way oddly enough.
  • ninamm3
    ninamm3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Totally gone comando...just prefer not to if I can help it...glad I'm not alone! ;)
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    My sister convinced me to buy these hybrid looking underwear on sale at VS and they sound like what you're looking for. The front is full like a bikini but they have a wide (maybe 2-3 inch) lace (i.e. very lightweight) band and the butt is like a thong. Maybe it's just a fancy thong but it wears really nicely under yoga pants :wink:
  • shasha_84
    Options
    I like string bikini cut or thongs.
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    cheeky boyshorts work for me or yes commando (depends if my workout pants have that liner in them) Wearing the wrong ones can be a pain in the butt
  • vsmurrow
    vsmurrow Posts: 145
    Options
    Calvin Klein men's tightie whities. I'm a size thirty.

I like that they have a hole in the front. Not only do I feel super conspicuous, but I just like to think that if I ever randomly mutate and sprout a penis, I'll be prepared.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    According to my wife, anyone who's butt is in decent shape turns all underwear into a thong, so.....wear a thong.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    According to my wife, anyone who's butt is in decent shape turns all underwear into a thong, so.....wear a thong.
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    My sister convinced me to buy these hybrid looking underwear on sale at VS and they sound like what you're looking for. The front is full like a bikini but they have a wide (maybe 2-3 inch) lace (i.e. very lightweight) band and the butt is like a thong. Maybe it's just a fancy thong but it wears really nicely under yoga pants :wink:

Tangas, I think that's what they call them
  • MrsT_2009
    MrsT_2009 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling to find some suitable underwear too. I usually wear bikini's but they get bunchy and my butt gets all squished during yoga so I'm thinking about trying thongs. : ) Under Armour makes some that get good reviews, but they are pricey so I haven't bought them yet.
  • victoria233
    Options
    Commandoooooo :) Just dont wear light grey pants...hello swass!!!!
  • 1FitMom326
    Options
    I have the VS yoga type and I love them. They don't move around. They come in all styles too.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options

Tangas, I think that's what they call them

Learn something new every day! :happy:
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Calvin Klein men's tightie whities. I'm a size thirty.

I like that they have a hole in the front. Not only do I feel super conspicuous, but I just like to think that if I ever randomly mutate and sprout a penis, I'll be prepared.

ROFL!!!!
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options

I second these. Love 'em!
  • carilou
    Options
    Hi!

I am also annoyed with this lol. I would not suggest cotton. They ride all over the place on me. I did find a couple of pair in Target. They are nylon and spandex. There is kinda a wide waistband but the underwear stops right before your bellybutton. I try to suck in my stomach as much as I can. I am told this is a good exercise to train your abs.
  • travelgirl96
    Options
    bikini panties always stay put. with thongs you run the risk of a UTI. No good!
  • carilou
    Options
    I could never go commando lol! At my age if I sneeze I pee!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure of the brand but it's the ones they sell at Costco....I think they're called itsy bitsy or something like that. They hold everything in and help wick moisture (part spandex/party cotton).....very comfy!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    has to be a thong! I won't wear anything else. If I am gonna have fabric up my butt-it had better be minimal! Lol (it all ends up there anyway!