What's a good salad dressing with low calorie?

Options
124»

Replies

• hiemerapril
    hiemerapril Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like em all! I don't put a lot on my salad tho, never have. I only use 1 tbsp for my salad, I read somewhere that the dressing is supposed to enhance the flavors in the salad, not cover them up!! This is supposed to be a lifestyle change, but you are also supposed to enjoy what you eat.
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    We went to Italy last year and brought back some 30year old aged balsamic vinaigrette. It is dark, rich and thick. It is literally the best food I have ever had in my life. But the price set me back. It cost $150 usd. But you only use a few drops and it is such a treat to consume. It really fancies up greens. Just think, this 30year old balsamic sat in an Italians attic for 30 years and now I get the pleasure of eating it.

I have seen these specially shaped 30year aged balsamic at Costco on rare occasions. It is a splurge but so healthy and salad-eating-enticing.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Balsamic vinegar.
  • scarlettd12
    scarlettd12 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I usually use Kraft Greek Vinaigrette with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Feta, and Oregano. It is delicious and not super high in calories.

Today though, I was craving something creamy, so I used Kraft Classic Ceasar. I only used 1 tbsp though, which was 70 calories. Totally worth it, it was amazing!
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Big fan of Kraft's Roasted Red Pepper and Parmesan. It's not even in their calorie wise line but is only 15 calories per tablespoon.
  • _itsB_
    _itsB_ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    whats everyones favourite herbs to add to dressings? :)
  • motivated_kel
    motivated_kel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    10 year old girl I babysit taught me this - I kid you not best dressing I have ever had. (Measurements are to taste, not sure of exact numbers)

dijon Mustard
    half a lemon squeezed for juice
    liquid aminos (its just a healthier version of soy sauce, can use low sodium soy sauce as well)
    extra virgin olive oil
    tiny bit of salt/pepper
    pomegranate red vinegar (cant remember exact name)
    mix all together.

it is insanely delicious.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    whats everyones favourite herbs to add to dressings? :)

I often put basil leaves in the salad, rather than the dressing.

Basil or mint are always good with fresh raw veg.
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, okay i suck at salad dressing, and the only one i end up always buying is Italian dressing which i don't really like now, and want to try something new with my salad but to scared to go buy it and then not end up liking it.

I also heard low calorie sweetener (sugar) are more fattening than actual sugar?

Haven't read thru 3 pages so forgive me if this has been said. But Walden Farms ITALIAN, or Balsamic, or Honey Mustard (don't try the ranch - BARF)

They are zero calories, zero sugar...don't ask me how they do it because i don't know. They also make a carmel sauce, chocoate sauce (good for coffee)....I LOVE LOVE and use for everything. Most grocery stores sell them, but they are also available online.
  • TamaraGraceS
    TamaraGraceS Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Personal fav as well!
    I use balsamic vinegar or salsa.
  • danmoffett
    Options
    Just about ALL store bought dressings has bad oils like soy, canola, or corn AND has MSG in it.
    Lots of if not most balsamic vinegar has sulfates in it.
    I use lemon juice.
    Give it a try.