How much do you pay for your gym membership?

Options

Replies

• Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I was paying £42 (about $65) per month for Bannatynes gym - had about 60 classes a week, sauna, pool, steam room and tons of equipment - but I hated all the mirrors and so many poseurs - am now at a small gym that is 1/3 of the size and is always being fixed up for leaks and could do with a lick of paint, it has no pool or flashy amenities - but I love it and it's only £ 16 ($24) a month

The people that go are there just there to work out, no matter what time I go at the owner is always there and I like that I can just go and get on with it and noone bothers me.
  • mother_of_brigade
    mother_of_brigade Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of joing a gym that is about $77 a month, classes and pool included. I am currently a the y which is $45 a month but spend $$$ driving the 25 minutes there.
  • LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with my Community Center! They've got a fitness room (cardio, weights, etc), an awesome pool, a gymnasium, and even a roller skating rink in the basement!!

It's $28/month and includes Boot Camp classes, water aerobics and a few others. There are other more specialized classes for an additional fee.

It's 1 1/2 miles from my house, it's never very busy when I go (early morning) and it supports the parks department. Win-win for me!
  • jofromnz
    jofromnz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I pay $NZD68/month and for me it is completely worth it! I live in New Zealand and we have an awesome chain of gyms called les Mills. I adore the classes and I am quite happy to pay this much. This fee entitles me to general gym equipment (elliptical etc), group classes, shower/lockers/sauna etc. I have tried machines in the past but I find I get bored so the classes are the best option for me. I love BodyCombat which is all punching and kicking. I go 3 times per week so it costs roughly $5 per visit. It is also where I do my weigh ins!!!!
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Im tempted to go ask a hotel near hear if i can pay to use their fitness center. Probably not likely but its closer and I know they cant have that many people using it!
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I pay $NZD68/month and for me it is completely worth it! I live in New Zealand and we have an awesome chain of gyms called les Mills. I adore the classes and I am quite happy to pay this much. This fee entitles me to general gym equipment (elliptical etc), group classes, shower/lockers/sauna etc. I have tried machines in the past but I find I get bored so the classes are the best option for me. I love BodyCombat which is all punching and kicking. I go 3 times per week so it costs roughly $5 per visit. It is also where I do my weigh ins!!!!

We used to have the Les Mills classes at my old gym - they are super awesome!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    $12 per week atm, but now that I am doing my cert III it is incorporated in the price of the package :)
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I pay $319 for two years (through Costco) and I get way more than my money's worth. I LOVE 24 hour Fitness!
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    $30/month whole gym and some free classes. Some classes cost money, but all in all it's way cheaper than the classes I would want to take at my University's gym, which I can't use anymore since I just graduated.
  • BoopsyBoop
    BoopsyBoop Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am very fortunate to have access to a fully equipped gym and pools for free. We're a military family living on a military installation and they have gyms in their neighborhood centers for the spouses to use, they also have a fully equpped gym for everyone to use. I used to pay $30 in my hometown and it was a community center gym, great place. If you are looking to save money on a gym try out a local community center or even a YMCA if you have one. :)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    New York Sports Club, $45 per month.
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    $49.00 a month and that includes, 2 tanning beds (one lay down and one stand up), infrared sauna, massage chair, full dressing room (fully stocked with everything from flat irons to deodorant), shower, free weights, machines, cardio machines (treadmill, elliptical, etc) and classes galore! I personally love the classes. I go to them at least 6 days a week and sometimes twice a day. The best part is...it's a Ladies ONLY gym!!!!

I love it and get my moneys worth every month!

Oh and it's 24 hour access :D
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I traded it for a favor involving this matter of an outstanding debt.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I just canceled mine, but it was 30/mo no contract. Snap fitness (it's a franchise). I canceled because I have everything I need at home. I hadn't been in months and it seemed silly to keep paying for the off chance I wanted to go. :)
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Mine is free (now). But initially I paid $600 for the used bowflex, $1200 for the elliptical (retail $2000), and $150 for the free weights and bench and the power tower was $70. The commute is a walk down my basement steps.

The "track" is outside in my neighborhood, has built in hills and everything! ;)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    If I divide all the money I've spent for the stuff in my home gym by the number of months I've been using it, it comes out to a heck of a lot. I better keep using it for a long time!
  • 20katiemccook11
    20katiemccook11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I pay £33,50 that's for unlimited swimming , gym and all fitness classes including zumba aquafit and many more
  • maews
    maews Posts: 39
    Options
    $35.00 monthly
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I pay 33.50 a month for the gym, the pool/hot tub and classes(which I don't even use!).

We have a winner! I need to find out how much the 24 hour one costs around here and how high they crank up the air conditioning, because I am not going to be able to walk outside or do much of anything else, inside or out, without a membership to somewhere that keeps the place like a fridge all summer.

My gym is X-Sport fitness if that helps any.

They are not everywhere(only IL and the east coast I think) but they are expanding, and I like them a lot!
  • TiMoPhat
    TiMoPhat Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I pay $50 a month which includes a multi-gym pass at the local gym including my towel service. One is more convenient for me during the week and then another is more convenient during the weekends. I am a member of the all female gym but go to the co-ed gym during the week. I take spin/RPM classes at least once a week(usually during the weekends) and the co-ed gym has a pool, a great Biking room, tons of cardio machines and a whole floor of just weights. The female gym also has a spa where you can get various spa treatments and other services. I think $50 is a bit much to me considering the gym near my job has the same fitness program and I get a company discount for 30$ a month but its not convenient at all to my home. To me anything over 50 a month is way too much considering they have places like planet fitness that are 24hrs/7days a week and are $10 a month.