How much do you pay for your gym membership?

Options

Replies

• MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    $20 dollars a month! I use Planet Fitness. It's just a basic gym, nothing fancy

Same here that is all I need.....I love it

same here... all I need!
  • natacha305
    natacha305 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hello all I am in Miami FL

I used to pay $10 x two people for PLANET FITNESS, I havent gone in like 4 months and they wont close my account until i pay! so those ten dollars are just stacking up and waiting to go on my credit report (they threaten to report me to collectors) I ask if I can pay in parts but they said no the only favor the can do me is take $50 off what i owe because i havent actually used the gym.

I joined with promises that the one close to my house was going to open in 2 weeks, its been 3 months and still nothing. I gained 10 pounds in those 3 months waiting for the stupid gym.

So right by it LA FITNESS Opened, i went like 3 different times 1st it was a registration fee of $250 then it was $100.

Finally i went to LA FITNESS and I got 0 registration fee
    $29 for me
    $29 for my husband
    $10 daycare child 1
    $10 daycare child 2
    TOTAL: $80 per month

I get classes and a pool i never use, but I miss Planet fitness I wish they werent such douches to promise me the club would open by my house and about the payments.

LA FITNESS is ok I really needed the daycare
    cons: Day care hours are horribleeeeee
    hours of operation suck the big one. need it opened earlier and later and on holidays!

Helloooo Holidays is when i eat the most i need to work out dummiesssssssss
  • CarolAnn0730
    Options
    Talk to your employer... I know we can do a Gold's membership for $264 per year - and we have wellness benefits - that we can get reimbursed.

Many employers have discounts with gyms or the Y... etc

I also have a gym - at my office and they offer classes before work, lunch time and after work - so I'm blessed that way. Sad part is - I don't use it as often as I should but that IS CHANGING!
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    29 dollars a month, 24 hour fitness. My membership is dusty :)
  • bigtwagner
    Options
    $28.01 monthly. Sign up fee/key fee was $35. I go to a 24 hr gym. My wife pays an extra $10.59 per month to go as a second person on our membership.
  • nowornever78
    nowornever78 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Anytime fitness: $42.00 a month. I had to pay $40 one time fee for a key chip (nation wide). I can go 24/7 holidays,weekends. All classes free except spin is $5. No pool or tanning
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    At the Gold's Gym near where I used to work, it was $30/month. But when I mentioned I was looking at other gyms because their hot water wasn't reliable every January with all the New Year's resolution people, they dropped my rate to $15/month. If only they were close enough to make it worth going from the new job...

There's a 24-hour place near my house that is $40/month.

Then there's the place with indoor tennis and racquetball courts, pool, indoor running track, all the weights and machines you could ever want, towels, shampoo, shaving cream, razors, everything for showering... that one's $130/month!!! Oh, and the smoothie bar, restaurant, and salon upstairs.

Can't remember what the initial fee was on any of them. Still thinking about joining the 24-hour place.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    $35.00 a month!

That's how much I pay and it also includes massages, tanning, and drinks from the juice bar. If my husband joins we can get a discount so it's only $45 for both of us a month. I haven't convinced him to join me though.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    $20 dollars a month! I use Planet Fitness. It's just a basic gym, nothing fancy

Same here that is all I need.....I love it

Me too...:smile:
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I just signed up 2 weeks ago. My 1 time fee was $84 but my monthly bill is $29 a month.

24 Hour Fitness
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I Pay $20 monthly..I have been at my gym since 2002 and the company I was with at the time got a discount....So it never went up when switched job...
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    You really have to find the right one for you, there is so much variance.

A few years back, I paid $25ish / month at 24 Hour Fitness for me (& my kids were an extra $10/month for childcare, or something to that effect). Great deal, if that's what fits into your lifestyle. Mine didn't have a track, but there were treadmills, and you might find you like swimming, or spin classes, or any number of other things they offer!

My kids are older now, and about 5 years ago, we switched to another gym, which is more expensive. We pay $140 / month (my husband isn't even on the membership), which is a lot, but it's the best childcare in town, and kids' classes are included in that fee (including swim lessons for my 7 & 5 year olds, and babies, as well as basic gymnastics, ballet, etc, type classes. Up to 3 hours daily of childcare, and we have a nice indoor pool to use, plus a great outdoor pool (with slides and all) for summer.

It's really worth calling around, and even looking around. The cost I pay monthly makes it look like the priciest gym in my town, BUT if we were to join the Y & pay the $2/hour charge for EACH kid EACH hour, and I work out a couple of hours most days, I'd quickly be paying more just to be at the Y (& I'd have less amenities).

Good luck! I'm sure you can find something more reasonable than the gym you called to meet your needs.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    mine is free through my health insurance. otherwise, it's about 50 a month, although i can get a discount through my hubby who's a student at the school the gym's associated with. i don't have to pay extra for group classes or anything.
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I pay 69.00 a month for my wife and I. Gym has a heated salt water pool, gymnasium for basketball and volleyball, two studios for classes, a cafe with good food, hot tub/sauna/steam room, towel service. There is also a 2nd location now that is included, but it only has cardio and weight equipment.
  • ehunte
    ehunte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I just joined another gym today called Fitness Connection for $99 down and $9.95/mo - great facilities to boot!
  • TuDominicano
    TuDominicano Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    $25.74 a month
  • ladysarahbell
    ladysarahbell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I pay $20 a month!
  • quietpotato
    quietpotato Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use the YMCA. Our family membership is $65 a month. That covers me and my husband, as well as our baby and if we had 1 more child that would be covered as well. There was a sign-up fee of $59. The best part is that they have free daycare for my baby while I exercise! It's the only way I could do it. She likes it so much that it keeps me going. It's a lot easier for me to do it for her than it is for me.
  • courtneyjadee
    Options
    about 14 a week and thats for gym and classes
  • SHINAS
    SHINAS Posts: 24
    Options
    $9.99 A MONTH. OPEN 24 HRS