Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How often do you weigh?

Replies

• fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    I weigh every day. I have a calendar in front of the scale where I write down what I weigh every day of the week for months and months. I can see an overall downward trend and I know days I am up. It makes me consider what I did the day before and if it was worth what the scale says. Its giving me a very good idea of eating certain things does to my body.
  • Every friday morning to keep myself in check for the weekend.
  • Laureen74
    Laureen74 Posts: 37 Member
    I weigh myself once a week.
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    I weigh if I'm bored and I get the urge. But I never count it as my official weigh in until Monday, early in the morning when I haven't eaten yet.
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    About 10 times in the morning. Then a few at night.
  • I weigh myself everyday. Partially because I'm obsessed and it is now a part of my morning routine, but it also helps motivate me. Just say I lost some weight the day before, I weigh myself the next day and see that I gained it back, I can take note of what I did that may have contributed to the gain and improve the day ahead of me.
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    I weigh everyday, and plan to for a long time. Not getting on the scales more often than I did is how I got this big. Obviously I realize that what and how much I was eating is what got me this size...but not getting on the scales and being aware of what the scale was doing was not smart for me personally. I don't want to let my weight 'sneak' back up ever again!!

^this
  • nyprdiva
    nyprdiva Posts: 76 Member
    I have been weighing myself everyday. I know this is not a healthy way to approach weight loss. What do you do?

I do everyday first thing in the morning.
  • Every two weeks!
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/428962-how-often-do-you-weigh-yourself

x2s a week. Once the day after my rest days in the morning because its generally higher after rest/recovery days and once at the end of the work out week to give me the most accurate end week result.

Edit: I'm experiencing Deja vue here lol
  • ahjenny
    ahjenny Posts: 293 Member
    I weigh every day because I like to see how it fluctuates. Even a .2 drop works for me, and I'm not one to freak out if I gain a pound or two in a day. I'm liking the downward trend I'm seeing, and that's motivating!
  • evonday
    evonday Posts: 141 Member
    Once a week, in the morning, before I've eaten and after I've used the rest room.
  • Once a week on Mondays. Sometimes I will hop on just to see during the middle of the week but I try to stick with once a week.
  • mama_to_1
    mama_to_1 Posts: 45 Member
    normally everyday. sometime i forget so it is more like every other day. but i always weigh on sundays and record that on here.
  • lovenhppnss
    lovenhppnss Posts: 17 Member
    When I've done well, I'd been weighing just about everyday. Now that I am remembering that I guess I should go back to it. It keeps me mindful and honest with myself.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    I weigh every morning and at bedtime and write my weight in a tablet. This helps keep me on track and I know when I'm losing or gaining. I only record my weight loss once a week on here if I do have a loss. If you find the weighing is driving you nuts, then just weigh once a week. Good luck to you:)
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Once a week, on Friday mornings before I eat anything. If I have a gain I tend to weigh myself every day for the next few days just to see if it goes away.
  • thebigbige
    thebigbige Posts: 99 Member
    i do everyday as well.
  • Strega17
    Strega17 Posts: 1 Member
    I don't own a scale, if I weigh, it is usually at the doctor's office which would be every couple of months or so. I measure weekly and go by the fit of my clothes. To keep me motivated, I took "before" pictures.
  • Every morning with no clothes on, so I can get the most accurate weight. I think its a rewarding approach, it boosts my self esteem and reminds me of why I'm dieting :)