Tall girls who wear heels....

Options
JerseyGirlHeart
JerseyGirlHeart Posts: 133 Member
So I did my little victory shopping at the mall yesterday with my weight loss, and my 21 first birthday is 5 days away, and I just want to wear heels at the club! But I am 5'9'', and when I tried some stilettos on yesterday, not only was a towering over all the little girls in the store, but a girl bumped into me, and had to look way up, and she was like, whoa. I just want to know if any taller girls feel comfortable in heels, or not comfortable. Even men seem short when i wear heels, and all of my friends are less than 5'5''. I LOVE being tall, don't get me wrong, but i love heels too, but I feel like a giant monster in them haha. This is random I know, but anyone?

Replies

• julieisrad
    Options
    Just wear the heels. I'm almost 5'9" and I never get to experience heels but i always feel so much more sexy when I wear them. If you want to, then go for it. I don't usually wear heels when I go out, but most of the time I wish that I had. especially now that I've lost weight and I don't feel like an elephant. Being tall is a blessing. So I say embrace it.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10"ish...and I love to wear heels. I haven't always felt like that. When I was younger (your age!) I was self conscious and felt awkward. I wish I hadn't wasted so much time. Do yourself a favor and embrace your size and rock those heels! There is nothing more sexy than confidence.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I wear them every time I'm out with friends for drinks, and on dates only when the guy is at least 6'. I used to feel uncomfortable wearing them, but not anymore. Wear em! It's your birthday!
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    5'10 and I just got a cute pair of 3" boots for christmas :) The boyfriend is an inch shorter without heels on. It is all good ;)
  • aishdhar
    Options
    im 5'8(almost)
    n i simplyyyyyyyyy love hearin heels....
  • steffihoney
    Options
    I am 5'7" and I consider myself tall. And I love high heels! Rock em' with all the confidence you can!!!
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
  • hollykrumhp
    hollykrumhp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I wear heels whenever I can! Flaunt your model height. :)
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm not very tall but there is nothing sexier than a tall woman with 6 inch stilettos on!
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'8". My boyfriend is 5'9". I wear heels even around him :) lol i don't careee! They can deal with it if they have a problem! haha but i've always been tall, so i guess i'm used to it. :D
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Back in the day (here we go... LOL)... I stood 5'7.5" and wore the 5" heels.... Loved them... miss them!!! I don't have any place to wear them now... :-)
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10ish and wear heels everyday so I am at least over 6 feet. I don't mind and I prefer it that way. Wear the heels and enjoy it!
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hello- I am 5'10" and just wore a fantastic pair of 4" heels to my husband's work Christmas party. Needless to say this made me not only the tallest woman there but one of the tallest people! I think there were 3 maybe 4 men who were as tall or a little taller me. I really don't mind standing out in (or in this case above) the crowd!
  • OneLuckyRabbit
    OneLuckyRabbit Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow... All of these "tall" girls make me feel like an Amazon :tongue: . I am just a smidgen under 6' and am currently rocking my four inch boots for the New Year. It is nice to literally stand-out in the crowd.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and have no issues wearing heels.. It's not that we're too tall, it's that everyone else is too short :drinker:
    ok just kidding there, but really I don't have a problem with it.
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    May I offer a male's point of view? Actually, I'd like to offer my point of view as I can't speak for all men.

That being said, I agree with the rest of the ladies. I say embrace your height; wear the heels. Honestly, I find it unbelievably sexy when a woman of any height wears heels. For me, being 6'3", when a woman of your height wears heels of 3"+, it allows for perfect dancing partner!

Embrace your sexy!
  • silverfox678
    silverfox678 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Im 5'1 and love how Stilettos look on any women tall or petite. I always said if i would have had a daughter i would have wish she'd b at least 5'9 like the woman on my husband side of the family. Go out and Rock those sexy shoes. You're going to look gorgeous!
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Wear the heels and have fun.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' tall and love my heels. My favorite pair is a pair of Gucci 4" stilletos that my husband bought for me after our son was born. (Poor man had a bit of sticker shock when he realized what a really good pair of shoes cost!) I wear heels all the time, especially in court.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I think heels on all heights are fab. Also it takes a few more pounds of you visually so I say go for it. Strut your stuff.:bigsmile: