People who are cooking New Year's Eve's dinner at home - Wha

Options

Replies

• pirate4hire
    Options
    I made a pot roast with carrots and potates yesterday so tonight was oven baked pizza (from a box). Not very New Year's celebratory but quick and easy.
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Short ribs in red sauce with rigatoni! Stuffed mushrooms

New years day standing rib roast and lobster tail for my hubby!
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Nothing spectacular here we are having steak and baked potatoes with a little wine. :drinker:
  • Nikro
    Nikro Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nothing doing tonight...6 year old is just now getting over the flu and has been doing her body some good and sleeping.

We'll celebrate tomorrow...

Crab legs
    steak
    Vege
    potatoes

Ill have a glass of wine while making dinner.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    split pea soup in crock pot :)
  • havalinaaa
    havalinaaa Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm making a batch of lamb meatballs with couscous and yogurt sauce, plus a cheese plate and a chickpea, cucumber, tomato, olive, and feta salad. Couple of types of cookies and apple spice cupcakes for dessert, and several bottles of bubbly for the main event! Tomorrow we're having the traditional ham, black eyed peas, and cabbage for dinner. Probably some rice and gravy as well.
  • luvtrails
    luvtrails Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Well, traditional Pennsylvania Dutch New Year's Dinner...

Fresh Sourcraut (yicks, I've never written this word, help!) and pork. You cook the pork roast like you would a pot roast, adding the fresh you-know-what midway with some sliced onions and bay leaves. When the pork is falling off the bone tender, you take it out of the you-know -what mixture, remove the fat and bones and then chunk it up. You return the pork to the y-k-w and let it reduce until the y-k-w is brown and sweet. Serve this with greens, mashed potatoes, black eyed peas and apple sauce. Chow chow and shoe-fly-pie if you really want to do it German style. This is for good luck. We are going to have our good luck early!!!

Happy New Years,
    From, The vegetarian!!!!!
  • deshea_d
    Options
    I made steak stir fry (steak, red potato, red pepper, onion, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, zucchini, and splash of soy). I wanted to get a postive start toward my New Year's Resolutions, which are to continue to improve my eating habits and to be more financially responsible. I eat our entirely way too much which is not very financially responsible on my part. Stir fry is one of the things I will eat as left overs, so hopefully this is a good start toward both resolutions. Hope everyone enjoys their evening!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Oven baked breaded pork chop (breadcrumbs, ground ginger, egg white, soy sauce), baked potato with greek yogurt and a THIN slice of butter, french style green beans. Dessert will be a no bake cheesecake made with Splenda. I will have a glass of chocolate raspberry wine at midnight,
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I've finalized our treats for the evening....

Sausage Cheese Balls
    Shrimp w/ cocktail sauce
    Devilled Eggs
    Sliced Mozzarella with sliced tomatos and roasted red peppers
    Chips and dip (which I will stay away from!!!)
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Buffet toninght and Tomorrow it will be braised steak, roast potatos, steamed veg and gravy. Then it is back on the wagon until I reach my goal :drinker:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    My mum and I have steak and veggies, my dad and brother have fish so nothing bad - (my mum hates fih and I'm allergic) but once it hits midnight we have home made pikelets... The difference between this year and past is rather than having a plate of 20+ pikelets I only had 2 :)
  • mmcorner
    mmcorner Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    chicken kebobs and chicken biryani
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hubby's making a crab/cream cheese dip to have later but I was hungry for dinner and he wasn't so I just made myself a personal pizza (homemade, not frozen) and will just have a few Ritz crackers and a slice or two of cheese and some of his dip later. We're not big appetizer people and I AM trying to be good!! Would love to lose a pound on weigh in day!

Tomorrow will be a spiral ham, mashed white and sweet taters, Crispy broccoli casserole (new recipe I found) and a spoonful of black eye peas! I think we'll have shrimp cocktail too as I saw he is defrosting some!

Happy New Year everyone!!!
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    We were supposed to have some company this evening...but DD came down with the stomach flu late afternoon. :o/ We just made chili - but we do ours Tex-Mex style and we like to put it on top of tortilla chips with cheese and all the regular nacho fixins. Surprisingly this can be a very healthy meal and also very delicious! Happy New Year's MFP!
  • skheather
    skheather Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    We had local whitefish fillets and oven baked fries with coleslaw and dessert of crabapples with cloves.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Braised butternut squash with shallots and sage (from Epicurious--without chicken broth).
    Asparagus with caramelized shallots.
    Spinach sauteed in olive oil with garlic.

Yay for vegan new years!
  • El12abeth
    El12abeth Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    We got some flat iron steak from a local butcher, we're going to also have potatoes and asparagus. The finger foods and fondue sound really good but there's just two of us.
  • SoleSofocused
    Options
    Traditional black eye peas with smoked meat over rice, collard and mustard greens with smoked meat and my daughter made homemade chicken empanada's. Also made carb friendly crustless mini quiche with ham and spinach. Gotta have our pennies (black eye peas) and dollar bills (greens) to start the year off right, lol.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I made a thrown together casserole...kind of Southwest style. chicken breast, egg noodles (was out of brown rice) onion, corn, sliced black olives, rotel tomatoes and green chillies, velveeta cheese. Topped with a bit of shredded cheddar jack. Served with hot rolls. Dinner was under 500 calories.

I have calories left and am thinking about baking brownies. Have to figure the calorie count on the brownies.

Happy New Year!