Any other 5'4" ladies out there?

Options

Replies

• LeAngeRose
    Options
    I'm 5'3" (and 1/4") :smile: I started at 158lbs exactly a year ago. Was down to 140.4lbs about six months ago.... but I've gained about half of what I lost back. So I'm back at 150 now and working towards 124 lbs. I don't know why I have a goal weight that isn't a multiple of 5...I'm just weird like that. :happy:
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I'm a lil under 5'4 and currently weigh ~180 (39 yrs old). Short term weight goal is 150, and then I'll determine the next goal when I reach that. 130 sounds nice.
  • Bluejay789
    Bluejay789 Posts: 176
    Options
    I'm 5'4 174 pounds ... I was at 190. I am doing increments of 5 pounds. My goal right now is 170. Then my goal will be 169, then start back to 5 pounds again so I can try and get down to 135. You can do i!
  • Fit4sure
    Fit4sure Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My best weight (not my skinniest weight)...the weight that was easy for me and was "normal" when I was younger was 130-ish (130-138). That's easy for me to maintain right now. I was told to consider what is easy to maintain and think back on a time when I felt good in my skin (usually 18-20-ish) and consider what that weight was. If that weight was 150 for you that's what I'd shoot for and then see how you feel. My FIRST goal was 150. I was so stinkin' proud of myself when I got there and I looked GOOD! I felt good and I could have been happy there except that's not where my body wanted to be at the time. I kept losing until I got to where I am now and the weight loss stopped.

I guess what I'm saying is that you need to pick your own goal. It's not about a number per se but where you'll feel healthy and fit and what is easy to maintain. Losing just 10% of your body weight boosts major health benefits as it is. My doctor SET my goal weight at that 150 although the charts say 146 should be the upper end. Go with what you want to achieve and ask your doctor about it. They know more about what's best for your body considering how long you've been the weight you are now, etc...That doctor would know all the things we all don't know. We're telling you OUR goal weight and where we feel comfortable. I noticed some who are 5'4" are in the 120's...that's not a do-able thing for me. It would be hard for me to maintain that but it's probably not hard for them.

Please don't be discouraged. Be ENCOURAGED to lose the weight slowly and at each 5-10 lb. goal...celebrate and when you get to 150...evaluate what YOU want and how YOU feel and don't go with what anyone else (at 5' 4" tall) has done.
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Good idea to have a goal in mind. You can always change it when you get there if it doesn't seem right. Height is a factor of course but so is muscle mass. My triathlete daughter is 5'5" and very thin at 145. She does weight lifting and has well developed muscles. Just for comparison I am 5 '1" and not as thin at 125 because my fat to muscle ratio is higher. Hope that is helpful. Congrats on your losses!
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i am at my highest now but in past i went from 150 to 169 and could not get lower and just stayed the same never pushed it harder lol so i am so trying for 140 and then see from there but i have a long way to go after the past 2 years. u look great though
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Judging by most of you and your goals, I'm guessing 150-155 isn't a good weight for my goal. Should I honestly be at 130?
    Well this is discouraging. :/

It really depends on your body type.. I have a medium frame and carry absolutely no weight on my chest :-( ... But 150-155 for someone 5'4" does seem a little high.. I'd say go for the 140's and then see how you feel when you get there. Only you can know what the right weight is for your body!

i have a friend who is 5 4 also and she weighs from 145 to 150 and looks damn good it def depends on your body type...my smallest was 169 and people could not believe i wanted to lose 30 more but i knew i needed it lmao
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" :} my highest weight was 150ish lbs, right now I am 124. At one point I was 108, but that was not through healthy methods. Here's a photo of me at 127 - I'm not sure how to post images but i'll see if this works:

ninjas.png

sorry the image is so rude, lol! i don't know if anyone here knows die antwoord but we had just saw him in concert and this is something he did while declaring we were "all ninjas". weird dude. I'm on the left. :) this photo is quite flattering to my tummy but there is definitely a bit of a gut hiding there :P
  • Reia80
    Reia80 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I started at 152. Now I'm 136. I was going to stop at 130, but I think now, I may go down to 125. Any skinnier than that and my body just don't look healthy...too skinny, you know? And I can't figure out how to add a pic. Haha!
  • undermajorconstruction
    Options
    Bump
  • tgnzmum
    tgnzmum Posts: 41
    Options
    I am also 5'4 and weigh in at 169lbs. My goal is to be approx 145lbs.
    Happy New Year!!!! =)
  • LauraMcCullough
    LauraMcCullough Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in the EXACT same boat! Friends?
  • pinguina8
    pinguina8 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    5'3", started at 147 lbs, down to 125!
  • beccaroo7
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and currently 202 pounds. I've never been this heavy and am sick of it. My goal weight is 125 pounds.
  • jkmurphy06
    jkmurphy06 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Im 5'4" and started at 133 and am now down to 113-115 depending on the day. I'm not trying to lose anymore weight just gain more muscle and strength. My before and afters are on my profile. :) Good luck everyone.
  • DietPep1978
    Options
    I'm 5' 3.5"! I just hit "reset" with the start of this new year...love the thread!
  • bjsel
    bjsel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Seems there's a lot of us 5'4 ladies out there. ;) I started last year at 189 after I quit smoking (which put another 12 pounds on my already large frame) so I knew I had to do something. Currently I am at 167 and have plans to get to 130 (funny how so many of us feel that's a good weight for our height - yeah!) Good luck to all of us!
  • Kotasmommy
    Kotasmommy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4'' and weigh 191 right now. I've lost 9lbs since I have joined back in September. I kind of lost my motivation for a while but I'm getting it back. The heaviest I have ever been is when I joined MFP. My goal weight is 125-130. Feel free to add me I'm on daily.
  • Boring2Fit
    Options
    Hey I'm around 5'4'' as well (just a bit under haha). My goal is to be around 53kg (~116 pounds), probably no less cause i have a large frame.
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", and my goal weight is also 130. I was 125-130 for years, until I hit 40 and had a second child. Now, my set point seems to be 145-150 pounds. I've dieted and exercised my heart out, and got below 140 once, only to gain it back again. I've had two kids, and am mid-40's. I have pictures on my page. But, I'm back to trying . . . again!