Good bye Ramen Noodles!

Options
12346»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,621 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them all the time until I got onto this site. SOOOO bad for you!!
    According to whom? Like any other food, if eaten in moderation and accounted for, then shouldn't hamper weight loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    The strategy of Limiting trumps Eliminating every time. Unless we're talking deadly habits such as smoking.
  • punkin79314
    Options
    I had to reply. I LOVE ramen!! Now do I eat it all the time, nope, just occasionally when I need a ramen fix! Not going to deny myself, just eat it in moderation!
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You will pry my ramen noodles from my sodium-inflated cold dead hands. Cooked with an egg & some bok choy, then a spash of mirin & some sriatcha, om nom nom.

Oh, my. Must try this.
  • jovz10
    jovz10 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I had to reply. I LOVE ramen!! Now do I eat it all the time, nope, just occasionally when I need a ramen fix! Not going to deny myself, just eat it in moderation!

same here! there is a day that i just gotta have it and log it in. :) when i do, i add boiled egg, green onions, fresh slice onion, cilantro, bean sprout, mushroom and napa cabbage.... yummy!
  • HugznKiki
    HugznKiki Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    If you love Ramen and do not want to give it up try Dr McDougle's Ramen Big Cups. Loaded with nutrients, way lower sodium than traditional Ramen and pretty freaking delicious.

6921816.png

Thats good to know..because I like Ramen Noodles, but didn't know it was so horrible for you...its been a while since I've had them though...I usually break them out around this time of year for a warm treat
  • parkygirl
    parkygirl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I switched to the ah-mazing HooRooRook noodles. Delicious and not fried at all. Only 300 calories for the whole package too. I found them at HEB and they are a $1 a package. Never going back to regular ramen again.

Here's a nice blog post about them here: http://www.lisadang.com/2010/11/hooroorook-ramen-noodles.html
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    The texture is a little off putting at first, which is why I prefer the angel hair noodle size, however the taste is not bad at all...it's tofu so it takes on the taste of whatever you cook it in (chicken broth, spaghetti sauce)....one of my low cal meals is Shirataki noodles with pasta sauce or low fat fetucchini sauce and Morning Star chicken patty (prepared like chicken parm).... my kids and I like it so much we'd eat seconds...AND WE CAN because the calories or so low
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Use half a pack of seasoning it tastes the same, and add veggies. Problem semi-solved.
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    can someone please answer my question of " what are ramen noodles"? i have never heard of them before.... what do you put in with them, how do you cook them, etc..
    Go to the dry soup area of your local grocery store and look for the "blocks"...priced about 20 cents each or "cups of noodles"...it's cheap "food" (using the term loosely) .... It tastes good but is not good for the body
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Use half a pack of seasoning it tastes the same, and add veggies. Problem semi-solved.

Mmmm, that's what I do--lots of veggies, and I drop an egg in just before I serve it... egg drop soup, my fave! I actually haven't ramen noodles in ages, I just have soup broth with veggies and egg. It's one of my favourite snacks.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    can someone please answer my question of " what are ramen noodles"? i have never heard of them before.... what do you put in with them, how do you cook them, etc..

Google.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Try Sea Tangle kelp noodles... you can doctor them up with all kinds of stuff like regular noodles. Good stuff, and very healthy. Low carb too.