Options

Replies

• Johnnycell
    Options
    Always.
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Sexy is a brain thing - not a body thing. At least to me.
    I was sexy at 255 and I'm sexy now!

Maya

AMEN!!!
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Ladies, being sexy has nothing to do with the way you look.

It is all in the way you act and feel about yourself.

Honestly. The men will agree with me here.

THIS! I do feel sexy most days. I have my moments of not, HOWEVER... when I go out, I wear clothes that make me feel good and look good. I love torrid (50% off clearance) They have some really hot clothes!!!

There is a skirt in my closet I got from a thrift store. Its a size 14 I believe. I keep it because I can't wait to fit back into it! It made me feel like a HOTTIE:)

If you have to focus on good things about you when you are having down days... Like good hair, good make up, how hot your feet look in those new shoes, you will start to see yourself in a whole new light.

I believe sexy is an attitude:)

And I also believe that "fat and ugly" are NOT THE SAME THING!!!!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I try to but usually I don't feel that way:-( I think I beat myself up to much on how I look or feel
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    To chrissi_k: Thanks but you know what? I thought the *exact* same thing about you. It's a lovely picture of you and your husband.

I've noticed many sexy people on here not feeling that way about themselves. I hope that MFP can help some folks bring their sexy back!
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i do now but i didnt 80lbs ago..
  • tikanique
    tikanique Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    it depends on the day. Some days I walk around thinking Sofia Vergara wishes she were as hot as me. Other days I feel more like Sophia Petrillo.
  • MsKittyCAT
    Options
    This thread saddens me. EVERY woman should feel sexy EVERYDAY!!

It is not a weight or a look it is something that you have on the inside and it spills over and cant be contained. I wake up every morning and put on something that smells amazing(lotion or perfume or both). Then I put on awesome matching bra and panties. I love underclothes. I collect them like most women collect shoes. I always make sure they match each other and usually my outfit too. I love push up bras, they make me feel like I can conquer the world. If you dont have great underclothes invest in some sexy ones and see how that changes your attitude!! They dont have to be expensive, just fun. I even have sexy "that time of the month"
    undies. I refuse to ever wear granny drawers, or nude colored bras or anything white. I have thight high stockings, my fav place to wear them is to church! I love high heels even tho I am 5'11".

I have been overweight, underweight, have horrible skin, babyfat, been married, divorced, dated and am currently single and no one, I REPEAT - NO ONE, can ever take my sexy from me. I have mojo baby, and I have swagga. Everyone who sees me know so and that just how I like it. Never let anyone, thing or circumstance take ur sexy from you. use 2012 to BRING SEXY BACK and u will be the happiest you have ever been...

Winking at u already...
    Mel

I need more of Mel's attitude. I've been up and down the scale and currently all my fun sexy clothes and underclothes are not fitting. I feel disgusted when I see myself naked and even embarrassed when I see pics of myself in clothes because they just aren't flattering. My weight is only part of it, depression is a bigger issue and just not taking care of ME by doing things to pamper myself. Gotta find that sexy flirty naughty kitty I used to be and reclaim her!
  • RosalindaP
    RosalindaP Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I agree sexy is an attitude, it's in your confidence and the way you carry yourself...not in your appearance or the clothes you wear. My man loves curves and has had no complaints, I am losing weight for me. Now that I am working out again I know I feel better and it shows. I can flaunt it in a tee shirt and boy shorts just as much as in club gear and stillettos...but it still feels good to catch him still staring as I walk by in my pjs :wink:
  • cynlee1626
    Options
    Ditto. I can't believe I have let myself get this out of shape. But we can do this. I am taking small steps this time and not plunging in. When I dive in to a diet full force, I get really burned out. I am doing my 1330 calories Monday through Friday and not counting calories on the weekend. I have to have something to look forward to. I don't plan to go overboard on the weekend but I do intend to enjoy a nice dinner at a restaurant every weekend.
    13972728.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew how to get back my sexy attitude. I used to have it. I remember feeling that way but I am so far from it I can't see how I can get it back. It's actually a problem for me, I recognize that I need to re-group and learn to feel attractive and sexy but I don't even know where to start. it's not a weight thing, it's something else.
  • kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options

If I said what I think about this quote, I'm sure I'd get my head ripped off. So will just say by experience, this is not true in 99% of mens eyes.

I guess I'm the exception then...becuase confidence is super attractive to me.
  • amymaria91
    Options
    Hell yeah baby!! :bigsmile:

Well most of the time anyway. I never felt sexy until I met someone who reminds me all the time :smooched:
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options

If I said what I think about this quote, I'm sure I'd get my head ripped off. So will just say by experience, this is not true in 99% of mens eyes.

then you're probably hanging out with the wrong crowd. I've had men not be interested in me because their physical preference is different than my bodyshape, but that doesn't have anything to do with *me*. That is exclusively on *them* and, really, they are far more the minority in my experience (about 20 years of "manhandling")
  • mkmacf
    mkmacf Posts: 101
    Options
    I am 290something and 5'8" and I definitely feel sexy (even if maybe I shouldn't). Doesn't mean I don't want to get healthier and sexier, but I already feel appealing (at least to my husband!).
  • MrsLythgoe
    Options
    I feel sexy every time my boyfriend look at me clothed and unclothed. Like he just cant get enough. But when I look at myself unclothed... :frown: When I look at myself with clothes on, especially in my skinny jeans, I think I am the hottest chick around lol.

i'm the same x
  • quigonnjae
    Options
    NEVER really have felt myself outwardly sexy .. I try to take solace in ( what I hope ) is my intelligence and approachability ..
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    i do now but i didnt 80lbs ago..
    And I didn't 70 lbs ago either.
    Because I just wasn't.

The last thing I needed was a spouse enabler ready to lie to me about how sexy I was fat.
    Sometimes the right medicine is the dose that taste the worse.

One of the reasons we've such an epidemic of obesity is that we've become too PC and just won't tell it like it is.
    No offense folks; I wish each and every one of you all the best.
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I have never felt sexy...When I was actually a good normal weight I wasn't old enough to be thinking in terms of sexiness...by the time I hit high school I started gaining weight and was never confident enough to think I was sexy, and still am not there. I hate my body, I hate the way I look, and even when people tell me I look good or guys say I look sexy, I don't believe them...I think they are all lying and jus trying to make me feel better...but it doesn't make me feel better...it makes me feel worse because all I hear is lying....it's a lot of mental with me I'm sure...I just feel disgusted when I look at myself...definitely not sexy...
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

I guess I'm the exception then...becuase confidence is super attractive to me.

No you are not the exception. At least not in my experience. All my friends are men and they would agree with you.