UNDER-WHERE? Girls only topic ;)

Options

Replies

• MLeigh18
    MLeigh18 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    have any of y'all ever done squats or lunges in bikini, boy shorts, grandma panties, anything other than a thong? Every time I wear anything other than a thong, I'm ALWAYS doing the pantie-up-the-*kitten*-grab dance. It's frustrating and really annoying.

Keep it simple and keep it light. And no you don't run the risk of getting a UTI from wearing a thong if you shower and change after you workout. Silly.
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Bahaha! Okay I totally feel inspired to go out and buy a bunch of sexy sport underwear now and try them all! :bigsmile:
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info and the laughs

So cannot go commando - I have this weird fear that as you rub the fabric, a fabric ball will end up where I don't want it.....
  • Slugsasarus
    Slugsasarus Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I wear yoga pants a lot to work out and I've always had the hardest time with underwear! I've found the best to be Victoria's Secret lace "cheekies." Who wears lace underwear when they work out? I know...but seriously, it's comfortable and doesn't show underwear lines in tighter pants! Also, VS has cotton panties that has lace around the top and legs so no underwear lines...I like those too!
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    i've been dying laughing reading this...:laugh:

i have some that fall down, some that ride up, and thongs feel like they're gonna split me in half starting in my butt crack when i workout (yes, even my cotton ones). definitely gonna check out all these suggestions!!

i have a pair i bought to surprise my bf (now hubby) several years ago that are SO COMFY and i discovered were great for workouts-american apparel, I think the design is called "classic girl", it's a tighty-whitey design but the weenie hole doesn't go all the way through:grumble: :laugh:
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    When I played volleyball I never wore any, most bun huggers are made so that they don't have to be worn with anything because they have an extra liner in them. Once I get back in better shape, I'll probably go back to wearing commando bun huggers for working out. Right now I work out in just cotton bikinis under my leggings.
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    There is no way I could wear a thong when I work out. Don't get me wrong, love them to death, but not when I'm that active - especially since I'm primarily a runner.

I don't wear any. All my running bottoms are form fitting (non-compression), moisture-wicking technical fabrics. No need to wear anything extra. Just makes more laundry.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I like string bikini cut or thongs.

Up until 3 years ago This is what I wore most days. Yes, they were uncomfortable, but necessary in situations. Now that I am older and much fatter I wear briefs. I am alone, no one sees them so I don't care.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    My sister convinced me to buy these hybrid looking underwear on sale at VS and they sound like what you're looking for. The front is full like a bikini but they have a wide (maybe 2-3 inch) lace (i.e. very lightweight) band and the butt is like a thong. Maybe it's just a fancy thong but it wears really nicely under yoga pants :wink:

Tangas, I think that's what they call them

Yes! I have thongs with a wide lace top --and I love them...but I heard thongs were bad. THEN, I went running on the treadmill with them and thought I'd have to have them surgically removed! Seriously! LOL

I wear these same thongs with the wide lace top exclusively..I really have never had a problem with wedgies during exercise...generally they stay where they start out :) Maybe it's a brand thing...I got all mine at Old Navy but now suddenly they don't carry them anymore :(
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Thong or nothing. I don't really like wearing them, they get all sweaty too its gross. I only wear black workout pants so no thong sweat lines show.
  • taylorbrown1792
    taylorbrown1792 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Well. All my underwear become thongs and I dont even notice until the end of the day XD I honestly dont care what I wear to workout.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I wear gym shorts and no underwear

underwear has a tendency to ride up which detracts from my training!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    CNN has an article on their website called '5 Things Not to Wear to the Gym'. I have to say... #5 is the best reason I've ever seen to not wear a thong to the gym! EWWWW - Gross!

www.cnn.com/2011/12/16/living/things-not-to-wear-to-gym-o/index.html?iref=obnetwork
  • danipals
    danipals Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I totally recognize your joke from a Rescue Heroes video my boys used to LOVE! That joke never gets old for them! I found the best underwear at Sam's Club of all places. It is by Nicole Miller and is a microfiber material. It doesn't ride up and is thin enough that it doesn't show panty lines like my other undies. I cannot handle commando and these are my all time favorite underwear for gym and under my regular clothes.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I have found the best underwear ever! I tossed all of my old ones after finding Jockey Bikini, fits nice and snug, stays put durring exercise and is 100% cotton and the side of the underwear are about three inches wide not strings. Other underwear have rolled over one butt cheek and was so hard not to pick it out. Also I had a C-section years ago and have the dredded apron that bikini underwear has always rolled down and laid on my c-section scare, very annoying. The jockey stay put and I love them!
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I wear Bridget jones style granny pants to work out, they are made of microfiber so they don't get nasty and sweaty, and they stay put have never had them bunch up or the top roll down! They are the most ugly underwear I have ever seen but I only wear for the gym so I don't care! For spin class I wear padded bike shorts instead under my workout pants.
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Who wears lace underwear when they work out?

*raises hand*

Thongs. Bikini and boy short underwear don't work well on girls with big butts.
  • lorals05
    Options
    My sister convinced me to buy these hybrid looking underwear on sale at VS and they sound like what you're looking for. The front is full like a bikini but they have a wide (maybe 2-3 inch) lace (i.e. very lightweight) band and the butt is like a thong. Maybe it's just a fancy thong but it wears really nicely under yoga pants :wink:

These are what I wear as well. The lace really doesn't go anywhere and the thong part is wide enough that it doesn't travel to kingdom come while you are running!
  • sioark55
    sioark55 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This has made my day! I got a funny look from my boyfriend when I burst out laughing!! :laugh:
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of Lacies last night from VS, I will try them today when I go for my training session and give a review for anyone else who had never heard of them :D