30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• mkaiwaiters
    Options
    It is such a coincidence that so many people started within these few days. I am literally about to go take a shower from finishing my first day. I would love to join.
  • melbaby925
    Options
    I am in. I started on the 2nd. Is everyone doing more then the 30 day shred or is that going to be the only workout you do? I plan on doing the dvd everyday and 4-5 times throughout the week I will add some more cardio via elliptical or treadmill.

I'm walking between 2-5 miles a day with one of my girlfriends and our dogs.

I just finished Day 2 and haven't fallen out yet, so count me in!
  • ItsMichaela
    Options
    I finished level 1, day 4 today and decided to take a peek at levels 2 and 3 - my butt and shoulders were burning just watching! I won't stop until I have a nice butt though, so here goes nothing, 6 more days of level 1 and I'm onto the tough stuff!
  • ojarwa
    ojarwa Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in, just started yesterday!
  • az0226
    az0226 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :smile: Count me in.Day 1 tomorrow morning
  • JSMSDSAS05
    JSMSDSAS05 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I actually just started it earlier today also. I also posted about it and had actually started to type in my post about starting a group and then deleted that part! So I will definetly join! And Holy Crap, it's a workout! I was sweating more than when I go to the gym on the elliptical for 40 minutes! But I do plan on going to the gym 5-6 days out of the week to do that.
    So have you decided yet what we are doing to keep track? Weight? Inches???
    I'm excited. LETS DO THIS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DANIELLALMANZAR
    Options
    Add me too please!!
  • ItsMichaela
    Options
    I'm tracking inches and weight every 10 days and then I'm going to weigh myself on day 32 (after not working out at all on day 31) to get a better representative of my weight. I always find I weigh more when I work out because my muscles are holding water for repair, so it'll be nice to weigh in after resting.
  • Katiemae242
    Options
    I would love to join in!! I've seen quite a few before and after images from people that have done the 30DS and the results are AMAZING! I'm hoping for the same for all of us :)
  • Naysie84
    Options
    I just did my first day of the 30 day shred and I'm curious how those of you who are also doing this are tracking it in My fitness pal. Thanks for any help you may be able to give.
  • AugustaJane
    Options
    Sounds fun! I'd like to do it!
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    question for those doing 30DS... is this all you do at night for a workout? or do you add something else every night? I started this program and then stopped a week or so ago... mind as well start it up again! :)
  • PATRICEFREEMAN
    Options
    I started on Monday i would like to join as well!
  • TamTam4life
    Options
    I'm going to see if I can find this!!! I want to do it, but gots to find it first!!!
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I just started today and it was a pretty intense 20 minutes! I'm also curious to know whether others are doing more cardio (or strength?) on top of it. I'm thinking about adding in some more cardio once I've gotten the hang of it, but for now the DVD alone is plenty.
  • godiva99
    Options
    I think I'll stick with this group...I started yesterday and so far so good. It was easy the first day, but was sore this morning. I got myself out of bed and did the second day workout. My abs, quads and shoulders are sore...

I think it be great to track both inches and weight weekly!
    I have to take my measurements again...took them last in October!
  • shopewell70
    shopewell70 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I know you asked for opinions on whether or not to do a weigh in and it seems like most are unsure. I started the 30DS about a month or so ago and I found that I did lose weight and inches. Now I was becoming frustrated because the scales were not moving but I was working my tail off. Till the day I grabbed a hold of a pair of jeans that were like hip huggers and when I put them on I found them to be very loose on the sides. So I am convinced you lose more inches than you do pounds. But it is a huge success to lose either or even both. So maybe we can post both - pounds lost and inches lost -.....Just an idea..
  • scarlettd12
    scarlettd12 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! I just started yesterday. It didn't seem too bad until I tried it again today. Kicked my BUTT!!! I'm already dreading tomorrow haha But I feel so good in the morning. This group will help with my motivation. I have seen great results with this program so I hope I can stick to it.
  • Dickersondiva
    Dickersondiva Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I started Monday! Today I rested, but did an hour of cardio on the elliptical. Is anyone else giving themselves resting days? Or are you just burning straight through?

Monday was rough. I couldn't do pushups to save my life. But the second day did get better. And I felt GREAT after both workouts. On level 1 of course. I plan to incorporate additional cardio with the shred.

For those who are asking how to track it, use 20 min of circuit training under cardio...after all, that's what it is. If you track it under strength training, then it wont add back into your calorie count.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I have just ordered this from Amazon and I can't wait for it to arrive. Problem is, estimated dispatch date is 13-18 January.

At least I have something to look forward too.