Replies

• czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Bump!!!!!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Sunday night. Maybe did a little damage to the calories today? Didn't get out to exercise?

Make a U Turn. Right now. Not tomorrow. NOW. Tomorrow you may be in the ditch.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :glasses:
  • fairylovrgrl
    Options
    Wow! I never thought of it that way before. I was always in the thinking of "I've already messed up, I might as well keep going."

I will definitely keep this idea in mind.

Thanks!:wink:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I guess Monday is the day to bump this, but why not just before the weekend? :So have a nice weekend, everyone, and make the U-turn now, if needed - saves you some gasoline-money :wink: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    This is one of my favs.........
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I wanted to share something that has helped me, not only with dieting, but in life in general...

In the book, "You! On a Diet" it says, (and I paraphrase) if you slip up (say eat 1/2 a cake or go for an extra slice of pizza) simply make a "U-Turn." It likens it to the GPS system in your car... if you miss a turn, it doesn't say... well, you've screwed up now, you might as well go all the way in the wrong direction. No. Instead it says, at your next possible opportunity, make a U-Turn.

Using this logic, there is no longer such a thing as a "gateway" food or an excuse to give up. Because if you screw up, just make a U-Turn and get back on the right course.

108209_5397_thumb.jpg
  • NinaDawn79
    NinaDawn79 Posts: 164
    Options
    LOLing at your monkey Jeannie!

And loving this mentality, I am certainly going to apply it right NOW!
  • czewwhat
    Options
    bump!
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    I'm making a U-Turn right now ya'll. I was away for almost two months (well, mostly away). I'm back from outer space and I am not going to give up. Can I get a WOOT WOOT?!?
  • czewwhat
    Options
    I'm making a U-Turn right now ya'll. I was away for almost two months (well, mostly away). I'm back from outer space and I am not going to give up. Can I get a WOOT WOOT?!?

WOOT WOOT! I missed you there Tweber! U turn right back into our lives! WOOT WOOT!
  • NinaDawn79
    NinaDawn79 Posts: 164
    Options

Welcome WOOT! back WOOT!
  • iTim__
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone!
  • czewwhat
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

I thought you forgot us! Left us in the dust of a hot new body! Welcome back and lets get this done!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    bumpanimatedxxanimexx1424photobucke.gif

You don't have to go down the wrong road. Turn around.

uturnsmallest.png
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :drinker:
  • iTim__
    Options
    Bump!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hey you! Where have you been??
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    bmp...i agree...need this more today than ever!