Shakeology VS Herbalife

Options

Replies

• deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    From what I've heard the nutrients in herbalife are supper crappy low quality. Someone on here did the research and I'm not sure where the thread is. I have had herballife though and it is tastey but what I've read and the eval done on my by them was TOTAL bull****, the person that owned the store and the company really misinformed me. I also don't know anyone who's lost weight with it, including myself, and knew all the customers and employees where I went.

I don't recommend herbalife
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I used to be a distributor for Herbalife. I used their green program back in 2001. Lost 30 lbs in around 6 weeks. It really shocked and impressed me so I started selling it. then during the big efedra (spelling?) conflict they changed their recipe. After the first round I waited around a year and did the green package again. It didn't do anything with the new recipe except make me sweat. There weren't any jitters with either recipe though. I also tried the Gold package and was so jittery I couldn't concentrate. I stopped selling it when I went back to school. The basic packages were pricey (over $140/month), and to get the best results you needed close to $100 of additional supplements. So my opinion is that since the recipe change (which was probably necessary) there isn't enough of an advantage to justify the price.
  • mommyoverboard
    Options
    It's a tie. No and No.
    ^^ This
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Opinion amended. Herbalife is a scam too. All MLM's are. If they had such good products they could sell them on their own in stores. They instead recruit people to recruit people (yada yada) who will pressure friends and family into buying the product. There's no other reason to sell goods the way a MLM does.

Ever known someone who signed up to sell those Cutco knives? Same thing here.
  • angiereeves33
    Options
    it's all good. No hurt feelings or blubbering here.

It works for me, as I said. Not trying to push it. I'm no salesperson.

Just answering the woman's question with my experience.

Moving on.
  • Witchylady
    Options
    I used Herbalife a few years ago prior to becoming ill and having surgeries. We used the shakes and snack bars as a family and found it to be very productive in our weight loss goals and still give us the nutrition we needed. Now that my health has somewhat stabilized and I'm back on "the wagon," I wish it wasn't so expensive.

So, in my opinion, Herbalife is a good product and if you can afford it, go for it! Now I'm curious on the Shakeology.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    The real competition here is:

Overpriced hyped up crap VS. Real foods that naturally contain nutritional value
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I use the herbalife shake in between my breakfast and lunch. Its only 90 calories. I add fruit and it helps me make it to lunch. Some people use it instead of a meal...... Sorry but I'd rather eat something to help me lose weight.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Opinion amended. Herbalife is a scam too. All MLM's are. If they had such good products they could sell them on their own in stores. They instead recruit people to recruit people (yada yada) who will pressure friends and family into buying the product. There's no other reason to sell goods the way a MLM does.

Ever known someone who signed up to sell those Cutco knives? Same thing here.
    I had to tell my daughter about the Cutco scam, her and her boyfriend were falling for it, hook line and sinker. Of course at first she thought I was just being negative....now she realizes I was right.
  • tlsegar
    tlsegar Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Herbalife I don't know about but Shakeology is a MLM (Multi-Level Marketing). To me that translates to scam. Other well known MLM's are Amway and Mary Kay cosmetics.

I'm just curious and realize I'm going off topic, but how is Mary Kay a scam? I don't sell it or buy it on the regular. But I'm confused by that statement.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I use the herbalife shake in between my breakfast and lunch. Its only 90 calories. I add fruit and it helps me make it to lunch. Some people use it instead of a meal...... Sorry but I'd rather eat something to help me lose weight.

Can you post the ingredient list?
  • Spruillie03
    Spruillie03 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I just started using Herbalife. I like it so far, and I don't feel at all hungry after having the shakes. I'm pretty sure it's one of those multi-level merchandise thingies, but I have to admit, the guy I get it from is pretty outstanding. He owns his own healthy living store and promotes more than just Herbalife. He (and his two employees) offer us weekly meetings, boot camp classes, online motivation, Biggest Loser-style competitions, monthly get togethers (like bowling) etc. I'm pretty sure my guy is the exception to the average Herbalife seller, but so far I'm really happy with the results.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Im just curious if anyone does either and what they think of it. I was looking into Herbalife 24, its more for people who workout all the time and shakeology well, that is just good for anyone i know but both are very expensive. Thoughts?
    Any of these pyramid MLM scams are a total waste.
    RUN!!!!!!!:embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed:
  • brittbergh
    brittbergh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    why does it have to be a cult thing? Protein powder people arent cult like? If it works for you and you can afford it then go for whatever. Research and formulate your own opinion, this is what I like this do and go with what I learned. Like I said I like shake-o but even at the coachs price its pricey, so most of the time I do a protein shake.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    Im just curious if anyone does either and what they think of it. I was looking into Herbalife 24, its more for people who workout all the time and shakeology well, that is just good for anyone i know but both are very expensive. Thoughts?
    Any of these pyramid MLM scams are a total waste.
    RUN!!!!!!!:embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed:

In general, yes. But there are exceptions. Amsoil oil is a very high quality oil and it's sold like mlm.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    why does it have to be a cult thing? Protein powder people arent cult like? If it works for you and you can afford it then go for whatever. Research and formulate your own opinion, this is what I like this do and go with what I learned. Like I said I like shake-o but even at the coachs price its pricey, so most of the time I do a protein shake.
    When I buy my Optimum Nutrition brand whey powder, people from Optimum Nutrition are NOT trying to convince me to sell their product. There is your cult example.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

I just took a look at it, as suspected it uses inferior forms of vitamins and minerals, soy protein, an herbal diuretic and bunch of label filler
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Herbalife I don't know about but Shakeology is a MLM (Multi-Level Marketing). To me that translates to scam. Other well known MLM's are Amway and Mary Kay cosmetics.
    I'm just curious and realize I'm going off topic, but how is Mary Kay a scam? I don't sell it or buy it on the regular. But I'm confused by that statement.
    He listed them as being an MLM -- which they are.
  • Jeff92se
    Options

I just took a look at it, as suspected it uses inferior forms of vitamins and minerals, soy protein, an herbal diuretic and bunch of label filler

I was looking for an ingredient that surpresses hunger too.
  • thatch76
    Options
    Tried Shakeolgy. Didn't work for me! It tastes bad also! Just sticking to great foods!
This discussion has been closed.