169 Calorie BIG, BIG, BIG Bowl Of Noodles

Options

Replies

• kiwinermal
    Options
    Wow! Sounds so good. Can't wait to try it. Thanks!
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I use shiritake noodles in the place of spaghetti. Words to the wise:

1. RINSE THEM WELL and 2. PARBOIL or MICROWAVE them

They smell like fish from the depths of hell when you open them.

Don't get psyched up thinking it is gonna taste like pasta. You can use it in pasta and I actually like them, but they don't taste like or have the texture of pasta. One of my MFP peeps HATES them and would puke if I even suggested she eat them. I actually had them in meat sauce tonight for dinner.
  • madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    is there an after pic? like once it is prepared? thanks for sharing!
  • Manysongs
    Manysongs Posts: 137
    Options
    Sounds good...gonna have to try this. Thanks!! :)
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Thanks for sharing :)
  • Fnarkk
    Fnarkk Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mimimaus
    Options
    just had shiritaki noodkes for the first time ever- after reading this topic last night.

what can i say? well thank you soooooo much for posting about these noodles. i absolutely loved them!!
  • AmberM6912
    Options
    yum!
  • allaboutfamily
    allaboutfamily Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing!!!!!
  • acquiescent
    Options
    bump
  • weaverfit
    weaverfit Posts: 124
    Options
    I just made shirataki egg drop soup tonight for dinner with a little chicken breast added in. One bowl did it! I'm full.
  • arichardson750
    Options
    This sounds awesome! I can't wait to give this a try! Thank you very much for sharing.
  • rachbry5
    rachbry5 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Save.
  • mrskelby
    Options
    This sounds delish and may be just the substitute that I'm looking for when I'm craving pasta. I'm not a huge fan of bean sprouts, but may like them better if they are fried in a pan. Would be awesome though to toss some broccoli in it too. When I go to the store this weekend, I will have to find these. Thanks for sharing!:smile:
  • Fashionista012
    Fashionista012 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    yum! do you guys know cup o noodles? will this taste like that? I love them. also if anyone knows how to make the Lo mein sauce (like in restaurants) can they let me know? thank you
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Anne's old fashioned chicken base- is this a ready made stock? Could I substitute a little veg stock?

Also- never knew you could freeze bean sprouts! That's great cos they're a bit pricey where i live, and i never finish a pack in time.

Thanks
  • Fashionista012
    Options
    wow i just made this. i made 2 huge mistakes...1. I used regular soy sauce instead of low sodium, and added a bit of garlic salt.. i used 3 cubes of chicken bullion knorr, and I put in green peas instead of bean sporouts. IT WAS SO SALTY, but if it wasnt that salty, it would have been the most delicious this ever! next time low sodium soy sauce, and no garlic salt and I will use 2 bullion cubes instead. thanks for this idea!!
  • Fashionista012
    Options
    i just logged in my meal and 3 chicken bullion cubes has about 8000 mg of sodium. Be careful with that. I am sure I used the wrong amount. Otherwise was great, thank you!!
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    i just logged in my meal and 3 chicken bullion cubes has about 8000 mg of sodium. Be careful with that. I am sure I used the wrong amount. Otherwise was great, thank you!!

I wish I could go back and edit the post but it won't let me. The chicken paste I use is ready made and great for starting a stock. When I buy boullion cubes I buy the lower sodium ones. I've even found some, on occasion, that are sodium free. Veggie stock cubes are fine, too.

Losing 64 pounds dropped my blood pressure so much that I don't pay much attention to sodium anymore. I went from a steady 145/88 to a rock solid 107/70-- without medication.

I need to do a long post on shirataki noodles because I make them every day and fix then dozens of different ways.