Let's Kick off the New Year Right Challenge (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• JoseMedina21
    JoseMedina21 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, the burn is in full effect. As of Wednesday, here are the standings. I will only put overall team scores. I have emailed the individuals who haven't reported any challenges yet.

DC = Daily Challenges
    JJs = Jumping Jacks

Team #1 - 17/30 (DC) - 650/5000 (JJ's)
    Team #2 - 21/30 (DC) - 1150/5000 (JJs)
    Team #3 - 17/30 (DC) - 1400/5000 (JJs)

Team #2 is leading with daily challenges, but Team #3 is kicking butt in the weekly Jumping Jack challenge
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Yay, go Team 3! :flowerforyou:

Now let's get them daily challenges done, we've got some catching up to do!
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    It was sooo hard to get out of my bed today, by doing 30 DS and this challenge. well its a very good feeling (*_*)
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    one.png

Team 1 where you at?!? I been M-I-A , Broke my pinky toe earlier this week but I WILL be doing all the daily challenges and jumping jacks before the week is through!
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    My arms hurt so.. good? Haha.
    I don't wanna do the tricep dips! :(
  • Apryl546
    Options
    40 tricep dips to go.. Haha.
    Man my arms are killing me already. I think we need to re-evaluate the order of these next time. Too many arm things in a row.

Edit so I don't have to post again.. and seem like Im talking to myself!
    Just did 200 jumping jacks. :D
  • JoseMedina21
    Options
    It was sooo hard to get out of my bed today, by doing 30 DS and this challenge. well its a very good feeling (*_*)

you are kicking so much butt though! you keep this going strong. week 2 is only going to make you hate me more lol
  • JoseMedina21
    Options
    40 tricep dips to go.. Haha.
    Man my arms are killing me already. I think we need to re-evaluate the order of these next time. Too many arm things in a row.

Edit so I don't have to post again.. and seem like Im talking to myself!
    Just did 200 jumping jacks. :D

haha, yeah, ill make sure to move around for next week. are you doing the assisted version of the exercise? it helps a lot on the arms.
  • Apryl546
    Options
    Just finished all the dips.
    Yeah I did the modified version of the dips. I wouldn't be able to do them any other way!
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi eveyone, I have been doing the daily challenges but just have not had a chance to report back here. We are on summer holidays and have had my Mum here converting our kids old cubby into a new home (or should I say Palace, I told my Husband that it is so good he could sleep in there when he is naughty :laugh: ) for our little flock of chickens :happy: So we have been working on that pretty much all day for the past 3 days, thankfully we finished yesterday so today I can get back on track and may even get a chance to get back to the gym, Yay!!!

As I said I have completed the daily challenges up to the tricep dips and 300 of the jumping jacks. I hate jumping jacks, after 5 kids including a set of twins my bladder does not cope well with all that jumping up and down :blushing: so I find the best way is just to do 25 each time I visit the bathroom :smile:

Looking forward to weigh in day!!
  • bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am behind on my jacks, but I have done all the daily challenges. The worst were those tricep dips. Even the modified version was very tough on the arms. I did them though!
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options
    I just gotta say one thing....I KICK *kitten* ON TRICEP DIPS! and that's with a 10 lb weight on my lap! albeit 15 at a time!! :laugh:

but how much weight for Concentration Curls?

week's worth of jjs complete...bonus time :noway: :tongue:
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    50 tricep dips and 100 jumping jacks DONE! Not sure which I hate more pushups or tricep dips.
  • Pokee1
    Pokee1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    My dips are done. I should start thinking about doing some of those jumping jacks or I'll be doing them all on Saturday!
  • Apryl546
    Options
    I think the jumping jacks are the easiest thing so far. Haha.
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, the burn is in full effect. As of Wednesday, here are the standings. I will only put overall team scores. I have emailed the individuals who haven't reported any challenges yet.

DC = Daily Challenges
    JJs = Jumping Jacks

Team #1 - 17/30 (DC) - 650/5000 (JJ's)
    Team #2 - 21/30 (DC) - 1150/5000 (JJs)
    Team #3 - 17/30 (DC) - 1400/5000 (JJs)

Team #2 is leading with daily challenges, but Team #3 is kicking butt in the weekly Jumping Jack challenge

How do we know which team we're on?
  • Apryl546
    Options

How do we know which team we're on?
    prplangl4 (Team Captain #1)
    BeautyCrys
    Nikki582
    stormystrickl
    valligator
    amandac72
    blackchick412
    bobbiedr
    mbar12
    donjuan2084

Pokee1 (Team Captain #2)
    momofacacia
    Hoxie25
    hollykrumhp
    MPaulineD
    tammihart
    Jupitermermai
    thealexcormie
    cyndimcd
    stonea22

sweetcouchpotato (Team Captain #3)
    jennyph2006
    sheerambiance
    Kwr417
    vger11
    mrskellyray
    malindawhitaker
    LulusWorld
    MeMe0578
  • JoseMedina21
    Options
    Hi eveyone, I have been doing the daily challenges but just have not had a chance to report back here. We are on summer holidays and have had my Mum here converting our kids old cubby into a new home (or should I say Palace, I told my Husband that it is so good he could sleep in there when he is naughty :laugh: ) for our little flock of chickens :happy: So we have been working on that pretty much all day for the past 3 days, thankfully we finished yesterday so today I can get back on track and may even get a chance to get back to the gym, Yay!!!

As I said I have completed the daily challenges up to the tricep dips and 300 of the jumping jacks. I hate jumping jacks, after 5 kids including a set of twins my bladder does not cope well with all that jumping up and down :blushing: so I find the best way is just to do 25 each time I visit the bathroom :smile:

Looking forward to weigh in day!!

That's great to hear, I have logged all in the tasks for you. Welcome back and kick some more butt. I know those JJs aren't as fun as they used to be :)
  • JoseMedina21
    Options
    I am behind on my jacks, but I have done all the daily challenges. The worst were those tricep dips. Even the modified version was very tough on the arms. I did them though!

Oh I know the feeling, they were burning my arms after about the 10th one. I did 5 sets of 10 in about a 15 min period. trying to get really low and feel the burn
  • JoseMedina21
    Options
    I just gotta say one thing....I KICK *kitten* ON TRICEP DIPS! and that's with a 10 lb weight on my lap! albeit 15 at a time!! :laugh:

but how much weight for Concentration Curls?

week's worth of jjs complete...bonus time :noway: :tongue:

What ever is comfortable for the curls, don't hurt yourself at all.

BONUS TIME!!! Everyone who completes all 500 JJs by the end of the week gives your team a 5 point bonus. I know you can all do them and help lead your team into victory