30 Day Shred Challenge check in 5/15

Options

Replies

• pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Can I join you guys? My shred DVD has been collecting dust since I bought it last month. I need the kick in the butt!!

Heck yeah!!! :flowerforyou:
    Get your butt to workin' out!!! :wink: :tongue:
  • demezat
    demezat Posts: 158
    Options
    Day 3 of the Shred...DONE...(Thank GOD) I did see a slight improvement in my endurance...I'm still sore as all get out...LOL...I'm pushing through it! How's everyone elses Shred going today? :flowerforyou:
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Demezat: My endurance is also rising! Today was my highest calorie burn so far!

Well I just finished Day 3 of 30 Day Shred Level 1 and burned 210 calories in 27mins. Thats 20 more calories burned then yesterday!

Then I did SI6 Start It Up and burned another 205 calories in 25mins.

Total today is 415.

Well shower and shake time have a great workout!
    Jenn
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    Day 2 Done! I did Level 1 again. I am just wondering if maybe level 1 is not intense enough for me... I sweat, but I'm not dying... and I was sore this morning, but again, not dying.

Should I move it up to level 2 already? or keep it at level one for the rest of the week? Any suggestions are welcome!

There's nothing wrong with trying out Level 2 tomorrow. If you can make it through that one, then just keep doing it. There are no rules to this, so it's whatever you feel comfortable with. My goal is once I can do an entire Level without any modifications, I'll move on. Though, I don't know if I'll ever be able to do a real push up this year! Also, consider using heavier hand weights before you move up a level and see if that helps!

You took the thoughts right outta my head lol... I can do it pretty easily too, if I don't apply some intensity and go lighter on the weights. I do man push ups and stick with my 5 lb weights and struggle near the end, so once that struggle is gone, I'll be moving up. That being said, do what you want... it's your work out hehe! :)
  • LostinCali
    Options
    I'm so saaad!!!! Everyone's already into it and on their second day and I'm still not starting mine!! This rash is killing me! (allergic reaction to penicillan!). I hope to be in shape by the end of the week and start it all then. I may be 5 days behind you guys but I'm still excited to start anyway!

Congrats on everyone who shredded today and/or yesterday! Keep it up!:flowerforyou:

I hope you feel better! ouchie! Just focus on getting better, you can catch up :)
  • LostinCali
    Options
    I am hittin' my 3rd day of shred just as soon as I drop my daughter off, then showering, then going to a friend's to help paint (so more exercise, woohoo!)

Remember to drink your water, folks! :)
  • aquaale
    aquaale Posts: 12
    Options
    Day 3 Done! I stuck with level one, but I increased the weights to 5lb, with no modifications :) It was challenging, so I will stick with level one until this is not challenging enough, then move up to level 2. I'm pretty sore, but surviving :happy:
  • HannahRoo
    HannahRoo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I overslept this morning and now my whole day has been out of whack. :grumble:

I promised DH that we would go for a long walk with the dog after I get off of work today so maybe I will take today off from shredding.

:noway: Do both! It's only the 2nd day!!!! Cooooommmmmme onnnnnn! YOU CAN do this!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart:

PS I expect the same *kitten* kicking when I start slacking....... You know it'll come, lol

Hope no hard feelings HannahRoo....... :flowerforyou:

:laugh: :flowerforyou: None taken! I always need a little more pushing, especially if it means I'm having to get up earlier each day to do something. I appreciate it.

Btw, I did both and I got up this morning and did Level 2!
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :smokin: :glasses: SWEET!!!!
    Way to push yourself!! Last night when I got home I was like "I so don't want to do this..." But then I thought of you.... :smile: AND bite the bullet! :wink:
  • mellowmel
    mellowmel Posts: 1
    Options
    :drinker: :embarassed:
    Hey everyone! Just found this site yesterday and made a committment to myself to get my butt moving towards the goal to get back in shape. Can I get in on the 30 day Shred? I started yesterday... Day 1 = Sore thighs and calfs for me:grumble: ! But I would love to be part of this challenge. You all have helped to inspire me to get moving. Will post weight and measurements later... after I Shred my Day 2 (Hope it gets easier.)
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :embarassed:
    Hey everyone! Just found this site yesterday and made a committment to myself to get my butt moving towards the goal to get back in shape. Can I get in on the 30 day Shred? I started yesterday... Day 1 = Sore thighs and calfs for me:grumble: ! But I would love to be part of this challenge. You all have helped to inspire me to get moving. Will post weight and measurements later... after I Shred my Day 2 (Hope it gets easier.)

hey mel! :flowerforyou: of course! this is a fun challenge and some of us are still waiting to get started - you jumped in at the right time!

hey everyone: stupid question time. first of all, i got a friend to join the challenge and she is not even on MFP - :drinker: she just emailed me to ask how many calories it burns - actually, she asked me to ask you all! :laugh: anyways, are you guys using HRM's to determine calorie burn or do you have another method? thx! :drinker:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    I don't have a heart rate monitor yet. It's my first reward. I log it in on here as circuit training but because it's three sets of 3,2,1 that only makes 18 minutes. So, I log in 18 minutes instead of a full 20 since the other two are warm up and cool down. I rather be under my calories than over for exercise in case I get the notion to eat them all! :laugh:
  • rachlong33
    rachlong33 Posts: 13
    Options
    Well I got my DVD in the mail yesterday so this morning was my first day:tongue: It was good my left leg is sore and my arms and thats probably because I was using 5 lb weights.

So I have a stupid question:::: how is everyone finding out how many calories they burn when they do the shred???? and another one:::: how do you get friends????

Sorry for all the questions:ohwell:
  • momta2girls
    momta2girls Posts: 60
    Options
    Well, I feel like crap. #1 I'm sooo sore everywhere. I've worked out for years doing cardio and weights and nothing has EVER left me this sore ALL OVER. I guess that's a good thing. #2 "That Time" of the month began last night. Between #1 and #2 I couldn't push past the soreness and general ickiness. I'll make up today on Saturday to get my 5 times in.

Oh poor pitiful me......:tongue:
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    Can I join you guys? My shred DVD has been collecting dust since I bought it last month. I need the kick in the butt!!

Heck yeah!!! :flowerforyou:
    Get your butt to workin' out!!! :wink: :tongue:

Thanks for giving me the kick! Day 1 complete - now my goal is to just get through level 1 without modifying or stopping. :tongue:
  • heather0mc
    Options
    Well I got my DVD in the mail yesterday so this morning was my first day:tongue: It was good my left leg is sore and my arms and thats probably because I was using 5 lb weights.

So I have a stupid question:::: how is everyone finding out how many calories they burn when they do the shred???? and another one:::: how do you get friends????

not sure about the calories with out a heart rate monitor, but ngwife explains how she enters it into MFP a couple posts ago.

if you click on a persons name to go to their profile, there is a button on there called 'add to friends'. its almost like a friend request on MS or FB. :flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    Options
    dear shredders,

i got my dvd today!!! :tongue:

starting tonight, after curves and grocery shopping! :bigsmile:

wo-wooot! :drinker:
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options

I used my HRM last night while doing level 1. I am 160 lb and 5'2", 33 years old and prior to this not very active. It said I burned 209 calories.
  • sdwillis35
    sdwillis35 Posts: 40
    Options
    Hey everyone! Got up this morning did "The Shred" and 10 minute solutions Abs and core strengthening. Burned about 324 cals. Then this afternoon burned about 525 cals mowing the yard. I'm feeling pretty good after day three...hope everyone else is feeling good too!
  • allisonie
    allisonie Posts: 34
    Options
    After work I went for an hour and a half walk and was thinking about skipping the Shred tonight. But you are all so motivating! How can I not do it if everyone else is? Thanks for motivating me! :smile: