New Zealand Group!!!

Options

Replies

• mrsh101
    Options
    Hi Im Lisa Im 25 from Auckland, had my first baby boy in November 2010. I put on over 25kg during pregnancy (I stopped weighing myself after that) due to massive swelling from pre-eclampsia, big baby and also a bit of over indulgence hehe. I dropped a fair amount of the weight after having bub and was left with 10kg to lose, have since lost 5kg since joining myfitnesspal in March though I have had periods of time where Ive gone a bit off track and not used it. I have got 5kg to get to pre preg but would like to get to my wedding weight which is 7kg from where I am now. But pre-preg is ok with me hehe as it's good BMI etc. I wanted to reach it by my sons birthday November 20 but Im not sure I will, but I'll be happy with getting as close as possible. I have requested to join the facebook group :)
  • kiwi_dee
    kiwi_dee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Kia ora all! I'm 33 from the Tron - whoop whoop! :wink:

I started with MFP back in Feb startign at 87.5kg and my goal is 65kg. Though it's currently creeping back upwards ... as I'm preggy with number 4 you'll have to forgive me :laugh: My goal for Christmas is to not be above my MFP SW and to still be moving pretty freely.

Will head over to FB and send a request to join the group :)
  • mum_of_three
    Options
    Hi
    I'm Kirsten and I hale from the mighty "naki". I am an at-home-Mum with 3 children aged 8mth-nearly 13yrs. In my previous life I was a teacher.
    I am here on MFP to try to find the real me hidden under this layer of fat. lol it may be a long journey but I am determined to get there.
    I like to help others also so please feel free to add me as a friend.

TOGETHER WE CAN DO IT!!!

kia kaha
  • ayeshakane
    ayeshakane Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    hey everyone. Iam ayesha from west auckland! Currently studying at Unitec. Iam a yoyo dieter but tryna change that to eating healthy everyday!

CW: 62 kgs
    By christmas : 52kgs :wink:
  • endorphinqueen
    Options
    Hi :)
    I'm Deb from Wanganui. I have so far lost 10kg (as of this morning!) and aim to lose another 6-8kg by xmas! Goal weight 67kg but hope to be 65kg, currently 73kg! Would be interested in a facebook group too :)
  • soin2art
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Trish from Hamilton. I am a school teacher working with Year 2 children, and have two boys of my own at home - 14 and 12 - which makes for a very busy life! I have always struggled with exercise and find it very hard to motivate myself to keep doing something I really don't like, which pretty much applies to any form of exercise..lol. I have been doing Zumba for almost 2 years now though and am pleased I have finally found something I enjoy. My goal weight by Xmas is 65kg, am currently 68.4kgs and have lost just under 4kgs since I started watching my food intake (a few weeks before I joined here). Don't have a plan for after that, more of a change in lifestyle/eating habits that I am working on.

Good luck to everyone and nice to be part of a kiwi group!
    :smile:
  • teaspoonz
    teaspoonz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Matt from Whangarei here. Almost down to my goal weight - started at 96Kg 11 weeks ago and now down to 79kg today. Took me 18 years to put the weight on, wish I had known how easy it could be to move the weight back off again. I've stopped eating rubbish and now with the help of myfitnesspal know what a sensible portion size is.

Good luck everyone.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Hi I live in the UK Midlands but born and raised in Auckland. A Ponsonby/Parnell chick for most of my life. Too much wine and meals out didn't do much for me physically although working out at les Mills helped me stay not too chubby. Now i've reached my initial goal of 60 kgs (ish) I am aiming to go hard and really get my body fat down really pleased that I gained 0.8 kgsof muscle in the last month , working hard at the weights and keeping my food clean and consistent.

Still miss the Lindaur (did I even spell that right?) can't get it over here!
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
  • janeyloveslife
    janeyloveslife Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Janey from Auckland. I've just been using MFP for about 2 wks and have already lost 2kgs, so I'm pretty happy with that :)

I manage the NZ branch of a menu costing company, and I'm Mum to a 14 yr old daughter. I also have a husband who frustrates the hell out of me as he eats chocolate every single day, plus whatever else he fancies, and yet still remains buff as!

Luckily my best friend in the world - Kiedis the Border Collie - could also do with losing a few kgs, so together we are on a mission to tone up and trim down in time for Summer by running about 5 times a week.

I'm currently 58kg, and want to get down to about 50ish.

Great to meet some fellow Kiwis on here!
  • KelsterNZ
    Options
    Hi all!

Kels from Manawatu here.... nice to see so many kiwis on here! :o)
  • Kermit1976
    Options
    Hi all I am from Palmy north.. I have joined the NZ group... :)
  • keddabee
    Options
    Hey all,

Im Kerry, 27 years of age and born and raised in Wanganui.

SW - Waaaay too much!
    CW - A little less than SW
    GW - Somewhere around 70kg

I've only been on here a few months but so far its fantastic. Will be joining the NZ group soon :) Great to see so many kiwis on here!
  • kerrylou45
    kerrylou45 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Kerry 32, currently I live in Ruawai, Northland (which is about 20 minutes south of Dargaville). I grew up in Nelson and have lived in Southland, north canterbury and waikato in the last 10 years. most of it in north canterbury. I am a dairy farmer and have five kids. 16(step-son, who lives with us), 9, 7, 5 and my only girl 2 (3 in about a month).

I have currently lost about 5kg and have a LONG way to go. I love the support on here it really keeps me going!
  • escadachic
    escadachic Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi Kerry.

Hey I'm wondering, if maybe we may have gone to the same school at some point. As I'm 32 also, and I grew up in Nelson as well. Would be such a fluke if we did!

My real name is: Kelly Parker
  • iamkylie
    iamkylie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 23 from Christchurch! Is anyone from NZ over 100kgs? I feel quite embarrassed that I am so much bigger than most of everyone on here. Oh well, guess thats why I'm on here
  • alikatnz
    Options
    Hi. I'm 30 from Takanini in Auckland. I work full time, study part time and give up my spare time for a non-profit, volunteer organisation. Currently, my goal is to be 90kg by the first weekend of December.

SW: 99kg
    CW: 92.5kg
    GW: 65kg
  • BundangKiwiGal
    BundangKiwiGal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yay I found more Kiwis :happy: :happy:
  • Miss_Z_87
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

I'm from Wellington :-) Its good to see more kiwis use MFP... yay :-)
  • Miss_Z_87
    Options
    Hi. I'm 30 from Takanini in Auckland. I work full time, study part time and give up my spare time for a non-profit, volunteer organisation. Currently, my goal is to be 90kg by the first weekend of December.

SW: 99kg
    CW: 92.5kg
    GW: 65kg

Nice on the 10kg weight loss ;-)