Comic Books?!

Options
Jovialation
Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
Come on, guys (not literally, cuz I'm a girl comic nerd)

Let us discuss comic books, comic book heroes, and who we'd like to cosplay when we're at our goals (YEA, I SAID IT. I WANNA COSPLAY)

Personally I'm in love with Gambit and Deadpool. Id like to go party with the two of em. I mean, srsly, Vegas could be fun with the two of em.

also - Im getting a tattoo of this someday
1sy_I_D__by_Gambit_x_Rogue_FC.jpg

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    WHO LET STOOPID GIRLS INTO OUR CLUBHOUSE!

Jokes! Jokes!

I've been a comic book fan since I was a kid. Big into X-Men growing up but these days when I do decide to pick up a book it's usually New Avengers. I really like Brian Michael Bendis, even if he has his detractors.

Also at the Warhol Museum (near me) they have a big special going on celebrating the works of Alex Ross. I'm gonna go check that out one day soon.
  • rockabillymama
    rockabillymama Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I honestly am not a huge fan of the marvel univ. dc/vertigo are where most of my passion is. My favorite of all time hands down comic is Transmetropolitan <3<3
  • Jovialation
    Options
    WHO LET STOOPID GIRLS INTO OUR CLUBHOUSE!

Jokes! Jokes!

I've been a comic book fan since I was a kid. Big into X-Men growing up but these days when I do decide to pick up a book it's usually New Avengers. I really like Brian Michael Bendis, even if he has his detractors.

Also at the Warhol Museum (near me) they have a big special going on celebrating the works of Alex Ross. I'm gonna go check that out one day soon.
    Warhol makes me ...murder-y.

ANYWAY! Xmen is the best. I also read The Walking Dead, but I feel like thats a different sort of comic. I read Jhonen Vasquez and Roman Dirge stuff, too, but I feel thats different as well.

I grew up on comics. My fave day of the week was the day I went with dad to pick up his comics. I recently received a box of comics from a friend when he moved. Marvel stuff from 74-94 ...mostly New Mutants.

@rockabilly - I...I don't like DC much ....but Batman is really cool
  • Jovialation
    Options
    OH YEA

THIS IS MY CLUBHOUSE NOW, BOYS.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Marvel rules!

I think I still have New Mutants #1 somewhere...

Walking Dead is one of the few indie comics I read. But my little girl LOVES Roman Dirge! She has every issue of Lenore and keeps wishing he'd put out more. We check almost weekly to see if he has. She was Lenore for Halloween two years ago.

She ain't being raised right...
  • Jovialation
    Options
    I love Lenore, but I gave up on it after like issue 15. I have no idea how many there are. I have the first two TPD. I gave away the individual issues, tho.
    I have a signed JtHM, too.

and, uh....I have all the Walking Dead hardcovers, and I just bought the Rise of the Governor novel. I need hardcover book 7 or I will die.

I just added a LOT of things to my Amazon wishlist...it looks like a sad nerd wasteland in that list now.

I should get pics of the comics I got from my friend. I gave away the exclusive 4 issues of Ghost Rider & Cable cuz my brother and dad flipped out when they saw I had em.
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've been collecting comics for 30+ years! I have a 12X12 room in my basement that I hat to outfit with heavy-duty shelving to put long boxes floor to ceiling. My current pull list includes New Avengers, Thunderbolts, Kick *kitten* 2, Superior, Captain America, and Dynamite's Lone Ranger. I read Walking Dead, The Boys, and PunisherMax , but only get them by TPB. I dropped just about all of by DC's when they rebooted to the new 52. The stories just weren't great and the prices just kept going up, so a "jumping on" point for many was my "jumping off" point. I love anything Mark Millar and Ed Brubaker.
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am totally 100% in love with Sabretooth. I don't know what it is about him that gets to me- but hot damn what a man! (I have a thing for Villains, this may be part of it.) I know that when the X-Men Origins came out it was a total bastardization of the Wolverine/Sabretooth story, but I enjoyed it in the context of considering it an AU story line. I love the entire X-Men series. The villains in it are amazing.

I've also loved Batman since I was a little kid. I have a lot of Batman comics and other batman paraphernalia in storage that I've been collecting since I was two or three.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'm more into Archie, Casper, and Richie Rich. And don't get me started on Scrooge McDuck!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Personally I'm in love with Gambit....

*Extra droolage* I looooves me some Gambit.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* I am an epic comic books nerd! Get a few bits monthly, some of the new DCU stuff, Buffy, Mouse Guard, but buy more in graphic novel these days - favs Alias, Blankes, Habibi, Doom Patrol etc etc!
    All time fav character is Dazzler I am sorry to say! I have all (bar a couple of issues) of her solo run and got an awesome Dazzler bracelet for Christmas, if only I could skate......
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    pick up Irredeemable if you can. excellent book.
  • rdpixie
    rdpixie Posts: 96
    Options
    I love Mike Mignola's stuff its probably my favourite though I hold a soft spot for all things Gotham in my life. My first series that I read monthly was the original Catwoman run drawn by Jim Balent and I went back and collected every single issue :)

My current favourite writer is Ed Brubaker and my favourite artist is Ben Templesmith.
  • rdpixie
    rdpixie Posts: 96
    Options
    I love anything Mark Millar and Ed Brubaker.

Woo for the Brubaker love! :D
  • Gyoza11
    Gyoza11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Love comic books! The Batman world is probably my all time favorite but I still prefer Marvel most of the time.
    Also really love Don Rosa.
    Guilty pleasure: The Joker and Harley Quinn. Have a bunch of figurines of them.
  • Hologram1
    Options
    Love comic books! The Batman world is probably my all time favorite but I still prefer Marvel most of the time.
    Also really love Don Rosa.
    Guilty pleasure: The Joker and Harley Quinn. Have a bunch of figurines of them.
  • Hologram1
    Options
    me 2!!!
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Can I just say how retarded I feel when i'm talking to a dude who doesn't know who Tony Stark is????
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I love Wonder Woman and Raven. And Storm. I'd be torn who'd I would cosplay as if I had the chance...probably Raven. I was kinda sad when I heard they were re-starting main 52 DC comics, but I gave the new Wonder Woman a shot and I actually like it. I love the new Teen Titans prior to Donna Troy's death, but I haven't read any before she died.

I want to get a tattoo of Raven, and she'll probably be in the middle of my back. Actually, me and my boyfriend literally just discussed it and we are each thinking of getting a tattoo (Raven for me Batman for him) as our ultimate weight loss reward. :D
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Can I just say how retarded I feel when i'm talking to a dude who doesn't know who Tony Stark is????

why should you feel retarded? because of the movies so many comics have gone mainstream, the major characters and titles should be well known by most people.