Replies

• M6Tina
    M6Tina Posts: 5
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and At my lowest weight I was 129... But I was obsessive about working out and dieting. Ideally I want to be between 140-155.... Darn these big hips and booty!
  • meggy_182
    meggy_182 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 131lbs atm and aiming for 120lbs i used to be 112lbs in school/college, those were the dayyyss
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6-1/2" and I fluctuate between 120 - 125 lbs since I lost 30 pounds over a year ago. The healthy BMI target weight range for 5' 6-1/2": 116.4 - 157.3 lbs.
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I am shooting for 165
  • scotslass
    scotslass Posts: 317
    Options
    Hey im 5'6 and my goal is 150 too :)
  • llowry
    llowry Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I"m 5'6 also and my goal weight is 150-140lbs
  • 8bitAlina
    8bitAlina Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", currently at 267lbs. I'd love to get down to about 200lbs and then see where I want to go from there. From experience, I was a perfect size for me at 200. However, once I get to my goal, I'll see if I want to go lower. For reference, I'm a medium-large build.
  • TriforceRaven
    TriforceRaven Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" (ALMOST 5'6") and my UGW is 100. I have a large build though, so IDK. Right now I'm about 180 and a size 8.
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal weight of 145:bigsmile: and I am 5'6
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Same height as you. 4 years ago I was just over 11 stone. Lost a lot after a very emotional time and decided to keep going for health and confidence reasons. Thought anything with an 8 at the front would be amazing. Got there and set a new challenge of sub 8 stone. Lowest so far has been 7stone 8lbs. Christmas piled it on, so I'm working back down. I actually liked being
    7stone 10lb as I can relax and have a bit of leeway.

:noway: 108 seems TINY for someone who's 5ft 6, no matter what body frame you have, is it not hard to maintain?
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Same height as you. 4 years ago I was just over 11 stone. Lost a lot after a very emotional time and decided to keep going for health and confidence reasons. Thought anything with an 8 at the front would be amazing. Got there and set a new challenge of sub 8 stone. Lowest so far has been 7stone 8lbs. Christmas piled it on, so I'm working back down. I actually liked being

:noway: 108 seems TINY for someone who's 5ft 6, no matter what body frame you have, is it not hard to maintain?

Ive around the 108 mark at 5'6 and I agree with the lady above. I have never been above 135 and I thought I looked huge at that weight. Not difficult to maintain with regular work outs and keeping to maintenance calories.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

Depends on how you're built. One of my best friends is super-strong and fit. She teaches bootcamp classes a couple times a week and has run several marathons and is FAST. She is 5'7" an maintains about 110-112lbs. She looks awesome and not too skinny at all, just super toned and muscular.
  • worthashot73
    worthashot73 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    At 5'6 I cannot even begin to imagine myself under 150. I was there twice briefly, and not healthy, and when I look at those pictures of myself... I just feel sad.

My ultimate goal is 150 but I will be happy when I don't feel gross in everything I wear. This journey (albeit short, I just started) has taught me that my ultimate goal is to feel good. I dont want to get too wrapped up in a number, not a number on the scale nor a number in pants size, I just want to be happy with something I can sustain.

I want to feel like me again. Can I put a number on that?? NO! I may be happy at 165, I may be happy at 150, I wont know til I get there. My promise to myself is to love me unconditionally and know and accept that I am doing my best.

This is definitely a sobering process. To get real with myself and realize that I DO matter. Will being 135 make me feel like I am worth it? doubt it. Does counting calories, fat, protein and sodium everyday change me? no. What matters to me is that I am FINALLY putting ME first.
  • Renonvme
    Renonvme Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6". My goal is 140ish. :)
  • MOS3
    MOS3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 48, 5"6 and my goal weight is 140lbs. - only 7 pounds to go. I feel this will be a good weight for me. (However once I'm there I probably want to be a few pounds lighter lol). I really think goal weights are very personal - ie body shape, frame, age etc. I
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my goal weight is 145, which I was once upon a time....and I was a size nine then, so I'm a little jealous of the people that have been that weight and were size 4's & 6's haha

Heck, I was 115 in high school and wore a size 9. But that was a few decades back so vanity sizing has made a difference there. I'm now 173 and can almost squeeze into a size 10. Clothes are much bigger now. So, these days, what was once a size 9 might be a size 4 or 6 today.

A lot is made of the fact that Marilyn Monroe was a size 12 and 14 so people think she was much bigger than she really was. I have a friend who collects old sewing patterns. It's quite interesting as they contain the measurements. Butterick and McCall patterns from the 50's and 60's show that what was a size 12-14 then is like a size 6-8 today. So Marilyn was really quite small and curvy.

My goal? Unsure. I'm 5' 5.5" and was slender and fit at 115 and loved the way I looked then but that was until I was about 20 so it might not be realistic now. I got married at 25 at 135# but I felt pudgy. However, for now, 135 is my goal but I'll reassess as I get closer.

But it's hard to know because while I was fit back then, lots of running and cycling and such, I didn't do strength training then like I am now. That alone might make my body composition different so I can be thinner at a larger weight. So who knows?
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    **TIP ON HOW TO FIGURE OUT WHAT SIZE BONE STRUCTURE YOU HAVE** Take your thumb and index finger and put it around your wrist. If your fingers overlap, you have a small bone structure; it they connect, you have a medium bone structure; but (if like me) they cannot connect at all, this means you have a large bone structure.

I don't think this is accurate at all. A friend and I tried this out.

Our wrists are the same size. Her fingers are long and slender. Mine are short and stubby-looking. She can reach around both our wrists and her thumb and index fingers overlap by quite a bit. I can't even touch my fingers together if I use my thumb and longest middle-finger.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    **TIP ON HOW TO FIGURE OUT WHAT SIZE BONE STRUCTURE YOU HAVE** Take your thumb and index finger and put it around your wrist. If your fingers overlap, you have a small bone structure; it they connect, you have a medium bone structure; but (if like me) they cannot connect at all, this means you have a large bone structure.

I don't think this is accurate at all. A friend and I tried this out.

Our wrists are the same size. Her fingers are long and slender. Mine are short and stubby-looking. She can reach around both our wrists and her thumb and index fingers overlap by quite a bit. I can't even touch my fingers together if I use my thumb and longest middle-finger.

I would agree with this. Plus, if you are overweight, you have layers of fat, so even your wrists will get thinner at some point in your weight loss journey! I only lost about 40lbs total from my highest weight, but I had a watch that got so loose I had to have links taken out of the band so it would fit properly. My bone structure never changed and my fingers didn't get any longer or shorter, but my wrist is definitely smaller now so going by your method if my finger/thumb didn't touch when I was 40lbs heavier I would have a large bone structure but now that I've lost weight and they touch/slightly overlap I would have a small bone structure?
  • klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and right now I have my target weight set at 150 but who knows, I might get to 150 and decide I want to go a little lower. I really can't say right now because I don't even know the last time I was that low, the lowest I can remember is 180 and that was almost 12 yrs ago. One day at a time.