who eats oatmeal for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Judway
    Judway Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i eat oatmeal and put on different flavors of mott's fruitsation and milk so yummy
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i eat oatmeal almost every day ..plain with cinnamon sprinkled on it .. sometimes i put in a scoop of protein powder if im not eating egg whites that morning
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Every day! I put raisins and cranberries in mine. Sometimes I'll add chopped walnuts. Pour 1/4 C of milk over it once it's ready, sprinkle a little Splenda on it and yumm-o!
  • littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I make porridge? Does that count? 40g of oats, 150ml of skim milk, and to serve with a handful of raisins, 1 tsp brown sugar and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon!
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    I just had almond joy oatmeal. :) Steel cut oats, Silk almond milk, carob chips, shredded coconut and raw almonds. Nom nom nom. And made chocolate peanut oatmeal for my son. Just the carob chips and peanut butter added in with the oats and milk. So many delicious ways.
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    EVERY SINGLE DAY
    just about lol i eat raisin and spice / strawberrys and cream/ original with one packet of splenda and a pinch of cinnamon
    and sometimes maple brown sugar ...
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Old fashioned oatmeal + coconut milk + walnuts + flax + protein powder. Super filling.
  • krizstyling
    krizstyling Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    In the winter, I eat oatmeal EVERY DAY! I try to watch it so I don't get the kinds with aspartame in it so recently I started getting Oat Fit from Target, the maple and brown sugar kind. No added sugar and only 100 calories anddd it has flax in it! (gets ya regular! LOL) I just put in skim milk and nuke it in the microwave for a minute and I'm good to go.

It's convenient too that's why I love it! I bring in bowls and spoons to work, and can just eat it here at my desk...eating it right now in fact. =)
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    i eat oatmeal almost everyday for breakfast (have had for supper too when nothing else sounds good).
    i was adding honey, cinnamon and craisins......BUT was putting me over on my sugar everyday with other things i was eating, so i've changed it up a bit.
    now, cinnamon, 1 packet of stevia (in place of honey) and craisins. yummy!
    i've also added banana and some chopped pecans which is delicious too!
    so many things you can add to it. Blueberries are super yummy in it too! and i have been adding ground flax seed to it also....
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    1 tbsp PB + ½ scoop of chocolate protein power is delicious! I brought this to work a few times, added boiling water here and it made my area of the office smell like warm PB and chocolate, people were jealous of my oatmeal, ha ha!

My fav breakfast however is All Bran so I've put oatmeal on the backburner b/c having both was just way too many carbs in the day.
  • pgoad
    pgoad Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat the Brown Sugar Maple Oatmeal and add apples and raisins. So good!
  • HeatherDMcGuire
    Options
    Love oatmeal with a 12 scoop of protein powder:) When running a lot, I add PB and bananas! Delish:love:
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I eat it pretty much every day. I heat it up with water and add some yogurt..
  • ginandtonica
    ginandtonica Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Almost every day! I do steel cut oats in the crockpot using water and cinnamon (google it, tons of recipes). I will add apple, banana, peanut butter, brown sugar (not the same day!) and then vanilla soy milk to get it to the consistency I like. I am going to try vanilla protein powder as well, as I have seen it recommended a few times now. Always use oatmeal you have to cook, not instant or flavored if you can. It is so much better for you...those flavored packets are full of things I cant pronounce!
  • 10kaday
    10kaday Posts: 177
    Options
    No joke... I eat my oatmeal raw with a spoon right out of the round Quaker box! :D If I do want it traditionally, I mix with hot water and eat as is without adding anything to it.
  • sagaloo
    Options
    i think oatmeal must be what we call porridge in england?
    I have it daily with honey and dried figs.
    I'd eat it for all my meals if i could!
  • sharonus
    sharonus Posts: 102
    Options
    I regularly eat oatmeal for breakfast. I use the quick cooking oats, cook with water, and after they're done I add 1/4 c almond milk, 1 T chopped nuts, and whatever fruit I have around (like 1/2 an apple or a banana).

I also recently found this recipe for Refrigerator Oatmeal:

http://dianeschnier.wordpress.com/refrigerator-oatmeal

It uses rolled oats and you don't have to cook it! Just prepare it the night before and it's ready in the morning. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm really hoping it's good so I can skip the cooking in the morning before I try to dash out for work.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I eat Steel cut oats, with yogurt and a handful of almonds or blueberries, or something thrown in, every morning.
  • TrudyJo195
    Options
    I do! I eat the instant kind that you put in the microwave. You can add water or a little milk. I add water and it taste just fine.
  • jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I put fresh fruit, no sugar I use cinnamon!!! I love oatmeal!