who eats oatmeal for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• jeffazi
    jeffazi Posts: 198
    Options
    Eat it almost every day (2 packs) with low-fat milk and then I add my eggs/egg whites to it!!! Tastes great and very filling!!

Interesting. Do you add the egg whites uncooked and let them cook with the oatmeal?
  • coolchick03270
    Options
    I have been eating 1/2 cup Quaker oats everyday since I began MFP. I like it simple- I put in 1 tablesoon raisins, sprinkle of cinnamon and cook for 2 mins in the microwave. I then add 1 packet of splenda.
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal like 3 times or so a week....you can add all sorts of great things because it's such a neutral base! I make mine the old fashion way on the stove top and add things like shredded apple and cinnamon sticks or mashed banana with ground almonds and vanilla, I almost always throw a couple raisons in because I love the tangy/ sweetness they give to the bowl. Experiment, you'll be hard pressed to come up with a combo that doesn't work!!
  • raynalisa
    raynalisa Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal most days. I know she is isnt popular here but I love the Hungry Girl's oatmeal recipes.

Most days I eat my oatmeal with 3/4 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 tbsp of chia seed, 2 packs of splenda and 1/4 of sugar free

log cabin syrup. Some days I add blackberries, strawberries or bananas. Gerber makes freeze dried fruit pieces that are really good

and only 25 calories for 1/4 cup!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Gonna have to try peanut butter, that sounds good.

I just finished my oatmeal for today and it had a little brown sugar and dried blueberries. So yummy!!
  • mogadad
    mogadad Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I buy the Quaker weight control Maple and Brown sugar packets and micro wave them with water.
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    bumping this thread....I love oatmeal...and am looking for different ways to spice it up!!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I eat it a lot, usually the lower sugar packets, with some dried cranberries mixed in. Love the stuff.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Someone just put this post up - looks like a great way to add some creativity to your oats - pancake them!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/443039-best-breakfast-ever
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal about half the time. I add blueberries and walnuts. Mmmmm...
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I eat it almost every day :) I prefer rolled oats, too. Instant ones tend to get really sticky/goopy, in my opinion. Love putting bananas and peanut butter in my oatmeal. IT'S DELICIOUS! So are raisins, cinnamon, walnuts, apples... stuff like that. To sweeten, I use splenda.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I occasionally have it for breakfast on the weekends. I mix uncooked old fashioned (rolled) oats with pb and a little maple syrup. I've tried almond butter and soynut butter but neither were as good as pb.
  • hotmama1174
    hotmama1174 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I eat it every day-yum!!

I add, 1 tsp of brown sugar apple and raisins to 1/2 cup of skim milk.
  • leavingfat
    leavingfat Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do. I boil the water, throw in some vanilla protein powder, give it a good whisk, throw in the oatmeal, throw in a chopped up pear and whisk again. Then it's bowl time. I chop up a piece of crystallized ginger, throw it on top, and munch.
  • NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Me me me me me!! I LOVEEEE instant oatmeal.

I have a Kuerig coffee machine. So easy to throw a pack of oatmeal into a bowl, set my Kuerig it to the smallest cup size for hot water and just stir. So easy, not as many calories as a LOT of things for breakfast :D
  • Love2HikeMT
    Options
    I eat oatmeal 3 x week - Organic Steel Cut Oats - and only add 1 Tbsp of Pure Maple Syrup to the cooking water.
  • Cberg9
    Cberg9 Posts: 123
    Options
    1 cup of quick cooking oats
    1/2 cup water
    1/2 cup canned coconut milk
    teaspoon of honey
    sometimes dried fruit/nut mixture
    pop it in the mic for 2:00

To me it ends up having the consistency of rice pudding which I love...and has a nice coconut flavor with out being too sweet.
    Also by buying the large container of oats I can make this in large batches and divide among tupperware for later in the week!
  • dragonfly1570
    Options
    I eat it almost every day! I use 1/2c milk and 1/2c water to cook it, then add a splash of milk a 2 tsp sugar. Sometimes I make toast with a little butter to dip in it!
  • AmandaLou4319
    AmandaLou4319 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin is my new favorite addition to oatmeal. I buy it canned (not the pie filling!). Its so yummy!
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Quaker old fashioned oats with 3 packets of Splenda, 1/4 cup milk and 1 tablespoon margarine.