who eats oatmeal for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• FaeryBaby
    FaeryBaby Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bumping this for all the yummy suggestions!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    i eat kroger brand or great value and originally i put sugar and margarine in it used boiling water, now i just put the boiling water on it, and eat it thick with maybe toast/jelly, but I got use to it, just oatmeal plain straight (ish) I do like apple cinnamon flavor or brown sugar
  • trudemeanor
    trudemeanor Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I eat Maple Brown sugar oatmeal for breakfast. Recently I started adding raising to it just to mix it up a lil bit. I also like the Strawberries & Cream.
  • susanvhoffman
    Options
    I love oatmeal at breakfast. I put a pat of butter. Satisfying and sits well with my finicky stomach.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I eat the Quaker weight control instant. Banana bread is my favorite but I typically get the variety box with cinnamon and maple & brown sugar. I just eat it plain but may have to start adding a bit of PB or fruit. I get really burned out on it.
  • gatorgirl7
    gatorgirl7 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've done peanut butter (not my favorite)...craisins and almonds, brown sugar and cinnamon, one of the trainers i spoke to adds instant coffee to his, or protein powder...
  • Cberg9
    Cberg9 Posts: 123
    Options
    That sounds awesome! I think I'd add a little ground cinnamon and nutmeg...kinda like a healthy pumpkin pie :)
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal regularly, the old fashioned rolled kind. I make it with a tablespoon of cinnamon and once its been cooking a few minutes I add a tablespoon of chia seeds. Very yummy and 14 grams of fiber with one bowl.
  • LuaLiz
    LuaLiz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal several times a week! :) i like to make a big pot of steel cut oats on the weekend which includes 3C water, 3C milk, 1 3/4C oats, 2 mashed bananas, 1tsp vanilla. i will take a 1C scoop out of the pot for breakfast and include my add-ins of choice. Some of my favs:

- 2Tbsp pumpkin, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, walnuts and raisins
    - just raisins and cinnamon
    - a tsp of peanut butter, cinnamon and berries of choice

the addition of banana during the cookng process gives it the sweetness it needs without the need to add any additional sugar.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Not every day, but I love Coach's Oats! The texture is awesome! Oh, and tsp brown sugar, splash of milk :)
  • kayleighfred
    Options
    Nutella! A bit naughty but soooo nice :-) xx
  • hillman18
    hillman18 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I keep it simple but like it sweet since I use the real oats so I use Splenda w/Brown sugar, still have to measure & be cautious bc it's real brown sugar! Since I eat my breakfast at work I find this a simple way to flavor the oats :)
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal I maker Quaker oats (quick) and i put half of banana, teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 pack of splenda and sometimes I add cinnamon in it.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I like mine with some brown sugar and that is pretty much it........
  • xxleonieansellxx
    Options
    is it actually nice though?? im a bit scared....hahaha
  • TheBakerGirl
    Options
    I love oatmeal for breakfast! It's great for cool winter mornings, and it sticks with you until lunch. I almost always put cinnamon and honey in it...from there it varies. Blueberries, bananas, apples, pumpkin puree...

Here's a recipe for Elvis Oatmeal...yum!! http://www.adventuresofaseason.com/2011/11/elvis-oatmeal.html
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Some hot dogs and bacon is nice! :drinker:
  • gigiwaterloo
    gigiwaterloo Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Who eats oatmeal for breakfast, & what all do u put in it? :)

I eat it nearly every day for the fiber. I use the Quaker Instant Oatmeal packets b/c I can bring them to work & add water and eat... It's great starter for my day and I don't starve to death until lunch! lol
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal in the morning. I usually do oats with dried blueberries, cherries or cranberries. Sometimes a fresh banana and almonds.

Sadly I think I can't do it anymore because I've gone through a week with a veggie/fruit smoothie in the morning and I find that I'm less bloated if I stay away from the oats.

I still have some experimenting to do and see if that's the culprit.
  • mogadad
    mogadad Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Why put anything in it? Bad enough to have to eat oatmeal everyday without destroying the benefits