HCG Diet

Options
124»

Replies

• divergrrl
    divergrrl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

too funny!!! NO! I agree! its a crazy diet!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    If you lost weight and kept it off with this diet (as I did over a year ago) I'd like to know if you had side effects.

Personally my in-laws all did it. All lost weight. None kept it off except my husband, who went straight to basic training, and myself because I joined MFP and started tracking calories. Of the 7 people who did it 3 experienced significant hair loss, 4 (including me) dropped out half-way through because it was too hard and we felt too bad, 5 gained back the all weight they lost, and the only 2 people still promoting it are my mother and father-in-law, who do a round every couple of months for maintenance. All 7 experienced an inability to metabolize sugar properly. It's been a year since I quit after losing 12 lbs in 15 days. I am just now able to eat regular sugar without seeing disproportionate weight gain almost immediately. To me, those 12 lbs were so not worth it.

I know my MiL and FiL genuinely think it's working for them, and they actively try to get other people to go to their clinic and start it themselves, but from the outside looking in: never being able to eat sugar again and having to spend $130 every couple of months to buy injections and then follow an incredibly restrictive diet is not "working." It's so much better the way I do it now. I feel so much healthier, and even though I was really excited by my 12 lb loss, I've lost more than that using MFP and I'm not nauseous, starving, and losing hair while I do it. Most people would say my husband and I are an HCG "success story" because we both lost and kept it off, but we both had to go to extraordinary lengths to keep it off and neither of us recommends the program to anyone.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Do your homework...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390151-should-i-do-the-hcg-diet

1) HCG has been proven to have no effect on weight loss.

2) Very Low Calorie diets are only recommended for morbidly obese folks, under doctor supervision. Otherwise, they are dangerous and unhealthy.

Anyone claiming anything else will not have any reputable data to back up their claim. You're welcome to try it though. :flowerforyou:
    Hey why dont you have a profile picture?
    I considered letting you wonder, but... it's a religious thing.

I think you're hiding something.
    OMG HE'S A FILTHY COMMY!
    I though it was a cult, drink the raspberry concentrate, join the blue man cult.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I'm on the "eating cotton balls" diet myself.

Too many carbs

:drinker: this goes under the "thread that make my day section"

just a little more input SCAM! if i had no integrity I would so find a way to invest in these products
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    VDA4z.gif

Why do these threads keep coming up??
  • ruvenz
    ruvenz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am on this also and in 4.5 months i lost 55lbs!!! This round i am trying it on my own to do it orally just to see the difference in how long it takes to get over the taste of it i would rather take the injections lol. But i have to say this is the first diet that has ever worked me for!!!!! you don't pick the high calorie foods you pick the foods that have the lowest calories and you have more of it! my doctor never told me that i could only have one veg or one fruit during a meal! he just said it's fruit, veg and protein so i mix them up to accumulate my calories!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I did a lot of research on this before making my decision. I am currently under doctor supervised HCG injections. They are correct the drops are not FDA approved and not safe but I feel that with doctor supervision the shots can be safe. My clinic I go to does not do a crazy 500 calorie diet or even 800 calorie diet they do what they call "true" calories which averages out to be around 1000-15000 cal's a day but very high protein calories in that amount. Make the right decision for you. Even on HCG shots you still have to put the work in and count cal's as well as workout 4-6 days a week. There is no easy fix. I choose to give HCG a try because I am post menopausal, have hypothyroidism and am diabetic all of which inhibit weight loss.

Last spring and summer I combined prescription HCG injections with the Paleo diet under my Dr Supervision and I lost 40 pounds in 2 rounds, so about 20 pounds per round.

I was able to keep the weight off. Once I stopped the injections in that second round, I kept with the Paleo eating plan and have done nothing but maintain until I started going to the Chiropractor in late November. Once he started working on calming the nerves and vertabrae around my adrenal glands I have started losing weight on my own. In fact, I have lost about 7 pounds since the beginning of 2012.

I believe the Chiropractor has me on the right track as far as helping my body to start healing. If I get to the point where I stop losing again, I will definitely go back to the HCG injections along with my current Paleo eating.
  • missmamselle
    missmamselle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Those can stick with it have willpower I will never have. Asked a friend how she lost so much weight. Frankly, I was very interested but when she mentioned the very low calories I told her to stop right there. She and others I know start dreaming of food. Some become downright obsessed with the foods they can't have.

I'm patient person. Slow and steady wins the race. With my MFP I don't need a boat load of willpower. It's simple. With exercise I've lost over 15 lbs of fat and gained 5 pounds of muscle in 3 months. Very doable.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I did a lot of research on this before making my decision. I am currently under doctor supervised HCG injections. They are correct the drops are not FDA approved and not safe but I feel that with doctor supervision the shots can be safe. My clinic I go to does not do a crazy 500 calorie diet or even 800 calorie diet they do what they call "true" calories which averages out to be around 1000-15000 cal's a day but very high protein calories in that amount. Make the right decision for you. Even on HCG shots you still have to put the work in and count cal's as well as workout 4-6 days a week. There is no easy fix. I choose to give HCG a try because I am post menopausal, have hypothyroidism and am diabetic all of which inhibit weight loss.

Last spring and summer I combined prescription HCG injections with the Paleo diet under my Dr Supervision and I lost 40 pounds in 2 rounds, so about 20 pounds per round.

I was able to keep the weight off. Once I stopped the injections in that second round, I kept with the Paleo eating plan and have done nothing but maintain until I started going to the Chiropractor in late November. Once he started working on calming the nerves and vertabrae around my adrenal glands I have started losing weight on my own. In fact, I have lost about 7 pounds since the beginning of 2012.

I believe the Chiropractor has me on the right track as far as helping my body to start healing. If I get to the point where I stop losing again, I will definitely go back to the HCG injections along with my current Paleo eating.

Is your goal to lose weight, or to lose fat? They are 2 different things. from what I have seen from HCG users is that they lose a large % of lean muscle as they lose fat. This in turn lowers your metabolism making is easier to gain weight back. It may take longer to get to your goal weight without HCG, but you be at your goal weight with a much lower BF% if you do it slow without HCG.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    HCG =
    MC910216335.PNG
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Wow. Never seen so much pro-HCG/Very Low Cal Diet support in a general forum thread. Amazing...
  • crystalcreek
    Options
    You'd do better to research the cat pee diet that's been posted today!

;)
  • korkyrn
    korkyrn Posts: 18
    Options
    I bought some because of the fool I am.... wanted a quick fix and all I got was ripped off. Save your money it does not work.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    This thread is in violation of forum rules #3 and #8 here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Reported.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    This is probably even more effective than HCG, and sounds better too: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/443312-cat-pee-diet
  • musial
    musial Posts: 5
    Options
    If you lost weight and kept it off with this diet (as I did over a year ago) I'd like to know if you had side effects.

Personally my in-laws all did it. All lost weight. None kept it off except my husband, who went straight to basic training, and myself because I joined MFP and started tracking calories. Of the 7 people who did it 3 experienced significant hair loss, 4 (including me) dropped out half-way through because it was too hard and we felt too bad, 5 gained back the all weight they lost, and the only 2 people still promoting it are my mother and father-in-law, who do a round every couple of months for maintenance. All 7 experienced an inability to metabolize sugar properly. It's been a year since I quit after losing 12 lbs in 15 days. I am just now able to eat regular sugar without seeing disproportionate weight gain almost immediately. To me, those 12 lbs were so not worth it.

I know my MiL and FiL genuinely think it's working for them, and they actively try to get other people to go to their clinic and start it themselves, but from the outside looking in: never being able to eat sugar again and having to spend $130 every couple of months to buy injections and then follow an incredibly restrictive diet is not "working." It's so much better the way I do it now. I feel so much healthier, and even though I was really excited by my 12 lb loss, I've lost more than that using MFP and I'm not nauseous, starving, and losing hair while I do it. Most people would say my husband and I are an HCG "success story" because we both lost and kept it off, but we both had to go to extraordinary lengths to keep it off and neither of us recommends the program to anyone.

I've had no side effects, during or after.
  • sunflower_yogi
    sunflower_yogi Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    HUGE, Humongous NAY!!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

this says it all
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

For the time being, HCG discussions remain an option for members in the Groups section. Please remember that even in Groups, all site wide rules must be correctly moderated, or the Group runs the risk of deletion. Specifically, endorsement of purchasing prescription supplements or medications without a prescription is in violation of the MyFitnessPal posting guidelines, which can be reviewed here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.

Regards,
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.