Are you a GYM IDIOT?

Options

Replies

• loseweightjames
    Options
    Ever notice the person driving around the parking lot looking for the closest spot possible? They came to workout, why do you need a front row spot?

I do this, but then I'm trying to show off my Porsche :-D

And I like parking close to the windows so I can keep an eye on it
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I HATE when people leave the heaviest amount of weights possible on the machines.. I have to sit there and unload 90+ lbs from the bench press.. or the squat rack! I spend so much time lugging around 45lbs weights because these jerks can't clean up after themselves!

That's not a valuable use of my time at the gym when I could be getting in some good reps.:angry:
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    The guy with little 14" biceps who holds his arms a foot away from his body like his massive lats are forcing him to walk that way. Like a balloon under each arm.

Hey leave that guy alone he is probably awesome!! I bet he knows dozens of bird calls
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Brought your handbag into the weights room.
    Full face of makeup.
    1 set, update your facebook status on your iphone, next machine.

Ohhh I HATE the girls who come to the gym looking like they are at a damn night club, Hair all curled and makeup on, tiny little tanktop with no sportsbra. I go to the gym to work my *kitten* off and expect to look like crap doing so

The ladies that sit on the recumbent bike with their magazines and phones out. Theres one lady at my gym brings a kindle!!!

Women who lift stupid pointless weights that make no improvement on doing the exercise with bodyweight only

Um, I read my kindle while doing a stationary bike. I was pregnant, and didn't want to over do it.

I think if you're pregnant thats a totally different story
  • melissanne81
    Options
    There are a few girls at my gym who always come in together, get on ellipticals next to each other, and proceed to shriek loudly about their personal lives. Why can't they save that **** for the bar?!
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Ever notice the person driving around the parking lot looking for the closest spot possible? They came to workout, why do you need a front row spot?

I do this, but then I'm trying to show off my Porsche :-D

And I like parking close to the windows so I can keep an eye on it
    Thats called parking lot Pimpin and it is ok!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    This guy always makes me laugh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp5pM_rJrcI
  • MrsObundles
    MrsObundles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I think it's hilarious that people complain so much about things that have no impact on their gym experience while there are so MANY things to vent about that directly make your gym experience suck.

I hate LURKERS for example. I have to do these really slow negatives (eccentric hamstrings) for rehab. It takes me about 15 to 20 mins to do 3 sets of 12-15 reps because I isolate, and do one leg at a time. There is no rest break between sets, so it's not like I'm just sitting there taking up space. But every once in a while some dude just LOOMS over me for 5 to 10 minutes. Next time, I'm going to turn around and say "I've got six more sets, if youre waiting" just to get him to leave.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I forgot about the Jersey Shore guys who wink at themselves in the mirror while they are lifting and point to themselves in the mirror in between sets. Or the guys who lift their shirts up and take pictures of their abs to show off to facebook / the dating site they are on to show their worth.

That last one is probably more jealousy ;)

No!!!! Really???!!! I would have to stop & take a picture of them taking a picture of themselves. So I could laugh at them later. :bigsmile:
  • SamanthaRiccio
    SamanthaRiccio Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Full face of makeup.

Ohhh I HATE the girls who come to the gym looking like they are at a damn night club, Hair all curled and makeup on, tiny little tanktop with no sportsbra. I go to the gym to work my *kitten* off and expect to look like crap doing so

The ladies that sit on the recumbent bike with their magazines and phones out. Theres one lady at my gym brings a kindle!!!

Women who lift stupid pointless weights that make no improvement on doing the exercise with bodyweight only

I bring my Kindle to the gym on occasion and listen to my ipod when I am going to use a machine? Didn't know that was weird. Its better than watching the lame shows they have on the tv's.
  • alohashley
    alohashley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Gym Idiot - I don't need to see your butt crack at the gym.
  • waxon81
    waxon81 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I remember reading this thread on bb.com, and alot of what was mentioned there has been mentioned here. The number one definitely seemed to be curling in the squat rack. And I love the "invisible lat syndrome" thing..... Im going to use that!
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    No one bothers me at the gym except for the lady who's yapping (loudly) on her cell phone while on the treadmill. First of all, hasn't she heard that if you can continue a long conversation, you're probably not working hard enough? Secondly, I hate hearing people's conversations anyway. Grocery store, bank, etc. I think people think when they're on their cell phone, they're invisible to the rest of the world. :glasses:
  • cashnhaydensmama
    cashnhaydensmama Posts: 41 Member
    Options

hahaha there is a huge gym near me that has escalators out front instead of stairs WTF is that about?

LOL That is awesome!!!
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    A gym idiot is when you're at the gym during peak hours and you "claim" the power rack by putting your water bottle and baseball cap down in front of it while you go off and spot some other dude for 10 minutes.

In my gym there is a guy that claims THREE power racks for 20 minutes - each with different weights set, so he can do his "special magic routine" - and then he rests two minutes between jumping accross to the next rack - plenty of time to change weights on one rack!!

That dude needs to get his *kitten* kicked
  • SamanthaRiccio
    SamanthaRiccio Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Full face of makeup.

I bring my Kindle to the gym on occasion and listen to my ipod when I am going to use a machine? Didn't know that was weird. Its better than watching the lame shows they have on the tv's.

I don't use the bike though ;)
  • rainbowbuggy
    Options

This is the best laugh yet! LOL...however I do it when its raining or something.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options

hahaha there is a huge gym near me that has escalators out front instead of stairs WTF is that about?

LOL That is awesome!!!
    I bust my *kitten* on the elliptical so by the time I am at work, often I need to take the elevator.
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I HATE when people leave the heaviest amount of weights possible on the machines.. I have to sit there and unload 90+ lbs from the bench press.. or the squat rack! I spend so much time lugging around 45lbs weights because these jerks can't clean up after themselves!

That's not a valuable use of my time at the gym when I could be getting in some good reps.:angry:

That pissed me off too :(
    The other day I unloaded about 400lbs off the leg press. Fun...

There is a girl who uses 10-15 pounds dumbbells and drops them on the floor. It's very annoying. I could understand if they were heavy; I mean someone who does that with 60 lbs doesn't bother me as much. Whenever I see her now, I put my music loud enough so I can barely hear her.

And there are the guys who lift their shirts and look at their abs... REALLY?! I'd be shy to do that. But then my BF did it the other day too, and I laughed at him :-)

But those things don't bother me so much, well except the girl throwing the dumbbells on the floor. I'd rather unload the leg press...