Comic Books?!

Options

Replies

• Gyoza11
    Gyoza11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Can I just say how retarded I feel when i'm talking to a dude who doesn't know who Tony Stark is????

That's why I made sure I found a guy who knew waaaaay more about comic books (and other similar things) than I did. XD
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Can I just say how retarded I feel when i'm talking to a dude who doesn't know who Tony Stark is????

why should you feel retarded? because of the movies so many comics have gone mainstream, the major characters and titles should be well known by most people.

I personally fell in love with many characters of x-men, but Iron man has been a close second for me. I just think its weird to think that I would know that Character by Tony Stark other than Iron Man. Plus, I thought that Iron Man was a common knowledge. The first Volume came out in 1968 he's been a character that has been known for YEARS.....it would be using the term "that's as old as sliced bread" and someone not getting it.....for me that is :)
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of graphic novels but not so much "comics." Unless you're talking about some Cathy (yes I know that strip is discontinued).

Point me in the direction of Neil Gaiman's Sandman series and I am in heaven.
  • Gyoza11
    Gyoza11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of graphic novels but not so much "comics." Unless you're talking about some Cathy (yes I know that strip is discontinued).

How could I forget Neil Gaiman!!! Good Omens and American gods are two of my all time favorite books. The Sandman series is also amazing!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I wanna be Ryuk for sure :)
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Gyoza Good Omens is probably one of my favourite books :)
  • rdpixie
    rdpixie Posts: 96
    Options

How could I forget Neil Gaiman!!! Good Omens and American gods are two of my all time favorite books. The Sandman series is also amazing!

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman is my favourite book :)
  • StoneColdLiger
    StoneColdLiger Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm a pretty big Batman fan myself. I've always been mostly a DC guy. Never cared a whole lot for Marvel save for a few heroes here and there. I mostly read Batman, and the heroes surrounding him. I used to hate Superman, but recently I decided to give him another shot and read Superman/Doomsday and I enjoyed it enough to say I like Superman now. (But Batman can still whoop him)
    My next two favorites would have to be the Sonic The Hedgehog comics and Usagi Yojimbo. Both are amazing.
    As far as Marvel goes, I like Captain America, Thor and X-Men(Wolverine and Rogue).

I'd love to get a Batman tatoo. Sonic and Usagi might be pretty cool to get too though.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    when it comes to DC and Marvel I like Marvel more. Xmen my most favorite and Nightcrawler being my main guy. I also like the new DC Green Arrow and how they are putting him in Seattle, WA since I live close to it.
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    NEC, Darkhorse, or Vertigo for me.

Sandman!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    nice!

I just got all these for xmas
    399990_10150469442333316_508033315_8734417_572844783_n.jpg

I'm so excited about having these
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the latest Walking Dead TPB now and picked up Pendragon Vol. 1.
  • JDviant
    JDviant Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't buy single issues any longer, but i do have an expanding tpb/hc collection. Lately I've been focusing on classic comic strip collections; I have the Complete Calvin & Hobbes and Complete Farside, about four years worth of Eisner's The Spirit (1946-1949), the first three volumes of Rip Kirby (An Alex Raymond detective strip started in 1946), and several volumes of british sensation Modesty Blaise, among others.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    I think it's pretty normal for chicks to read comics.

Doesn't make it any less nerdy, though. I'm obsessed with Marvel comics and only a few from DC (Batman & Superman- rarely will read though). My favorites are the Taskmaster mini series and every single comic Deadpool is in. Lol.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxmHRTasqypZ4j7GSGYtKOMdwDN3KVXG5k_rlolYFshe-H418_

This has been my desktop forever. HUGE Rogue fan.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    when it comes to DC and Marvel I like Marvel more. Xmen my most favorite and Nightcrawler being my main guy. I also like the new DC Green Arrow and how they are putting him in Seattle, WA since I live close to it.

You mean DC's version of Hawkeye? Lol
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    I'm not into comics
  • chelleymarie88
    Options

394303_3050413307834_1488289020_3017587_45790020_n.jpg

I made this meme awhile ago...... and put it on my facebook..... and got a **** ton of "WHO'S TONY STARK, I DON'T GET IT".

Really, dude? Really...
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    I'm reading the latest Walking Dead TPB now and picked up Pendragon Vol. 1.

It's AWESOME isn't it?
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    I kill every damn superhero/comic book thread. I get too damn excited -__-