Bring IT! Part IIII: Team No Excuses in April

Options

Replies

• Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am new. Kinda. I have been interested in joining your thread (if you'll have me) You all are so very inspiring. I have been traveling around afghanistan (im a soldier). I am getting married feb 2010 and although i am in decent shape I would like to be stronger. I have been wanting to order p90x for a long time butmy space is limited. I did order Power half hour to do until i redeploy back to the states. on top of that i will continue to run and go to the gym. anyways I would like to check in with you guys for support if you dont mind. thank you

Welcome!
    I took a day off from working out yesterday, but today it's supposed to be over 100, so I'm not sure I want to walk this a.m. I'll have to figure out how to get in my workouts, though, because this is just the beginning of the summer heat! :ohwell:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am new. Kinda. I have been interested in joining your thread (if you'll have me) You all are so very inspiring. I have been traveling around afghanistan (im a soldier). I am getting married feb 2010 and although i am in decent shape I would like to be stronger. I have been wanting to order p90x for a long time butmy space is limited. I did order Power half hour to do until i redeploy back to the states. on top of that i will continue to run and go to the gym. anyways I would like to check in with you guys for support if you dont mind. thank you
    Welcome to the group feel free to post challenges and anything you like and things to help you and everyone else stay motivated!!.....Good Morning Bring IT BUNCH!!!..Im back from vacation and well you know I will be back to my jogging in the morning...Im at my sisters but when I go to my house I will see what my calendar says Ive lost these past 2 weeks..while I was away...Im hoping to weigh in at 150lb by my Bday Nov 3...so I have to push myself hard this summer...anyone else have any goals to meet before this yr is over?
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group feel free to post challenges and anything you like and things to help you and everyone else stay motivated!!.....Good Morning Bring IT BUNCH!!!..Im back from vacation and well you know I will be back to my jogging in the morning...Im at my sisters but when I go to my house I will see what my calendar says Ive lost these past 2 weeks..while I was away...Im hoping to weigh in at 150lb by my Bday Nov 3...so I have to push myself hard this summer...anyone else have any goals to meet before this yr is over?
    I would like to drop at least 50 more pounds before my brothers wedding in August.So I am going to BRING IT hardcore.
  • Georg
    Options
    :ohwell: I'll just really be happy when I break 200! :grumble:
    At my 1 pound a week mode (plus vacation coming up) I hope I can make it happen by the end of summer. I'd really like new clothes for next fall.
    :bigsmile:
    I walked yesterday a.m. after all.
    Mya-it's good to have you back.
    I can hardly wait to see your ticker change!
    Bring it!
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Hey you guys!!...well i checked and it was a total of 7lbs i lost during my vacation so im happy with that ...anyhow....How is everyone today? I hope your bringing it and I hope your going cardio crazy...and remember sodium plays a key factor in all this try to watch it and keep it low so it doesnt sabotage your efforts....today i missed my 4am jog so i have to go this evening.......:flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    Options
    Hey you guys!!...well i checked and it was a total of 7lbs i lost during my vacation so im happy with that ...anyhow....How is everyone today? I hope your bringing it and I hope your going cardio crazy...and remember sodium plays a key factor in all this try to watch it and keep it low so it doesnt sabotage your efforts....today i missed my 4am jog so i have to go this evening.......:flowerforyou:
    Thanks for the reminder Mya!! I am back on track and watching every ounce of sodium that goes into my body.I am feeling way better today thanks to your PICK ME UP!! BRING IT this week and the week after and the week after etc.I am not losing this battle with the bulge.I am worth looking fantastic!!!:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Georg
    Options
    Mya- Good for you!
    :flowerforyou:
    You're just a shadow of your former self! :heart:

I had dinner out tonight at Mimi's Cafe. I had a cobb salad off their light menu & it was great. There are lots of dishes from there in the database. That's cool.

And again, I noticed that almost everyone who walked in was overweight. :huh: I'm noticing people's flabby arms & elbows & pudgy pants everywhere I go. It's terrible.:noway:
  • Georg
    Options
    Or maybe it's motivating.
    :wink:
  • awestfall
    Options
    Or maybe it's motivating.
    :wink:
    Sounds to me like motivation.USE IT!!
  • meisje
    meisje Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    hey there - i'm back from school/vaca/rest/recovery days! (unfortunately my rest days tend to be pretty gluttonous as well, so i have some catching up to do...) :embarassed:
    i have a new goal to try to get a run in a few mornings a week - see how that works. i want to schedule in a few more races this summer and that is a great motivator - have any of you (mya?!!) tried a 5 k yet? DO IT! so fun and worthwhile! i am going to continue jogging with a friend a couple evenings a week as well, but that is at a more relaxed pace! (although it still counts!!!!)
    swimming scheduled for this afternoon and biking to and from work as always!
    the weather is beautiful here and summer is the best eat healthy/play healthy motivator that i know! have fun everyone!!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Hey all!!
    I need to have your gol Meisje..Im having issues waking up and getting my jog done and over with..and Ive beern ending up with having to do it in teh evening blah!!!..im doing fine food wise and seem to have that mastered but I really need to buckle down on my sleep habits so I can have energy....How is everyone doing?
  • awestfall
    Options
    Hey all!!
    I need to have your gol Meisje..Im having issues waking up and getting my jog done and over with..and Ive beern ending up with having to do it in teh evening blah!!!..im doing fine food wise and seem to have that mastered but I really need to buckle down on my sleep habits so I can have energy....How is everyone doing?
    I am doing much better today !! My energy has returned and my stress and anxiety has relieved itself.So I am back full force this week.:flowerforyou:
  • Georg
    Options
    I'm here. Looking forward to a relaxing weekend.
    My weight has gone up a couple of pounds this week (but you'll notice I didn't change my ticker because I don't believe it.) I have worked out 1000+ calories every day until yesterday, so it must be sodium. I've been eating a lot of sliced meat & cheese all week for lunch (leftovers from last weekend) & lots of raw veggies for both lunch & dinner.
    So I'm expecting those pounds to turn & run pretty soon & take some friends with them.:wink:
    Glad everyone is home & back bringing it!
  • Georg
    Options
    Where is everyone?
    I'm getting ready for a long hike/walk.
    Have a good weekend!
  • meisje
    meisje Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    have been running every day this week! actually my big news is that i got up and out the door before breakfast this morning! that is my new goal (excercise first thing in the morning) and i sure hope it sticks!
    have been continuing to eat well which has been really great all around - have even been blending a lot of juice drinks for some extra vitamins and fiber - anyone else blend? do you add protein powder? i worry about too much sugar in most protein drinks so i'm kinda undecided...
    anyway, another gorgeous day - get outside and enjoy your healh!!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Im here everyone still plugging along..summer is coming so im trying to get out more...i did my jog at 430am LOL....keep up yhe good work you guys!! and Bring IT!
  • Georg
    Options
    :noway: 4:30!
    You are a crazy gal! :huh:
    Well, my annoying sodium pounds did indeed leave yesterday! :bigsmile:
    I'm waiting a day or two to see if their friends go, too.:wink:
  • awestfall
    Options
    :noway: 4:30!
    You are a crazy gal! :huh:
    Well, my annoying sodium pounds did indeed leave yesterday! :bigsmile:
    I'm waiting a day or two to see if their friends go, too.:wink:
    I am with ya on those sodium pounds.I hope I can lose those and some more!!
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am BACK.

I've had a rough couple of weeks. Well, let me just give a rundown, because you guys understand me.

So, finals came up. As well as packing to go back home. Everything was a giant clusterfvck of retarded deadlines, retarded teachers, and whatever else decided to have their jollies at my expense.

In the end, I did not sleep more than 4 hours over a 3-day period. Yeah. How did I do it? My own grit and gumption and a steady stream of coffee and energy drinks. I HATED doing this. I've pulled all-nighters before, but this one pwns them all. Combine this with sitting for long periods, staring at a computer screen or a textbook, and I was totally fvcked up by the time I boarded my plane home. I probably had cortisol and adrenaline dripping out my nose. In terms of food, I was out of cafeteria money, so I was subsisting on whatever was left in the pantry (thank god I had a lot of protein powder, frozen veggies, and egg whites!) But I still wound up eating my share of Lean Cuisines.

Jesus Christ, I looked in the mirror and was rather appalled. My shoulders were bony as hell, for one. What muscle I did have seemed to have lessened, and I looked way squishier.

I renewed my gym membership and went to the gym to work out yesterday, for the 2nd time in a whole week (crazy for me). But my motivation was ZERO. I was DEAD. It's more than that though...

I've really been feeling burned out lately. Little motivation to exercise, disgust with how bad I look, despair that if I start eating more to help build more muscle (I'm eating around 1350-1400 now, I need to push it up), it's all going to go on as fat, just as if I were some crazed yo-yo dieter.

Yesterday was REALLY sucky.

Then today I had two things that drug me out of my little self-made pity-party emo child hell. I went to the boxing cardio class that I remembered fondly from winter break. For the first time in a week, I BROUGHT IT! So much fun! I wailed on a bag and got in a great cardio/toning session.

Then I had my "assessment" as part of my gym membership. A trainer took my pulse, body fat, weight, measurements, and assessed my physical problems (fvcked up leg muscles are one of them).

Good news: my body fat % has gone from 29% to 22% since Christmas. Bad news: I have difficulties breathing right while strength training, which throws my form off. And my leg muscles are very screwy. The trainer, who was a very sincere, blunt lady, said she really recommended at least a couple personal training sessions to break all my bad strength-training habits and get me on the right track.

Then the best: turns out, unlike I'd thought, you DON'T have to buy 12-session personal training packages. You can buy individually from the trainers. 12-sessions was too much for my dad and me to afford (as a b-day present to me)...but my dad said he'd pay for 6 of them!

This, I think, was just what I needed. Some redirection, some refocus.

I'm also going to use these sessions to help me transition into maintenance. The trainer claimed that if I was serious, I could gain between 2.5-3 pounds of muscle in 6 weeks and bring my bf% down to 18%, which would be ideal for maintenance.

And...ok, I'm starting an internship soon that's going to be stressful. I'm so happy I can have someone just TELL me what to do. It's less stressful than trying to come up with my own (haphazard) workout.

I'm back! Now, to fix these bony shoulders, flabby thighs, and jelly arms.
  • Georg
    Options
    Refocus is always a good thing.
    :heart:
    Hang in there!
    :heart:
    I'm back at work today, got in my 1000+ calorie work out on the bike. I can get it finished MUCH faster than before.
    Bring it!!!!