guys drive me nuts

Options

Replies

• seehawkmomma
    Options
    Amazingly enough women do this exact same thing as well.

Not if she is into you....
  • slayerdan
    slayerdan Posts: 193
    Options
    Sounds like to me you drove yourself nuts. You got into a text relationship with a drunk guy you met who was obviously only into something physical. Classic case of 1 way relationship that really wasnt a relationship, just barely an acquaintance. Let it go.
  • jill___
    jill___ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You hooked up with a guy the night you met him... and then he stopped calling!? Shock! He's not a jerk, he just sees you as the type of girl who jumps into bed with guys without knowing them -- and he probably doesn't want that type of girl.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    He/She's not into you is indeed a great book to read. Psychology is always good to know, it prevents us from making fools of ourselves, especially in instances like this where pursuing someone not interested is a giant waste of time (andmakes you look like a douche in some cases)
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Amazingly enough women do this exact same thing as well.

Not if she is into you....

See my above post =P
  • Bella3119
    Bella3119 Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm sorry darling but he obviously only wanted 1 thing from you and he's probably on to the next one. Now you have to man up and set your priorities to make sure the next guy is worth your time.
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    what a minute... your surprised that he isn't texting after he got it in? ....
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Dont take it so personally.. you dont him very well.. his battery might have died, or he could have lost his phone.. invite him to the party and go from there.. you never know what may have happened for him not to respond!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    You hooked up when you first met him? No mystery left. I don't blame him. You won't hear from him again. Should've strung him along a little longer.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I knew the problem after the first couple lines. He texts you usually when drunk.......this is guy code for "I just want to hook up." Forget about him & move on. Unless you're into that.....but you'll never get more out of him.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I love that you are willing to hook up with a stranger but still cling to the "omg girls can't initiate contact" idea.
  • jennajava
    Options
    I love that you are willing to hook up with a stranger but still cling to the "omg girls can't initiate contact" idea.

:laugh:

Agreed. Quite the oxymoron.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    This is an easy one.

Advice from a guy:

Toss out the invite. If he's interested in anything, be it a hookup or the possibility of pursing a relationship, he'll be there. Once there, It'll be easy enough to figure it out once you're interacting face to face at the party.

EDIT - on the drunk-texting, some guys find it easier to actually talk to girls when a bit buzzed simply because of the whole inhibitions thing.

JM
  • AubriaJordan
    Options
    Like another girl said... "He's Just Not That Into You"... Read the book! It's great!! Also check out the movie!
  • jennajava
    Options
    Wow a guy doesn't reply to one texts and we're all animals, *kitten*, theworstpeopleintheworld.
    Instead of playing mind games, why not just text an invite to your party...

Because women are irrational monsters.

True story.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

EDITED: we did hookup and some of his texts were on how he wished we lived closer

yeah....for a booty call whenever he felt like it.

he doesn't sound worth it, I'd say move on and stop texting him.
  • ItsJustK
    ItsJustK Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If you don't give it up, you're a tease. If you do give it up, no one wants to buy the cow.

I married what I hoped to have been a one night stand. Sometimes it works out. I don't think this time is going to work out for you. Time to move on to the next fella.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I can't help but wonder if this post was by a guy, that he hooked up with a girl now she no longed texts him, if he would be criticized for hooking up part.

Ahh double standards. I love them.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I can't help but wonder if this post was by a guy, that he hooked up with a girl now she no longed texts him, if he would be criticized for hooking up part.

Ahh double standards. I love them.

Nah, I'd say the same exact thing. No double standards here.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    What is your definition of "hook up". Many folks have different definitions of it. Take a stand and text him. If he doesn't text you back or when he is sober then its not worth it and move on. At least you will have your answer and you can focus on yourself and another lucky fellow.