30 Day Shred Challenge check in 5/15

Options

Replies

• BeesBella
    BeesBella Posts: 24
    Options
    Just remember muscle weighs more than fat anyway so if you're working out then you are making more muscle therefore your weight might not go down for a while.
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    Good morning! It's a new week!!! I have to say, my jeans feel better this morning, so in spite of no change on the scale, I know my body is tightening up. I honestly don't care much what the scale says, just want to look and feel better.

Have a wonderful week of shredding!!!
  • csanchez39
    csanchez39 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I want to join to..but instead of calling it the 30 day shred...I call it the 30 day pain. I started to do this workout about a month ago and only got to day 3 because I was in so much pain. So after much procrastination I decided to try it again. Today would be day 3 and I too am in so much pain...mainly in my lower body. I justify the pain because I am heavier on the bottom.

I was in pain yesterday as well but I still mananged to do it and I didnt feel as sore as soon as my body warmed up. I will try it today...and please root for me so that I can go beyond day 3.:bigsmile:
  • demezat
    demezat Posts: 158
    Options
    just finished the shred for the day...after a horrible weekend of doing absolutely nothing...UGH....I'm back on track now. I sent 45 minutes on the elliptical as well...hope everyon ehas a great day!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    hey shredddderz!

so, i am a ding bat! :grumble: i brought the dvd to work last week so my buddies could copy it (shhhh! dont tell!) and FORGOT IT on friday! :angry: :explode: i was so mad at myself! :noway: they werent even able to make copies!!!!!

anywho, back to shredding today. and not going to stop until sunday. decided not to weigh or measure because i havent done it! :noway: i feel like a let down, but trust me i kicked my own butt for being a dummy.

i did go to the lake sunday and had to pump up 3 floats with a pump that you hold down with your feet and pull up and down. monday i felt like i had done the shred! LOL! something is better than nothing i suppose...

:drinker: to all of you! :drinker:
  • demezat
    Options
    hey shredddderz!

so, i am a ding bat! :grumble: i brought the dvd to work last week so my buddies could copy it (shhhh! dont tell!) and FORGOT IT on friday! :angry: :explode: i was so mad at myself! :noway: they werent even able to make copies!!!!!

anywho, back to shredding today. and not going to stop until sunday. decided not to weigh or measure because i havent done it! :noway: i feel like a let down, but trust me i kicked my own butt for being a dummy.

i did go to the lake sunday and had to pump up 3 floats with a pump that you hold down with your feet and pull up and down. monday i felt like i had done the shred! LOL! something is better than nothing i suppose...

Don't feel bad heather I had company camping out in my living room all weekend...so I didn't get a chance to do anything at all. We can get back on track this week...I didn't weigh or measure either. :wink:
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    just did my shred for the day... decided to try level 2 and LOVE it compared to level 1. It's more fun and a little harder, so worth it to me... I'm sick to death of jumping jacks!! I have a feeling I'll be on level 2 a while, though, before I feel confident to move on to level 3 hahaha

happy shredding :)
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Hey guys....
    I didn't do the shred this w/e :explode: ..... Was too busy in the garden (got that all planted!), bbq's, parades and visiting graves.
    I'm up to starting again today. I was going to do it every day except Sunday, but I've decided to take Sat and Sun off..... W/E are just too dang busy! :ohwell:
    Hope everyone had a great w/e... now it's back to the old grind! :grumble:

:heart: Cyprianna
  • HannahRoo
    HannahRoo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    So...Saturday grocery shopping and planting a garden (2 hours! says i burned almost 600 calories doing that :noway: ), Sunday company and Monday BBQ....no shredding over the weekend. I barely had time to put my calories in!

I just found out that we're ramping up at work this week so I have to be in at 6 am every morning :grumble: I will switch it around and do the exercise after work instead. Day 6 this afternoon! :flowerforyou:
  • rachlong33
    rachlong33 Posts: 13
    Options
    Well last week I only did the shred twice and I think I pulled a muscle in my calve, it hurt to even walk:mad: so I stopped doing it for the rest of the week and then we were camping all weekend so hopefully I will start up again tomarrow (my leg is starting to feel better).

So no measurements or weigh in this week for me. SORRY :cry:
  • heather0mc
    Options
    hey shredddderz!

Don't feel bad heather I had company camping out in my living room all weekend...so I didn't get a chance to do anything at all. We can get back on track this week...I didn't weigh or measure either. :wink:

i am glad a lot of us are in the same boat. minor set backs i suppose, off and shredding this week! i plan to shred tonight, after curves and after meeting a family at petsmart so they can adopt to kitties from my rescue group :bigsmile:
  • allisonie
    allisonie Posts: 34
    Options
    hey shredddderz!

i am glad a lot of us are in the same boat. minor set backs i suppose, off and shredding this week! i plan to shred tonight, after curves and after meeting a family at petsmart so they can adopt to kitties from my rescue group :bigsmile:

I LOVE that you are in a rescue group! Very inspiring :smile:
  • heather0mc
    Options
    hey shredddderz!

I LOVE that you are in a rescue group! Very inspiring :smile:

thanks hun! :flowerforyou:
  • michele73
    michele73 Posts: 102
    Options
    Hey all,

I did not get to do the shred yesterday since i was in a parade with the kids and then had a last minute BBQ with family. Tonight I have my aerobics class which incorporates strength training as well. I have to say though that the two days off really healed the bad pain in the front of my calves. I'm scared that it is going to come back when I do the shred again tomorrow. Someone had mentioned to me to ice the calves right after the workout.

I lost only a pound last week and 5 pounds total the past three weeks. I was really sad that I only saw a one pound loss because I am doing so well staying in my calorie range and working out. I thought that people lose a lot of weight in the beginning when they first start. It's so hard to have patience when you know you are doing everything right.

Well, have a great night ladies. Good luck shredding!!!

Michele
  • sdwillis35
    sdwillis35 Posts: 40
    Options
    Hey guys I didn't shred Monday or today. Monday we BBQ and road four wheelers hiked a little so nothing else happened, but I did shred all weekend. Today I didn't shred because I mowed grass and burned 627 calories. I haven't taken any measurements from my first week but I did lose two pounds. I'm still thinking of shredding before bed but most likey I'll do it in the morning. I gotta get started ...Florida and the beach in less than two weeks! Yay!!!
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I did not get to do the shred yesterday since i was in a parade with the kids and then had a last minute BBQ with family. Tonight I have my aerobics class which incorporates strength training as well. I have to say though that the two days off really healed the bad pain in the front of my calves. I'm scared that it is going to come back when I do the shred again tomorrow. Someone had mentioned to me to ice the calves right after the workout.

I lost only a pound last week and 5 pounds total the past three weeks. I was really sad that I only saw a one pound loss because I am doing so well staying in my calorie range and working out. I thought that people lose a lot of weight in the beginning when they first start. It's so hard to have patience when you know you are doing everything right.

Well, have a great night ladies. Good luck shredding!!!

Michele

Sounds like you're getting shin splints. When you are sitting try "writing the alphabet" in the air with your big toe. Sounds weird, but it really streaches that muscle out...

Don't give up hope... Don't look at it as "only five pounds lost", but "holy *kitten* I lost five pounds! WHOO!" :laugh: :tongue: Seriously though, you're doing GREAT! :smile: Keep it up!

:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    Didn't do my shred this morning, yet... decided to do my house cleaning BEFORE shredding to see if that helps me. I've been hitting a wall around 11am or so, when I work out at 8am or so and then do housework. And I have to admit, I'm usually so pooped from working out that my housework is half-arsed LOL... so I'm thinking if I switch it around that maybe my body will have more of a "warm up" before jumping into a sweat-fest. We'll see how it goes over the next couple days :)

Happy Wednesday all :)
  • michele73
    michele73 Posts: 102
    Options
    Pipinana,

Thank you so much for your support and motivation. You really made me feel good. You are so right. I really should be saying "holy **** five pounds" . You helped me to see it in a different light today and I really needed that. I will also try those stretches.

Here is a video clip from Biggest Loser that I thought would be motivational for all of us today.

Michele

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbkR9lmhFUQ
  • momta2girls
    momta2girls Posts: 60
    Options
    Just checking in.....

Week 2 Level 1---I shredded Monday and Tuesday. Today I took a rest day. Hopefully, these muscles will hurry up and stop killing me! But I have to say, I'm not hurting as bad as before. And yesterday I was able to do all the cardio without stopping! Push-ups are another story:grumble:

So after shredding a total of 5 times, I'm really starting to tell a difference in the workouts. I'm not struggling quite as much to get through everything.

Funny story, my pants almost fell off today. :noway: That wouldn't have gone over very well at my workplace since I work in a church!:laugh:

See ya later!
  • demezat
    Options
    Just checking in...my daily shred was completed around 10am this morning...Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!! Happy Shredding!!:flowerforyou: