MAY "No Late Night Snacking" Challenge

Options
123457»

Replies

• leslier
    leslier Posts: 15
    Options
    well i have gotten back on track with workout, eating, not eating past my cut off time so i am feeling a little better. I hope everyone is doing well!=):smile:

Thank you Dewdrop for the encouraging words!!
    url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]204360.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Good morning-
    I've made it through 8 nights, but just barely, I had a bit of watermelon to my lips when I saw the time and handed it right over to my husband. Thank you dewdrop for starting this thread way back when - it kept me from continuing to eat even more than the 4 fat free fig newtons I had had after dinner.

leslier, you are being too hard on yourself. Illness counts as an exception, just like week-ends or other special occasions can have a later cut-off. So, keep up with your original count.

wlhanisch, I hear you about having a tough time sticking with this. I've spent more time on the ground than on the wagon!:laugh: But, I know you can do this. You've been a shining example for several months now. Just keep thinking of us when you bake those delicious cookies. You are a good mom.

Have a great day everyone. Hang in there a few more nights. The month is almost over.
    Zaza
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    hey guys, i really need your support, i have to get back to this thread and being accountable.
    ever since Memorial Day, my eating has not been great and last night I binged, bad, really bad.

At 12:30 I woke up, went into the kitchen and devoured a whole big slice of strawberry cake. the whole time I was eating it, i kept thinking "screw it, i've already messed up i might as well finish the slice"
    but i know that today is a new day and starting tonight, I will not cave in!!! i've just been really depressed because it's that time of month and i've seen a 6 lb fluctuation in my weight just since last week. :grumble:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    hey guys, i really need your support

Do you mind getting support from someone who messes up all the time? :embarassed: If not, then I'm here for ya. Don't you dare do it again, lady! :angry: Do what again? Well, for one, feel terrible about one cheat. Secondly, about taking an X lbs gain serious, when it's that Tom we all loooove so much (yeah, right :noway: ).

This being said, don't you dare turn this exception into a rule :angry: . (I am so glad to have you in our team, though :blushing: :flowerforyou: )

Zaza, thank you, you're being lovely as usual. :love: You are doing really well! :flowerforyou:

I'm back to 0, but, to be honest, this month hasn't been that bad. I didn't have nights where I ate like there was no tomorrow, just cos I put something in my mouth past my cut-off time. :laugh:
  • ildi007
    ildi007 Posts: 107
    Options
    Let's just put it this way about my progess: I cannot wait for the June challenge, so I can start fresh and new!!!!!
    I'm gonna do it!
    For this month: a lot of stress, lot of overtime, going over calories, and a few pounds gained back. From 142 I was down to 135' but now it's about 137...Not that the pounds matter more than my realization of bad , unhealthy and unnecessary habits. Those gotta go and the pounds will shed.

This is for all of you out there: :flowerforyou:
  • flairbear
    flairbear Posts: 38
    Options
    good idea!
    im in for sure.
    My cut off time is after dinner, usually 7
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm back from my 2 1/2 week trip. It was a great trip but I'm ready to get back on track with my disciplined eating and working out.

I gained while on my trip and I'm hoping it will come off as fast as it went off ... which I know it never does :grumble:

I am not 100% sure of how many days I may have gone past my cut off time but I know I did one night. I'm just going to wait until June 1 to count but I have been pretty consistent on not eating past my cutoff. However, I have not been very good at eating healthy. It's really hard when I am not the one preparing or planning. Now I have no excuses since I'm home :wink:

Have a great day everyone.

Esther
  • zaza54
    Options
    Good morning-
    I can't believe it's already May 31.
    So, it's time to let us know your longest stretch of days without late night snacking so we can determine this month's winner.

My record for this month is 11 nights. :happy: I hope (intend) to make it 12 nights by tomorrow. I just wish I could be better about the calories; I might see some consistent and lasting movement on the weight loss ticker!.:grumble:

I'll check the thread tomorrow and we'll announce the May winner. Then I'll start a new thread for June. This could be getting a bit stale for some of you, but I need this and I think there are still plenty of people who have trouble with late night snacking. Feel free to give any suggestions on how to make this challenge work better.

Enjoy your Sunday, and please get your number of consecutive days posted tomorrow! Thanks.
    Zaza
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I don't know exactly how many because I know there was one night I ate past my cutoff and don't remember what date that was :ohwell: So....count me out for May but I will be here for the June challenge.

thanks zaza

Esther
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Last night I woke at midnight and ate a bowl of cheerios :grumble:
    but tonight is the start of a new month and I'm going to be a good girl :flowerforyou:
  • leslier
    leslier Posts: 15
    Options
    I think my longest stretch was 15 days. I am starting back on track today since it is the first of the month. Are we doing a June challenge? I hope everyone is doing well!

204360.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • zaza54
    Options
    Hi-
    So far, it appears that leslier holds the title for May with 15 consecutive days!!!
    If anyone has more than that, please post let us know.

For now, congratulations to leslier.:flowerforyou:
    I
    am going to try to give you some competition for the month of June. In fact, I am posting a new thread for the June challenge so please look for it everyone. Let's keep this going.
    Zaza
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Here, it's easier for the older members to join the new thread if we have the link handy:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/55183-june-no-late-night-snacking-challenge

Thank you, Zaza :flowerforyou: and good luck everyone! :wink: