HELP... need to know a lower calorie pasta

Options
13»

Replies

• kittycarson
    Options
    I use Ancient Harvest Organic Quinoa Pasta. It has corn and quinoa with nothing else added...well..water, I guess..Anyway, it is really tasty and has about 200 calories for 2oz. of pasta. I sautee a tsp.of olive oil, minced garlic, basil and fire roasted tomatoes to make an excellent sauce..
  • Fraileya19
    Options
    try tofu shirataki noodles - they aren't pasta.. but close. Hungrygirl.com has a fake fettucini alfredo recipe with them, that isn't so bad!

I agree! They are going to be the least calories you are going to find. They don't taste bad, it is just the texture that may take some getting used to.
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    Dreamfields , is very low carb also!!!!
  • oceanrose78
    oceanrose78 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I make regular pasta of whatever kind, but I replace 50% of the noodles with veggies. Broccoli, spinach, carrots, squash, mushrooms, whatever I have on hand really. It tastes better, and cuts down considerably on the amount of actual pasta you're eating :)
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Sorry...I just broke up with Pasta....YUp Its true I have found they are all the same...they know how to suck you in and make you all comfy then sooner or later we put on a little weight and before you know it they are cheating on you with a different flavor..OH the horror !!!

Thats it Im staying away from pasta ! Im going to be a Pasta virgin !
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Miracle Noodles! I get the black variety since I like to use them with stir-fry recipes, but as others have mentioned, they have fettucini versions too. they're super filling!!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Pasta is pasta is pasta.

It is wheat.

If you can find pasta that is fewer calories "per cup" it just means that it's more bulky a shape and doesn't sit in the cup as closely. This is why measuring things like pasta in a cup is a total fail. Weight is the way to go with anything other than fluids and things like flour and sugar which are consistently the same volume per mass.

You have two choices, either eat less pasta or eat things that are similar to pasta.

There is no such thing as a lower calorie pasta.
  • MissMollieD
    Options
    Check out polenta, it's not pasta, but they use it instead of pasta.
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    Shirataki noodles are disgusting, just eat normal pasta and work out for those calories!
  • lschaible
    Options
    Hello! I am a subscriber to the Hungry Girl email list where many healthy and low cal recipes are sent to you daily and it's free! You should sign up. But on to the noodle situation - a lot of the recipes call for Shirtaki Noodles which are low carbohydrate and low calorie. They are used for many asian recipes to more substitute pad thai noodles, but the brand also offers different types of noodles such as Spaghetti. It is definitely worth checking out for a healthier pasta option - I hope this helps!
  • jlaursen2882
    jlaursen2882 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had Potato Gnocci last night (got it freeze dried at the grocery store) and it was 150 calories for 3/4 cup. Not sure if you like it, but 3/4 of a cup is SUPER filling!
  • kkm2605
    kkm2605 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    thank you all for your help...